Phuket Immigration handing out ‘conditional’ 14 day visas, pending investigations

webfact

Why not keep everything as it was, just some proof of money in the bank, get 1 more month Covid extention as long this Covid nonsense takes place, keep those 150000 Covid free tourists here, they spend money anyway, hotel, food etc...less work for them and no hassle. Everybody happy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flyfrog said:

Why not keep everything as it was, just some proof of money in the bank, get 1 more month Covid extention as long this Covid nonsense takes place, keep those 150000 Covid free tourists here, they spend money anyway, hotel, food etc...less work for them and no hassle. Everybody happy

Stop being logical, that doesn't seem to work here unfortunately ????

14 minutes ago, TERMINATOR3AB said:

Please   wake up   this  whole Visa  things has become a huge money making  exercise  by Thai  Gov

No tourists  so  they  will now do all they can to rip you off of  every baht you have 

Those  Generals   need to  continue  those high incomes  as do the  Ministers  in Gov.

Use your  brains  get  out of Thailand  go  live  in another  Asian  freindly   country  find a happy life again 

Take your Thai  wife with  you and your kids  you will never look  back

Friends  moved to Cambodia  just  before the Virus

Say  now  does not  know why he went to Thailand  loves  Cambodia  many speak  English cheap  living  and freindly loving  people 

Long Stay a breeze and cheap .....Do the  right  thing  Cambodia  will look after you

Good luck Thailand 

doesn't cambodia want a $3000 deposit just to enter the country?

thats a funny way of looking after you.

1 hour ago, Andromedova said:

I don't understand, why don't you boycott Thailand? There are countries much more tourist friendly, as Vietnam for example, not spoiled by tourists yet.

If you live in a country for more than 20 years, you learned the language (read and write), you got friends here and you household has been growing during that period, you are not immediately willing to move to a country and start all over again. I for example tried to learn Vietnamese almost 50 years ago, and although the read/write is quite easy, the rest is not. And the knowledge of the language should always be the base for starting your life. (Maybe I am old-fashioned?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And once again, what are our Embassy doing about this? They should be insisting that the rules are followed as published and that by ALLOWING individual IO's to set individual and additional requirements is just causing unnecessary stress and chaos.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Pure BS ! most offices start extension from the day you apply, not 27 !

And why Thaivisa doesn't publish a list of office where they start extension from 27 ? No reason to help people who give you a living by posting on this forum, right ?

image-2.jpg

19 minutes ago, samtab said:

And why Thaivisa doesn't publish a list of office where they start extension from 27 ? No reason to help people who give you a living by posting on this forum, right ?

From what I've read here some people got a 14 day extension starting from that same day for consideration if they will be granted an extension according to the amnesty rules. So it might well be that they will get another extension on or after 27th if approved.

4 hours ago, samtab said:

image-2.jpg

Kap Choeng Immigration today for 60 Day extension (ME Non-O) =23rd September to 25th November 2020 stamped. I make that correct (60 days) if both dates are inclusive. I've seen reports on here of 22nd/26th/27th November. Those extension dates don't seem correct and could potentially leave one open to overstay penalties. As I painfully learned a good few years ago; when the IO officer stamps a mistaken date it is up to the passport holder to have it rectified!   On a reporting side note Kap Choeng Immigration said NO 2nd 60 day extensions allowed and I couldn't ask for a  30 days extension with Embassy letter as you are only allowed one extension per Visa. They told me to go to Savannakhet and get another ME Non-O. When I asked her how, as the borders are closed and does she know of any future border openings/ flights even, she just shrugged her shoulders and walked off. Not in any way helpful. Oh, and extra paperwork requests... My two childrens original birth certificates weren't enough, they also wanted the kids blue Tabian Baan's (These were not requested when the visa was originally issued, but they requested it for todays extension.) I pointed this fact out as politely and as simply as I could and 1 hour and 1900 baht later, they relented and returned my stamped passport.

Edited by rbkk

Hey Prayut, get your Thai immigration to all be on the same page.  Corrupt Phuket

with their 2 week scheme stinks,  shame on you big PM, do your job

and fix this issue.  Oops, forgot that I am on this forum and the Thai government

never reads it, silly me

Rant  over,  more coffee, it only noon where I live.

