Anybody holding out until 29th for a retroactive amnesty extension?

Matzzon

Here we are! It has been a lot of talk about possible extension of the still ongoing amnesty. Some people call it a dream, while others cling to pure illusions of hope.

Where are we know? Is it finally over or is it going to be a round more, like Mike Tyson said after spitting out Evanders ear?

How many of you out there in the dark world of reality is holding on to the last hope?

Is there going to be a back flip on the 29th of september where all overstays are cancelled and a retroactive amnesty is going into effect?

If so, how long will it last?

:cheesy:????:cheesy:????:cheesy:

Edited by Matzzon
  • Haha 1

Come on, why would they announce an extension of the amnesty after it's already expired? I realize that in Vietnam, they announced an extension of their amnesty on the day of expiration, but not afterwards.

So no. Instead, I foresee a possibility of some leniency with regards to getting people back in status since there are apparently still so many foreigners left in the country who haven't extended their stays or departed yet. And clearly only a certain fraction will be able to do so by Saturday. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

Come on, why would they announce an extension of the amnesty after it's already expired? I realize that in Vietnam, they announced an extension of their amnesty on the day of expiration, but not afterwards.

So no. Instead, I foresee a possibility of some leniency with regards to getting people back in status since there are apparently still so many foreigners left in the country who haven't extended their stays or departed yet. And clearly only a certain fraction will be able to do so by Saturday. 

You know I posted it in the Farang Pub Fun Forum instead of the Thai Visas section, right? Do you somewhere read a bit of sarcasm, or?

12 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

It's over. It's not happening.

I will be extending 60 days this week and going back to my home country with wife and child next month. What are you guys doing? I'm curious to know how many are deliberately choosing to overstay.

No problem. Going on 1 year extension. Staying forever! 

Looks like I was wrong. The amnesty appears to be extended until Oct 31. Good news for those that need it. Of course, we still need to wait for official confirmation on Monday. 

However, according to the article I read, it was yesterday (thus one day before the amnesty expiration) that it was provisionally approved, as opposed to being retroactive. 

On 9/22/2020 at 7:26 PM, rattlesnake said:

It's over. It's not happening.

I will be extending 60 days this week and going back to my home country with wife and child next month. What are you guys doing? I'm curious to know how many are deliberately choosing to overstay.

If you're getting a 60 day extension why not wait to go home in late November? 

On 9/22/2020 at 7:25 PM, Matzzon said:

You know I posted it in the Farang Pub Fun Forum instead of the Thai Visas section, right? Do you somewhere read a bit of sarcasm, or?

There have been so many similar posts I didn't know what to think. And I stand corrected because it now appears that the amnesty has indeed been extended. 

• Like 1