anyone had a stent fitted?

bert bloggs

On 10/25/2020 at 4:18 PM, BigStar said:

When's your next appt? Keep us posted; quite a saga. And good luck.

Your point about the old guy with nobody reminds me that a Thai friend met an old farang in a similar condition in a common ward at Sirikit, lying in the bed next to her son's, alone. She and her family spoke to him sometimes. He also soon left Thailand w/o needing to go through Immigration, and it was kinda sad.

Hi 

well here is an update, yesterday went to Chonburi govt heart hospital,for my doctors appointment, as usual all went off smoothly ,one of the nurses had a conversation with my son and wife ,about how we had found out about them as so few falangs go there ,nice nurse ,in fact all the staff i have met there seem nice .

Had my doctors appointment ,he is the heart guy from Sriracha ,he is very pleasant ,but always speaks Thai to my wife and son ,was well pleased with my blood tests ,now only the angiogram next week ,fingers crossed ,

total cost for everything including meds 1360 baht.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Hi 

well here is an update, yesterday went to Chonburi govt heart hospital,for my doctors appointment, as usual all went off smoothly ,one of the nurses had a conversation with my son and wife ,about how we had found out about them as so few falangs go there ,nice nurse ,in fact all the staff i have met there seem nice .

Had my doctors appointment ,he is the heart guy from Sriracha ,he is very pleasant ,but always speaks Thai to my wife and son ,was well pleased with my blood tests ,now only the angiogram next week ,fingers crossed ,

total cost for everything including meds 1360 baht.

Sounds like a good hospital,think i might give it a try

On 9/24/2020 at 4:34 PM, Sheryl said:

The go-to doc for this IMO is in Bangkok. If you are willing to travel:

https://www.bch.in.th/find-doctor/doctor-profile/?smid=4730

Same doc can also be seen at Chula (govt hospital) but of course that takes more time, long waits etc

Thank you for this recommendation.  I have recently been diagnosed with unstable angina / ischemic heart disease and will travel from my home on Ko Samui to BKK for further tests tomorrow.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2020 at 4:18 PM, BigStar said:

When's your next appt? Keep us posted; quite a saga. And good luck.

Your point about the old guy with nobody reminds me that a Thai friend met an old farang in a similar condition in a common ward at Sirikit, lying in the bed next to her son's, alone. She and her family spoke to him sometimes. He also soon left Thailand w/o needing to go through Immigration, and it was kinda sad.

Hi Big Star ,well i have had my angiogram at Chonburi hospital  came out yesterday ,cant believe they keep you two nights ,when i had

it done in the UK i was away in 4 hours ,

anyway the out come is they were unable to stent ,seems my heart is in not bad condition but my arteries are too blocked for stents ,seeing the doc in  just over a week ,either control with meds or by pass .

will give update later ,oh total cost ,with two days stay ,in a very nice ward  this time 23k

• Thanks 1

On 11/29/2020 at 10:45 AM, ivor bigun said:

Hi Big Star ,well i have had my angiogram at Chonburi hospital  came out yesterday ,cant believe they keep you two nights ,when i had

it done in the UK i was away in 4 hours ,

anyway the out come is they were unable to stent ,seems my heart is in not bad condition but my arteries are too blocked for stents ,seeing the doc in  just over a week ,either control with meds or by pass .

will give update later ,oh total cost ,with two days stay ,in a very nice ward  this time 23k

Sounds like they know what they're doing. Your stay wasn't too unpleasant at least. Looking forward to the next update and wish you the best. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/25/2020 at 7:49 PM, lelapin said:

I had 7 stents inserted 3 years ago at Pyathai Hospital, Siracha spread over 2 visits and costing 50k baht each plus all the other costs - around 600k baht in total. Have experienced other serious medical problems since then but so far they seem to be working really well.

that is medicine

as the MD cannot think outside of the box

if your heart arteries are full of plaque, you don't think this might be in other places in your body ?

did you get erectile problems before heart problems ?

2 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

that is medicine

as the MD cannot think outside of the box

if your heart arteries are full of plaque, you don't think this might be in other places in your body ?

did you get erectile problems before heart problems ?

Yes    From prostate cancer 23 years ago

On 11/30/2020 at 1:50 PM, BigStar said:

Sounds like they know what they're doing. Your stay wasn't too unpleasant at least. Looking forward to the next update and wish you the best. 

Well saw the heart surgeon yesterday, very nice young surgeon ,spoke good English ,the long and short of it is although my actual heart is not to bad ,he would not be able to do a by pass ,but would have to pass it to a more qualified doc ,but and its a big but ,it would be 50/50 only on surviving ,so its meds for me ,mind you i was not to keen on having another bypass at my age ,

anyway i am seeing the doctor again there soon about my meds ,at the moment they seem to be working quite well ,

oh i forgot the cost of seeing the surgeon ,we were in with him about 20 minutes 50 baht ,,yes i was surprised to ,so expensive .

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, lelapin said:

Yes    From prostate cancer 23 years ago

the theory is:  if you suffer from ED (also many cases of clogged veins & arteries), your heart might be night

google it:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ED+(also+many+cases+of+clogged+veins+%26+arteries)&rlz=1C1RLNS_enTH684TH684&oq=ED+(also+many+cases+of+clogged+veins+%26+arteries)

You might think that ED (erectile dysfunction) has nothing to do with your heart. But if you have ED, it could be a sign that your arteries are clogged.

It’s all about blood flow. To get and keep an erection, blood needs to have no problem getting to your penis. If you have ED, it can mean that one or more of your blood vessels have narrowed or are blocked.

Plaque in your arteries can make that happen. Doctors call it “atherosclerosis,” which means the hardening of the arteries due to plaque buildup.