Travel to MTT by BTS+Bus

Someone posted on here a few days ago some decent instructions for how to ride to MTT by BTS then bus. He even included the specific sign on the front of the bus to watch for, as certain buses won't travel to the end of the route, but sadly I now cannot find his post.

If anyone knows how to get there by public transportation, or happens to know the thread and could share it, I would greatly appreciate it. I tried the search function and my own browser history but haven't been able to find it.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I found his post:

Went to extend my tourist visa today and it was pretty easy. 

First, it's easy to get to MTT immigration, but it's time consuming.  I took BTS to Victory Monument and then bus 166 (make sure it's the red sign one going to impact and not the one with government complex).  It's a long ride but comfortable and air con and just 22 baht.  Take it to the last stop.  From there it's a short walk to MTT immigration or take a cheap Moto taxi.  

Once there, it's off to counter k. You absolutely need an appointment.  First, you wait outside.  Then go in another room and they check your documents and then you get a numbered card and then go to a desk with a computer where the input the data and take the paperwork.  Easy.  Then you get your passport back a few minutes later.  Mine has under consideration until October 19 and I must go back on that date.  The lady said make an appointment as well.  

It was easy.  It was time consuming but smooth process.  You need the embassy letter.  I heard you can get 7 days without the letter but not 30.  Embassy letter is a must.  

Edited by Phoenixsun28

Take the BTS to Victory Monument then cross the road (across the Monument) where all the bus stops are. Take the 166 from there (22 baht, airconditioned) and get off at the last stop ???? 

Avoid the morning - the route is mostly expressway, but still took me nearly 2 hours (!) today because of traffic. Nearly got carsick sitting in a (very) shaky bus for that long!

Edited by tabbycat

7 minutes ago, tabbycat said:

Take the BTS to Victory Monument then cross the road (across the Monument) where all the bus stops are. Take the 166 from there (22 baht, airconditioned) and get off at the last stop ???? 

Avoid the morning - the route is mostly expressway, but still took me nearly 2 hours (!) today because of traffic. Nearly got carsick sitting in a (very) shaky bus for that long!

Thanks for this, Tabby...

What time did you go? Sadly, my appointment is in the morning, so I don't really have much of a choice for when to go.

Also, did you happen to notice if your bus had a red sign in the window, which is what the other person mentioned.

Edited by Phoenixsun28

5 minutes ago, Phoenixsun28 said:

Thanks for this, Tabby...

What time did you go? Sadly, my appointment is in the morning, so I don't really have much of a choice for when to go.

Also, did you happen to notice if your bus had a red sign in the window, which is what the other person mentioned.

I didn’t notice any signs on the bus. There was only one 166 bus there going in one direction, towards Impact. Got into the bus around 8am and stepped off around 9.45. 

When you say the red sign do you just mean the numbers 166 in red on the bus?

and if I just hop on the bus and say “MTT” they will know the score?

i got an afternoon slot for 1.30 so what time is best for me to get to the bus stop u reckon ? Is it a long journey

when it’s the last stop - is there a tv on the bus that says MTT? iPhone battery is awful so I don’t trust it to make the full journey.

Edited by Jackcwba
H