Thai immigration reminds foreigners: Time is running out to renew your visas

On 9/23/2020 at 3:00 AM, Adelphi said:

Utterly ridiculous how they have posed for this photograph.  Although it says everything about how they view foreigners who are almost never violent even if they have overstayed.  They really are determined to make it clear that foreigners are the enemy.  Welcome to Amazing Thailand.  Over 30 years ago we used to refer to it as the land of smiles - what a joke that is now.

OMG The Thai government give you an extra 6 months and you repay it with complaints. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Utterly ridiculous how they have posed for this photograph.  Although it says everything about how they view foreigners who are almost never violent even if they have overstayed.  They really are dete

The message is clear.   You overstay one day, we come, find you, shoot you.   See the first pic.

Why are some complaining that the IO is telling people to make sure they have the correct visa. The free visa period will cease .....    it's not rocket science  !!

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

So, its D-Day. Anybody happen to know how many will be on overstay tomorrow? Thousands?

Today's "Good Guys" are tomorrow's "Bad Guys" compliments of the fickle winds of fortune and a nationalistic state with a pathological fear and hatred of all things foreign.

"You. Dirty foreigners.  You all national security risk.  Get out now!"
Signed,
Somchai Trump

• Haha 2

Waiting now for a call from an IO at Samutprakan. Complained last time about having travelled four times and no result.

Had my application in since August.

Bottleneck at Chang Wattana according to the IO at Samut Prakan. "Get your papers in order", but they don't  provide the manpower to accomplish that.

At least the IO said no worries on the deadline since the paperwork was submitted on time. Hope he's  right.

• Thanks 1

I think most of people who would want return they could make some kind of a deal with their embassy, i am sure of that my friend was in similar situation and they actually managed to make agreement for monthly installments for airplane ticket to return home, so yes foreigner on short term visas had plenty of time to organise with their embassies returning to home country thats why in the first place embassies will not give more than 1 letter for 1 extension, everybody who want go back can go back. Excuses like i dont want go back my country because of too many covid cases and there is no flights is lame excuse for those who cannot make longterm visas, so now half of pwople here are blaming thai government for not give another amnesty just abusing the system.

5 hours ago, DrTuner said:

So, its D-Day. Anybody happen to know how many will be on overstay tomorrow? Thousands?

None. Since the 26th falls on a Saturday, you can still apply for extensions on Monday.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, NB1986 said:

I think most of people who would want return they could make some kind of a deal with their embassy, i am sure of that my friend was in similar situation and they actually managed to make agreement for monthly installments for airplane ticket to return home, so yes foreigner on short term visas had plenty of time to organise with their embassies returning to home country thats why in the first place embassies will not give more than 1 letter for 1 extension, everybody who want go back can go back. Excuses like i dont want go back my country because of too many covid cases and there is no flights is lame excuse for those who cannot make longterm visas, so now half of pwople here are blaming thai government for not give another amnesty just abusing the system.

I think all embassies offer travel assistance to their citizens. Normally it in the form of a loan for a plane ticket. If someone is on an overstay that person is responsible to get the overstay cleared up not the embassy. The embassy then holds the passport until the loan is repaid. If your a US citizen it's on the website. 

There is word on the street that they have extended the Amnesty again at the last minute till the 31 October ? 

Edited by anto
22 minutes ago, anto said:

There is word on the street that they have extended the Amnesty again at the last minute till the 31 October ? 

Breaking News > Amnesty extended till 31st October.

https://bangkokherald.com/thailand/thailand-visa-amnesty-gets-last-minute-extension-to-oct-31-sources/

Official announcement expected Monday.