Thai immigration reminds foreigners: Time is running out to renew your visas

webfact

34 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Not right please read again:

"Entry to Malaysia for British nationals is prohibited. Some exemptions may apply, including: British nationals with permanent resident status, resident pass, My Second Home Programme (MM2H) pass, expatriates of all categories, including professional visit passes as well as dependants pass, spouse to Malaysian nationals (spouse visa) and students and temporary employment passes."

Malaysia entry requirements

I should have said 23 countries...On August 28 2020, the Prime Minister announced an extension of the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) which will now be in effect through December 31, 2020.

As of September 7, 2020, foreign nationals from 23 countries are prohibited from entering Malaysia.  According to information provided by the Malaysian government, this restriction is applicable to [all passport holders from these countries] (regardless of the country the citizen arrives from), including “individuals with permanent resident status, resident pass, My Second Home Program (MM2H) pass, expatriates of all categories including professional visit as well as dependent pass, spouses to Malaysian nationals (spouse visa), students and temporary employment pass.”

https://www.osac.gov/Content/Report/ac5bc288-5c6f-4e7f-808a-1996a414ebf6#:~:text=On August 28 2020%2C the,are prohibited from entering Malaysia.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, hottrader77 said:

I PAID 25,000 BAHT FOR 15 MONTHS retirement visa now im thinking why did i bother i was rushed into it i could have just got the special 3 month visa for 2000 baht , immigration scammers 

I only pay 1,900 baht for my extension of stay for one year, every year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it is pretty obvious with the difficulty of booking flights that come October the 1st there will be thousands of foreigners on overstay. Immigration can have a nice arrest spree, targeting one nationality a day and loading them on a repatriation flight they have pre-booked! Wonderful photo opportunity!

Only have limited sympathy for the 'tourists' on amnesty. By the second one in July the writing was on the wall and they had 2 months to find a flight - not that difficult to most destinations. Obviously some people who would have normally got extensions have genuinely been caught in a trap, but most just chanced it. I did my 90 day reports as per normal, not an issue.

4 minutes ago, rickudon said:

I think it is pretty obvious with the difficulty of booking flights that come October the 1st there will be thousands of foreigners on overstay. Immigration can have a nice arrest spree, targeting one nationality a day and loading them on a repatriation flight they have pre-booked! Wonderful photo opportunity!

There is no difficulty booking outbound flights. and never has been, you just have to make some effort rather than enjoying your free extension.

I know many people who have left, to all parts of the world in the last 4 months

17 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Because it's still pretty much the same (with the added bonus of virtually no Covid cases).

lol

14 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Not boat...plane...over 20 years ago.

And yet in all that time you haven't come to the conclusion that all important face could affect something like the appearance of COVID-19 in the country? Never mind.

• Like 1

If you look at the Australian Embassy facebook page you will see that when the Embassy was organising repatriation flights a few months ago they could not fill the planes as all the Aussies didn't want to leave.

Fast forward a few months and Australian Government imposes limits on how many people can enter Australia in a day and impose passenger number restrictions per flight and all of a sudden every Australian wants to go home.

I am Australian and i have watched this fiasco unfold and i believe that any Australian caught out by the ending of amnesty deserves it, they had their chance.

How many other people have done the same, just thought "I aint going home yet, they will extend the amnesty" and now have been caught out ?

Well bad luck guys, You had enough warning.

Moose

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Not right please read again:

"Entry to Malaysia for British nationals is prohibited. Some exemptions may apply, including: British nationals with permanent resident status, resident pass, My Second Home Programme (MM2H) pass, expatriates of all categories, including professional visit passes as well as dependants pass, spouse to Malaysian nationals (spouse visa) and students and temporary employment passes."

Malaysia entry requirements

Thanks for that...... I'm on a Malaysian contract at the moment and the vessel will be going back to Malaysia.......  Professional visit ?     

15 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

1990-2000   Dragged on limping to 2010...... After that destroyed by the exchange rate and Prayut......  72 bht to the pound...... marvelous.....  

