Thai immigration reminds foreigners: Time is running out to renew your visas

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Utterly ridiculous how they have posed for this photograph.  Although it says everything about how they view foreigners who are almost never violent even if they have overstayed.  They really are dete

The message is clear.   You overstay one day, we come, find you, shoot you.   See the first pic.

Why are some complaining that the IO is telling people to make sure they have the correct visa. The free visa period will cease .....    it's not rocket science  !!

Posted Images

16 hours ago, steven100 said:

Why are some complaining that the IO is telling people to make sure they have the correct visa.

The free visa period will cease .....    it's not rocket science  !!

...it is throughout the whinging Farang circles, whom consider themselves terribly special.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Do you think Thailand has the money to support tourists with such free handouts like you've suggested? Wouldn't that money be better spent on the locals who are currently struggling to makes ends meat? 

these tourists have already had 6 months free in the country with these extensions. In my opinion Thailand has been more than generous. 

Thailand has been less generous than most other countries in South or Southeast Asia. I'm tired of naming them for those people you are not very well informed.

• Confused 2

Was at immigration today, was one SSF receipt short of renewing a Non-B, I asked what to do because I don't have enough time, immigration officer said not to worry just stay and check the immigration website in a few days for an extension. BUT I have a letter saying I cant go home and a Work Permit...If this helps anyone.

The immigration experience was so terrible and they are extreamly rude when they did extend it, it tooks two days over my visa expiry as I was in hospital after being very sick and in intensive care for a week.  Sitting in the car park was so distressing to me.... they refused the fact it was there fault and being a complete failure and charged me overstay, even with my proof.. I decided after all these years I was not prepared to be treated in this way again by immigration ... Additionally why such a threatening picture? Thailand has left a very sour taste to me and when people ask me should they visit I will tell them to avoid it like the plague and go to Boracay, Philippines... its got real bad there now... my Thai family will follow in due course... they are wanting out of there own country now, says it all...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, Adelphi said:

Utterly ridiculous how they have posed for this photograph.  Although it says everything about how they view foreigners who are almost never violent even if they have overstayed.  They really are determined to make it clear that foreigners are the enemy.  Welcome to Amazing Thailand.  Over 30 years ago we used to refer to it as the land of smiles - what a joke that is now.

It’s going too be a ghost town ,

no common sense what so ever ,ok low COVID 19;

but no money no honey

Thailand, Land of Smiles,  but what is behind the smile, that is the question.

It is the same all over the world actually.  Good luck to the procrastinators,

your time is up.  Get busy orgo home, simple solution. Whinning and crying now

is too late. Get your paper work done or over stay and see how that works for

you.

Geezer

• Like 1
22 hours ago, watso63 said:

6 months sitting on their hands despite being given plenty of warning about what will happen post amnesty. Those taking advantage of the situation that never obtained further permission to stay are now crying like babies blaming Immigration for following the law of the land. One group I do have sympathy for however are those that have businesses here finding themselves in a virtually impossible situation, on the verge of losing everything and facing deportation to boot.

I PAID 25,000 BAHT FOR 15 MONTHS retirement visa now im thinking why did i bother i was rushed into it i could have just got the special 3 month visa for 2000 baht , immigration scammers 

• Confused 1
7 hours ago, mrmrmred said:

The immigration experience was so terrible and they are extreamly rude when they did extend it, it tooks two days over my visa expiry as I was in hospital after being very sick and in intensive care for a week.  Sitting in the car park was so distressing to me.... they refused the fact it was there fault and being a complete failure and charged me overstay, even with my proof.. I decided after all these years I was not prepared to be treated in this way again by immigration ... Additionally why such a threatening picture? Thailand has left a very sour taste to me and when people ask me should they visit I will tell them to avoid it like the plague and go to Boracay, Philippines... its got real bad there now... my Thai family will follow in due course... they are wanting out of there own country now, says it all...

ok bye. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
7 hours ago, mrmrmred said:

I decided after all these years I was not prepared to be treated in this way again by immigration

Fair enough. 

We all have our specific limits of what we are preprare to endure;

and then act accordingly.