Thai immigration reminds foreigners: Time is running out to renew your visas

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Utterly ridiculous how they have posed for this photograph.  Although it says everything about how they view foreigners who are almost never violent even if they have overstayed.  They really are dete

The message is clear.   You overstay one day, we come, find you, shoot you.   See the first pic.

Why are some complaining that the IO is telling people to make sure they have the correct visa. The free visa period will cease .....    it's not rocket science  !!

Posted Images

I wonder if countries around the world who have Thais on an amnesty will  

now treat them in the same way as Thailand is doing towards the foreigners stuck here in the Kingdom

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Adelphi said:

Utterly ridiculous how they have posed for this photograph.  Although it says everything about how they view foreigners who are almost never violent even if they have overstayed.  They really are determined to make it clear that foreigners are the enemy.  Welcome to Amazing Thailand.  Over 30 years ago we used to refer to it as the land of smiles - what a joke that is now.

First went to thailand. 1978.   , Visa was easy. ,exchange rate good. ,  nice place to be , now i wonder why people wish to go there or even stay there , and today to get in like trying to jump  through ring fire ,is called Fire wall today 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, watso63 said:

6 months sitting on their hands despite being given plenty of warning about what will happen post amnesty. Those taking advantage of the situation that never obtained further permission to stay are now crying like babies blaming Immigration for following the law of the land. One group I do have sympathy for however are those that have businesses here finding themselves in a virtually impossible situation, on the verge of losing everything and facing deportation to boot.

Does it help businesses if foreigners are forced to leave?

Does it help thailand in any way?

I understand that the law is the law.  Someone from above should extend the amnesty. It benefits thailand 100%

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I wonder if countries around the world who have Thais on an amnesty will  

now treat them in the same way as Thailand is doing towards the foreigners stuck here in the Kingdom

I think any country would have very similar consequences for tourists  that overstay their visas.

Again, 6 months has been an ample amount of time for people to get their affairs in order. 

I've yet to hear a logical argument that proves otherwise...

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, Adelphi said:

Utterly ridiculous how they have posed for this photograph.  Although it says everything about how they view foreigners who are almost never violent even if they have overstayed.  They really are determined to make it clear that foreigners are the enemy.  Welcome to Amazing Thailand.  Over 30 years ago we used to refer to it as the land of smiles - what a joke that is now.

I doubt the “they” who chose which photos to use for this news item were from immigration. Just stock photos from the news source’s files.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Adelphi said:

Looks like the black and white minstrel show....lol

Edited by Pikasso