Prime Minister sued by former immigration chief 'Big Joke' over transfer to PM’s Office

webfact

59 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Being more authentic and intelligent wouldn't be all that hard, personally I think he is streets ahead and the right sort of guy to stick to the current pretend politicians keeping the seats warm. 

That was supposed to read "... stick it to..." 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Prime Minister sued by former immigration chief over transfer to PM’s Office

????????????

It is impossible to run without extending your arm in the direction you are running....  

It will be nice to find out what was behind the transfer, and what is behind the sueing....

16 hours ago, steven100 said:

I doubt anything will come out of it. Khun Prayut will have all his ducks in a row on this.

I finally agree with you...............I have always learned..............If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, big chance it is a duck.

Thanks for confirming my observations

• Haha 1

why do you think he was removed before ?   because he was an embarrassment to the government.

What do you think Khun Prayut will do about him now that this has happened .....

Nothing ...  !!    he will sit and wait and defend as he does and when he knows it time to react ... he will and I wouldn't like to be Big Joke then ....     imo

you can comment this and that about Khun Prayut Chan O Cha all you like with your vile comments and interpretations .....   but lets see who has the last laugh .  imo 

1231939408_KhunPrayut4.PNG.49ae28652c6c69d56a71c53523d39987.PNG

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, globerunner4 said:

On a side note, can someone recommend a good read to bring me up to speed on the current/past political situation here in Thailand? I'm aware of the big picture but not the nuances. Thanks

Animal Farm.

By George Orwell.

(All the characters and nuances are in his book, but the Thai version started back in 1932)

• Haha 2

On 9/23/2020 at 8:50 AM, steven100 said:

I doubt anything will come out of it. Khun Prayut will have all his ducks in a row on this.

Well, the air- conditioning installed on  Big Jokes BMW was not enough to put him off.

Best of Luck to him, I hope he gets something out of it. Looking into the cauldron, I see toil and trouble, under reported protests , the plot is thickening, someone may be polishing their shoes at the military camp to step in with a new coup, then the PM can join Big Joke down south and relax on the beautiful empty beaches.  

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

he's got zero support which will only bury him deeper ... imo 

Blimey Steven, I reckon you are due for an unpleasant awakening sooner rather than later...

Prayut is being lined up for a fall, hopefully for you LoS can find another dim, vain buffoon to keep the status quo and earn your unswerving love!

Actually I am certain they will same as they always do, probably an uneducated, egotistical testicle much like the last few military hard men

Unfortunately I don't think they will find a leader to bring the country out of serfdom, that has already been predetermined but you never know, I live in hope...

Edited by mark131v
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Well, the air- conditioning installed on  Big Jokes BMW was not enough to put him off.

Best of Luck to him, I hope he gets something out of it. Looking into the cauldron, I see toil and trouble, under reported protests , the plot is thickening, someone may be polishing their shoes at the military camp to step in with a new coup, then the PM can join Big Joke down south and relax on the beautiful empty beaches.  

Twas a Lexus :burp: Tho I'd recall BJ commissioned them "Sa-mart" BMW's... 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Poet said:

Thank you for your attempts to cleanse the Thaivisa forum of any actual discussion or debate.

I cannot imagine what sort of twisted process an expat must go through in order to end up believing that people he disagrees with deserve to be deported. Clearly, however, having me deported would be easier for you than countering my facts with any sort of argument.

I would, however, point out that, as your post mentions moderation, it is in flagrant contravention of forum rules and should be deleted.

Interesting reply. what facts?..you have not supplied factual proof of the suggestion of anything, only conjecture in your post...and I implied that by inferring that people who have the power to remove permission to stay in Thailand  of any action that is not ethical could lead to the closing of Thaivisa and cancelling of visa. I am all for open discussion of any topic , but this is Thailand and one must live and speak within the constraints of the society we reside in and keep your 'FACTS' to yourself unless the Thai authorities actually broach the subject in public themselves. Just because big jerk has filed suit against the government for infractions of labour laws does not justify unconfirmed allegations against some very powerful people.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/23/2020 at 11:40 AM, Huckenfell said:

Too much money  involved there.

On 9/23/2020 at 6:01 AM, alfalfa19 said:

the Big Joke had a chance to bring some justice to Ko Tao ,  and chose not to do it. 

Big Joke was not the person appointed by Prayut to oversee the Koh Tao murder investigation and subsequent absolution of the Headman's son.

Prayut appointed the infamous Somyot Poomponmoung to ensure the desired result was achieved, at the cost of the Burmese 2.

It's assumed a lot of money went to Somyot because SET records show he bought shares amounting to hundreds of millions of baht shortly after the Koh Tao headman's son was absolved of any participation in the murders.

On 9/22/2020 at 4:00 PM, scubascuba3 said:

BJ should stand for the opposition, a well known figure, would be a threat

BJ is well known in the tourist sphere, but with the Thai people I am not so sure he is well known.

Edited by cheapcanuck
Correct mistake

On 9/23/2020 at 3:37 AM, webfact said:

Moreover, he said that the Prime Minister ordered Surachet’s transfer without an investigation by the National Anti-Corruption Commission, the Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission or the Office of the Auditor-General.

smells fishy.... but big joke should know better as he worked for an authoritarian government

https://www.britannica.com/topic/authoritarianism

In government, authoritarianism denotes any political system that concentrates power in the hands of a leader or a small elite that is not constitutionally responsible to the body of the people. Authoritarian leaders often exercise power arbitrarily and without regard to existing bodies of law, and they usually cannot be replaced by citizens choosing freely among various competitors in elections.