I missed most of that decade...my first trip to Thailand was around 1997...and moved permanently in 1999. The years 1999-2005 were the best for me and through to the 2008 financial crash weren't bad. Since then the whole world has been topsy-turvy but overall not affected my retirement in Thailand much. No place stays the same and I'm still quite happy in Thailand...especially during these Covid times.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Thanks for that...... I'm on a Malaysian contract at the moment and the vessel will be going back to Malaysia.......  Professional visit ?     

The key word being "may," and I have read that they are not making any exceptions unless one is a VIP of some sort, and have a direct invitation from a government minister for the visit.

8 hours ago, rickudon said:

Only have limited sympathy for the 'tourists' on amnesty. By the second one in July the writing was on the wall and they had 2 months to find a flight - not that difficult to most destinations. Obviously some people who would have normally got extensions have genuinely been caught in a trap, but most just chanced it. I did my 90 day reports as per normal, not an issue.

the goal is to stay not to leave!!

1 hour ago, SupermarineS6B said:

So you missed the best years then ?    

Been here 2009 to today.

Can't imagine any years being better than my last 11-12.

I couldn't physically manage any more girls/booze/drugs ...... it'd kill me.

I'm out in the jungle and waterfalls as often as I can, 2x a week.

Happy enough with the house and motorcycle I have.

Internet speed 1000mbs, Tv 65"  biggest I've ever owned.

Immigration extension last Friday, easiest and quickest I've ever had.

Off cycling now for a quick 10Km, weather's perfect.

Better in what way?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 3:00 AM, Adelphi said:

Utterly ridiculous how they have posed for this photograph.  Although it says everything about how they view foreigners who are almost never violent even if they have overstayed.  They really are determined to make it clear that foreigners are the enemy.  Welcome to Amazing Thailand.  Over 30 years ago we used to refer to it as the land of smiles - what a joke that is now.

OMG The Thai government give you an extra 6 months and you repay it with complaints. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

So, its D-Day. Anybody happen to know how many will be on overstay tomorrow? Thousands?

Today's "Good Guys" are tomorrow's "Bad Guys" compliments of the fickle winds of fortune and a nationalistic state with a pathological fear and hatred of all things foreign.

"You. Dirty foreigners.  You all national security risk.  Get out now!"
Signed,
Somchai Trump

• Haha 2

Waiting now for a call from an IO at Samutprakan. Complained last time about having travelled four times and no result.

Had my application in since August.

Bottleneck at Chang Wattana according to the IO at Samut Prakan. "Get your papers in order", but they don't  provide the manpower to accomplish that.

At least the IO said no worries on the deadline since the paperwork was submitted on time. Hope he's  right.

• Thanks 1

I think most of people who would want return they could make some kind of a deal with their embassy, i am sure of that my friend was in similar situation and they actually managed to make agreement for monthly installments for airplane ticket to return home, so yes foreigner on short term visas had plenty of time to organise with their embassies returning to home country thats why in the first place embassies will not give more than 1 letter for 1 extension, everybody who want go back can go back. Excuses like i dont want go back my country because of too many covid cases and there is no flights is lame excuse for those who cannot make longterm visas, so now half of pwople here are blaming thai government for not give another amnesty just abusing the system.

1 hour ago, NB1986 said:

I think most of people who would want return they could make some kind of a deal with their embassy, i am sure of that my friend was in similar situation and they actually managed to make agreement for monthly installments for airplane ticket to return home, so yes foreigner on short term visas had plenty of time to organise with their embassies returning to home country thats why in the first place embassies will not give more than 1 letter for 1 extension, everybody who want go back can go back. Excuses like i dont want go back my country because of too many covid cases and there is no flights is lame excuse for those who cannot make longterm visas, so now half of pwople here are blaming thai government for not give another amnesty just abusing the system.

I think all embassies offer travel assistance to their citizens. Normally it in the form of a loan for a plane ticket. If someone is on an overstay that person is responsible to get the overstay cleared up not the embassy. The embassy then holds the passport until the loan is repaid. If your a US citizen it's on the website. 

22 minutes ago, anto said:

There is word on the street that they have extended the Amnesty again at the last minute till the 31 October ? 

Breaking News > Amnesty extended till 31st October.

https://bangkokherald.com/thailand/thailand-visa-amnesty-gets-last-minute-extension-to-oct-31-sources/

Official announcement expected Monday.