Thai honesty: Second time lucky for forgetful Aussie - 44K returned by trolley pusher

webfact

Thai honesty: Second time lucky for forgetful Aussie - 44K returned by trolley pusher

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A member of the trolley collection staff at the Tesco Lotus in Chumphon in southern Thailand contacted the desk after he found a cloth bag containing a wallet in the parking lot. 

It was found to contain 44,000 baht. A store announcement failed to locate the owner who according to documents in the wallet was 68 year old Colin Cotterill from Australia. 

A Line message was sent out on the "Chumphon Wan Nee" (Chumphon today) group. 

Soon an anxious looking Mr Cotterill came into the store.

3pm1.jpg

After being reunited with his money - that was all there - he thanked Somchai Phalasakun, 58, who found it and gave him a reward.

Mr Cotterill, who was visiting the area, said that he had once lost 60,000 baht and he never got that back so he was very happy to get his money back this time.

news_cWojeYSibg125448_533.jpg

Somchai said he recognised the owner as a frequent visitor to the store but didn't know where he was staying. 

He was pictured pointing at the place in the parking lot where he made the discovery. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-23

There's a desk near the ATM machines at the entrance to Tops Supermarket in Soi Khao Noi, Pattaya which regularly has numbers of cards on it that have been left in machines. There's a Security Guard that looks after them until they are reunited with their forgetful owners.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr Cotterill, who was visiting the area, said that he had once lost 60,000 baht and he never got that back so he was very happy to get his money back this time.

With respect Mr Cotterill needs to get his act together a bit more, it's no good going out with a wallet full of cash but leaving your brains at home.

• Like 2

Forgot to take my card from an ATM not so long back (was in a rush) and Thai guy standing in line behind me took it, raced into Lotus and returned it to to me very politely. 

Restored my faith..

PS. That was a very old ATM machine which didn't have any aural beeps to remind you to take your card, or cash.

My fault I know....but..

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Well Mr. Cotteral  is another lucky old guy with the old guy memory.

Some posters on here are young, or too insensative or even both.

We all try our best, when we are forgetful, even our spouses sometimes

forgive us for getting old. 

Geezer

My Mrs thinks my forgetfulness started many many birthdays (hers) ago.

• 2 weeks later...