COVID 'firepower': Britain imposes six-month curbs against second wave

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All this on a PCR test that is a total HOAX ???   ... show me the sick and the dead ! They are nowhere to be seen because they don't exist ! Just a bunch of meaningless positive test re

Why is it that when I say what I say, you guys immediately jump off the deep end with extremes?    I paid attention to Italy, and I paid attention to NY, and there's nothing wrong with shutt

Being anti-lockdown and anti-shutdown is not anti-covid.    Whats insane is how eager some people are to give up their rights, civil liberties, businesses, and economy over a virus that isnt

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, robblok said:

So i was right that you had a bone in it, you just used the poor Thais for your argument.

Now I know where your coming from your own pocket. 

Ok mate, if youre gonna be like that, you can do it by yourself. 

Later. 

21 minutes ago, robblok said:

No as it was proven then already. Why would they go back and prove something that has been proven already.

The article you refer to dates from June 18, and it addressed the period March-April-May, the height of the covid-outbreak in Europe.  Claiming that re excess deaths things haven't changed in Europe over the past 4 months is not very credible.

22 minutes ago, robblok said:

The best way is still to compare average death rates. I hope you can agree with that. Because the only thing changed is covid so if death rates are a lot higher then normal its all covid. No need for tests and so on. Its actually the best real check there is (if you think about it) Sure its not full proof but better then what is available.

Yes, excess death rate trend is one of the best real checks, as it is as good as impossible to tamper with those figures. 

No need to convince me that during the March-April-May period in Europe there was a spike in excess dates due to covid.

But given the fall in reported deaths due to covid since that Peak time, it is clear that this 'dreaded 2nd wave' narrative resulting in 'bodies piling up on the streets' is a fable spread by people with an agenda.

I am pleased your willing to learn so what did you learn from this article.. you probably learned that deaths are not being hidden at all as this clearly showed deaths being under reported. Just imagine the deaths in say India now.

I agree that deaths are not hidden at all, and comparing the daily number of cases with the daily number of deaths, shows that positive tested cases have risen dramatically (no wonder given the amount of tests being conducted).  But in contrast with the initial outbreak, looking at the deaths (a crude measure for severity of these cases) that figure stays stable in as good as all European countries.

Note: Looking at the comparison profile of cases vs deaths in Sweden compared with other European countries will also be an eye-opener.

Proving your point that Europe is facing a 2nd covid-crisis by referring to India???

But you want current data. I cannot give you but this data is still valid.

The data you referred to are valid, but do we really need to refer to the initial Covid-outbreak figures to prove that covid was more deathly than a normal flu? 

Let's resume this dialogue when the current data are in.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

The article you refer to dates from June 18, and it addressed the period March-April-May, the height of the covid-outbreak in Europe.  Claiming that re excess deaths things haven't changed in Europe over the past 4 months is not very credible.

Yes, excess death rate trend is one of the best real checks, as it is as good as impossible to tamper with those figures. 

No need to convince me that during the March-April-May period in Europe there was a spike in excess dates due to covid.

But given the fall in reported deaths due to covid since that Peak time, it is clear that this 'dreaded 2nd wave' narrative resulting in 'bodies piling up on the streets' is a fable spread by people with an agenda.

I agree that deaths are not hidden at all, and comparing the daily number of cases with the daily number of deaths, shows that positive tested cases have risen dramatically (no wonder given the amount of tests being conducted).  But in contrast with the initial outbreak, looking at the deaths (a crude measure for severity of these cases) that figure stays stable in as good as all European countries.

Note: Looking at the comparison profile of cases vs deaths in Sweden compared with other European countries will also be an eye-opener.

Proving your point that Europe is facing a 2nd covid-crisis by referring to India???

The data you referred to are valid, but do we really need to refer to the initial Covid-outbreak figures to prove that covid was more deathly than a normal flu? 

Let's resume this dialogue when the current data are in.

I am just saying that I think the method of registering has not changed. But you might be right best would be extra new data. I wish I could give you that I am as curious as you are.

Average death rates is something that just can't be faked. Its not fullproof but the best. Good that we agree upon something. 

14 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Ok mate, if youre gonna be like that, you can do it by yourself. 

Later. 

