Hi, quick Q

Just circumstances that prevent me from going earlier. Plus the flight I am looking at booking is considerably cheaper on October 28th, so if I have to overstay anyway, would benefit me more to make that overstay/pay that fine now.

Want to make sure it will all be okay.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Drew3223 said:

I'm asking if anyone has any, you know, actual experience of what will likely happen.

Wait for the morning Thai time then you'll get some actual useful responses. 

Personally I would extend prior to the deadline and if you have to overstay do it 30 days later when you are about to go to the airport

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Drew3223 said:

Just circumstances that prevent me from going earlier. Plus the flight I am looking at booking is considerably cheaper on October 28th, so if I have to overstay anyway, would benefit me more to make that overstay/pay that fine now.

I would not book flights that far ahead in these uncertain times, they are more prone to cancellation. Had a few cancellations back in March. Refund is a real hassle and took a long time. FlyingThai is right. Makes more sense to risk overstaying after your 30 day extension. I'm not sure if you are even eligible to apply for an extension if you overstay.

I got my consideration stamp today til the 20th of October. Will need to come back on 20th to change it to 26th. The process was not as bad as I thought. Officers were nice and helpful there.

Book your appointment asap here: http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

Choose: apply for short term visa - counter K

bring all necessary documents and 1900 baht beforehand and you'll be good to go. 

7 hours ago, Drew3223 said:

Unless caught before you apply for the extension on Tuesday it will just be a 2 day overstay fine.

If you went on Monday the 28th you would not pay a fine for the overstay since it is the first day immigration will be open.

You could go this week and get the extension and then either pay a fine when you leave the country or apply for a another extension to get 7 days to leave the country after you pay the 1900 baht.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, donpo said:

I got my consideration stamp today til the 20th of October. Will need to come back on 20th to change it to 26th. The process was not as bad as I thought. Officers were nice and helpful there.

Book your appointment asap here: http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

Choose: apply for short term visa - counter K

bring all necessary documents and 1900 baht beforehand and you'll be good to go. 

this applies only for those residing in bkk right ?

8 hours ago, Drew3223 said:

If you fly out on October 28th, you will overstay after your extension ends AGAIN, as they will backdate your extension to start on September 27th if you go to get it later.

4 minutes ago, Caldera said:

If you fly out on October 28th, you will overstay after your extension ends AGAIN, as they will backdate your extension to start on September 27th if you go to get it later.

They do not always do it that way. They will often start it from the day you apply after you pay the overstay fine.

Going on the 29ty will be nuts. The Immigration Offices are likely to be overwhelmed with people like you. The staff will likely be impatient. Most offices are operating on Saturday. I strongly recommend that you go before the 26th. It has been stated again and again that is the final date. On the 29th if you get an impatient Immigration officer you might not get your extension. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, userabcd said:

Why don't you call immigration help line and ask them directly?

Edited 19 hours ago by userabcd

You can try emailing Immigration Office... i emailed Udon Thani awhile back and they replied within an hour.