COVID 'firepower': Britain imposes six-month curbs against second wave

4 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I think I'm correct in stating that the UK has also carried out the highest number of covid tests in Europe, and also has a very robust system of recording covid stats.

Well, I did state that the UK numbers are not good.

There are no success stories in Europe, but Germany seems to have done a pretty good job compared to others - so far.

The testing system is generating 35% false positive according to the Times The Minister for health Mat Handjob does not deny it. See him being interviewed by Kate Burleigh on Sky News. He's atrocious and not fit to lead a boy scouts first aid box

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All this on a PCR test that is a total HOAX ???   ... show me the sick and the dead ! They are nowhere to be seen because they don't exist ! Just a bunch of meaningless positive test re

Why is it that when I say what I say, you guys immediately jump off the deep end with extremes?    I paid attention to Italy, and I paid attention to NY, and there's nothing wrong with shutt

Being anti-lockdown and anti-shutdown is not anti-covid.    Whats insane is how eager some people are to give up their rights, civil liberties, businesses, and economy over a virus that isnt

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Nout said:

Absolutely false. Its a bordering on atrocities,  house arrest, threats to bring in the army. The absurdity of closing pub at ten.  The Johnson Junta has lost the plot and all pretence of representation of the people. Its dictatorship by edict and arbitrary rules.

Throughout this pandemic life has been about what the individual makes of it. you want to put yourself under house arrest feel free, you want to stop drinking when the pubs close feel free, your choices plenty of flexibility, if one carries a little imagination.....of course if you don't.....sit and moan

On 9/23/2020 at 5:44 PM, nemo38 said:

The Guardian are saying Covid is here to stay. People will start moving away from countries that have a tyrannical virus regime, where they can.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/sep/21/coronavirus-here-to-stay-moonshot

That's why I'm in Thailand. Bulgaria and part of the Balkan look promising maybe Macedonia

3 minutes ago, Nout said:

The testing system is generating 35% false positive according to the Times The Minister for health Mat Handjob does not deny it. See him being interviewed by Kate Burleigh on Sky News. He's atrocious and not fit to lead a boy scouts first aid box

Who really gives damn about testing, you either get the virus and recover or you die. The virus is not going away and only a fool would try and blame politicians for the continuation

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Nout said:

Totally agree. The footie obsession has led to the infantalisation of men and the ruination of pubs in the UK and bars here in Thailand.

Actually the football crowds kept the town centre pubs going for years and still greatly assist the ones that remain

On 9/23/2020 at 8:22 PM, elliss said:

Please inform me .

Are there any other alternatives ..?

Yes local not political non corrupt accountable bodies.

29 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Who really gives damn about testing, you either get the virus and recover or you die. The virus is not going away and only a fool would try and blame politicians for the continuation

I can't argue and never understood what mass testing could possibly achieve. But, it's worse than that. The UK government have mooted daily mass testing at a cost of billions.

Would I be expected to queue up on a daily basis for a C19 test. Are they for real?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, 473geo said:

Nope they attempt to influence, the actual path is not within their control, it is in the control of the individual

Yes, individual's control their actions but there is a difference between control and influence (and I am not being pedantic).

If you are arguing that individuals should take personal responsibility then I agree.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, RayC said:

Yes, individual's control their actions but there is a difference between control and influence (and I am not being pedantic).

If you are arguing that individuals should take personal responsibility then I agree.

Please inform ..

In this world of zero hour working contracts . Americanisation.

Not  forgetting , pandemic panic job losses , more expected , soon .. World wide..

Individuals , No longer have  personal, responsibility options ....

Sure . Enjoy your dream ...

Edited by elliss