Just calling them how i see them mate. Because I don't feel restricted at all and neither do the majority of Thais. Its the people like you and tourist related that see things differently because they are affected harder. I am affected too but accept that it is how it is.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, robblok said:

Just calling them how i see them mate. Because I don't feel restricted at all and neither do the majority of Thais. Its the people like you and tourist related that see things differently because they are affected harder. I am affected too but accept that it is how it is.

Im married to a thai, perfectly stable financially, and its got nothing to do with "how im affected" because this thread started about the UK, and Ive got no dog in UKs fight, but I feel the same way about them too, lockdowns are against what I am about, fundamentally. 

You really REALLY want to make this personal, and thats a cheap cop-out coming from a weak position. 

Now that we've got that little mess cleared up, you can holler into the void all you want. 

1 hour ago, nemo38 said:

People get sick from the flu. Very old people, and those with co-morbidities, especially so.

How old was the person who went into a coma and what were their pre-existing conditions?

People over a hundred year old recovered from Covid. It isn't the black death. People in Wuhan are back to night clubs.

He was a professional rugby player.

2 hours ago, nemo38 said:

Stay home if you don't feel safe. 

Don't walk under any coconut trees. Don't cross the road. Don't swim in the sea in case of sharks. Life is a risk.

What you're ACTUALLY arguing for is the right to park other people under coconut trees, your right to throw other people into the sea where there may be sharks. 

1 hour ago, Mama Noodle said:

Im married to a thai, perfectly stable financially, and its got nothing to do with "how im affected" because this thread started about the UK, and Ive got no dog in UKs fight, but I feel the same way about them too, lockdowns are against what I am about, fundamentally. 

You really REALLY want to make this personal, and thats a cheap cop-out coming from a weak position. 

Now that we've got that little mess cleared up, you can holler into the void all you want. 

I am fundamentally pro lockdowns to keep things under control. The US messed up and are paying the price. 

If your married to a Thai you can go out and come back. Yes you will have to have your quarantine.

Anyway I am happy the government did the things they did. Its here 10x better then in the US and Europe. 

The lockdown sucked, and because they dont open up we don't need new lockdowns.

The Uk barely managed to contain the first wave. They never got the numbers low enough to begin effective contact tracing and isolation of infected individuals. It appears they have not learned a thing and are still woefully unprepared. It going to be slow burn genocide through the northern winter an not just for the UK.

Edited by Swimfan
6 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

A 1st grader assignment > Spot the difference in the graphs between the initial covid-19 pandemic and the dreadful Second Genocide Wave.

More testing results in finding more infections  but "strangely" the death rate  is flat lined ? perhaps  the people who where most susceptible to the virus (old and/or with other life threatening diseases) have already died,  leaving the remaining population who do indeed catch the virus  but suffer only mild to middling symptoms the hospitals  now know how to much more effectively care for patients but

of course some poor souls will catch it and still die even if they are young fit and healthy.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

A 1st grader assignment > Spot the difference in the graphs between the initial covid-19 pandemic and the dreadful Second Genocide Wave.

image.png.ce5abf38fe61d4a08c07d474fce317f5.png

image.png.69812d01f1fb1cdb8d286a76050d3b93.png

Come back at the end of the northern winter and we will revisit. Its well documented that most of the current end of summer infection are mostly in young people hence the lower death rate. 

7 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

Come back at the end of the northern winter and we will revisit. Its well documented that most of the current end of summer infection are mostly in young people hence the lower death rate. 

There is a "normal"  rise in deaths during the winter. 

It will be "interesting" to see how  much the WuFlu virus

increases the numbers this year and also how they (those reporting the debacle)  separate deaths from WuFlu VS death from the seasonal Flu that claims many thousands every year. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, johng said:

There is a "normal"  rise in deaths during the winter. 

It will be "interesting" to see how  much the WuFlu virus

increases the numbers this year and also how they (those reporting the debacle)  separate deaths from WuFlu VS death from the seasonal Flu that claims many thousands every year. 

On top of that you have the phenomenon that most older people were advised to stay 'safe at home' during spring/summer and did get little sunshine nor opportunity to build resistance during that period.  Not a good start for the winter season and coming excess deaths might well be largely due to the Virus Protection Measures imposed on them... 

• Like 1