Geezer

19 hours ago, JusticeGB said:

I have seen people yelling at Immigration officers because they want something that can't be given. They forget that Thai people have memories like elephants. Those same people will have difficulties years later when going to Immigration. Being polite and respectful gets you a long way. I often get bad migraine attacks in Pattaya Immigration and the staff take my passport from me and do my 90 day report for me because they know that I have difficulty walking to and from the counter they provide me with a chair to sit on by the entrance to Immigration. 

Do you get the Migraine attacks because you Have to be nice or is it a Health conditioning ? ????

5 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Hey Prayut, get your Thai immigration to all be on the same page.  Corrupt Phuket

with their 2 week scheme stinks,  shame on you big PM, do your job

and fix this issue.  Oops, forgot that I am on this forum and the Thai government

never reads it, silly me

Rant  over,  more coffee, it only noon where I live.

Geezer

It's not a scheme by Phuket immigration. It's just that they don't even have the authority to issue the 30+ extensions and have to forward them up a level to Hat Yai. What they stamp in the passport is just a "here are 2 weeks for you for now until we know the result of your application".

Lt Col Udom said that Phuket Immigration is not empowered to issue any extensions to permits-to-stay at this time. Instead, applications must be forwarded to the Immigration Bureau regional headquarters in Hat Yai, Songkhla province.

So can't really blame Phuket Immigration for that as their hands seem bound. We have seen the same reports from some other provinces btw.

13 hours ago, TERMINATOR3AB said:

Sorry   look again $30   a visa  for  4 weeks  to enter  Cambodia

1  year  stay  $400   extension  f

$3000 ??  where you get that from  google it  if you are in doubt

1st, you cant get INTO Cambodia now as NO tourist visas, ONLY those that had wp, family are allowed in AND YES ITS a $2,000 deposit to cover ur first 2 nights stay in a hotel and covid tests.The rest is refunded.

IF it goes back to normal,  yes Camboida visa situation is easier, initial Ordinary visa $35, than ($300 for a 1 year extension if ur over 55 or working)
BUT its NOT cheaper to live there and much of what we take for granted here in Thailand is not available in Cambodia or if it is its more$$$$

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, hansgruber said:

It pains me to see the amount of people totally unprepared. That's the reason its mayhem down there. Why on Earth do people subject themselves to the photocopy lady. She is slow and the lines are long. 

Get your copies sorted before you arrive. All the information and forms are available online to download. 

Get a place in the line with QueQ app and it's simple. They can't make it any easier for you. 

But I think you're right, people were banking on more amnesty and failed. 

Unfortunately sometimes it isn't that easy.

Yes, I downloaded the forms online and read all information pertaining to what was required and made 2 copies of everything.

Upon arrival at the IO, was told both forms were incorrect and was handed new updated forms to fill out. I studied the new forms and couldn't find any difference from the ones I'd downloaded and already completed. 

Then I was told they needed 4 copies of one particular doc. I looked at the list of docs required pinned to her desk window and it was the same as the online list, 2 copies. I decided not to argue and just go to the copier.

Upon returning I was then asked to provide a doc that was not on their requirement list. Luckily I had a copy on my phone and went next door to pay an additional 100 baht for 2 copies.

So it really doesn't matter how prepared you are, if you aren't paying a bribe through an agent then they will just send you round in circles to remind you that using an agent is what they desire! 

20 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

Right. What would they expect? They had about 6 months to either sort out their permit to stay here, or find a way to go back home or any other place that would accept them. However, with all the warnings, they have decided to wait till the very last moment to do something about it. 

So many people putting it off to the last minute causing immigration officers to be overwhelmed with work, some in terrible conditions (as the car park with not even fans was described) and they still expect those officers to be all smiling and welcoming. Next we'll hear complaints that coffee/ tea wasn't served, nor a complimentary foot massage

I'd critize both sides, foreigners and immigration, and also some embassies.

Foreigners for not getting their extensions in order before or leaving the country.

Immigration for being not clear and famous for last minute changes or decisions.

Embassies for no clear rules of issuing letter or often change about the scope or requirements.

I just can speak for German Embassy, after regular flight services to Germany resuming, they made a statement not to offer extension letters. Last week they changed their mind and now issuing among other reasons, letter to persons with Non-B or Non-O visa.