I've missed my 90 day reporting

I had my visa extended for 1 year back in June 2020 on the basis of retirement, prior to which I hadn't done my 90 day report as it wasn't necessary doe to Covid. Unfortunately I didn't realise that things had changed and I didn't report on the due date of 30 August. What should I do now?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

You don't have to do a 90 day report until 26th September, so currently there will be no fine.

Chiang Mai immigration even wrote on their Facebook page that people have until 5th October without incurring a fine (this might of course be handled different in other offices)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, 90 day reports not required during amnesty. You can do it anytime prior to Sept 27. 

Problem is if you deal with crowded offices.

If so you could easily go say Monday 28. Cannot imagine that there would be a fine.

It appears 90 day reports were indeed due and now anyone that missed one must appear in person to obtain a covid stamp to justify having not done so.  There is almost no queue and appointment is not required in Bangkok at MTT but expect it will be a madhouse elsewhere where all things are done in one location.  Might want to wait a couple weeks in that case.

11 minutes ago, delgarcon said:

Thanks lopburi, I think I'll phone Samui Immigration to see how busy they are.

The issue is everyone is trying to get a 30 day extension before Saturday so most places will be standing room only if not done is a separate location.

Today's not so subtle reminder that extensions due.

10pm1.jpg

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Chiang Mai immigration even wrote on their Facebook page that people have until 5th October without incurring a fine (this might of course be handled different in other offices)

Didn't find it on their site, can you provide a specific link?

1 hour ago, XGM said:

Didn't find it on their site, can you provide a specific link?

Somehow the direct link to the post isn't working

This is their Facebook: https://facebook.com/ตรวจคนเข้าเมืองจังหวัดเชียงใหม่-Chiang-Mai-Immigration-307273909883935/

Then scroll down to the post from 31st July, 10:24pm and click on "more"

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, delgarcon said:

Thanks lopburi, I think I'll phone Samui Immigration to see how busy they are.

Samui Immigration now have a queueing system. Sim ilat to those machines in the banks where one takes a ticket.

So choosing to do a 90 day report on the machine will put you into a different queue.

Better to go in  the afternoon around 3pm. That way you will miss most of the crowds. I did a 90 report a couple of weeks ago. was in and out in 5 mins.

1 hour ago, tubby johnson said:

I did my 90-day report yesterday (along with my one-year non-O extension)

First time I ever bothered to do 90-day report in all my years here. Didn't have to pay a fine. ???? 

It would help if you told us where tubby.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, tubby johnson said:

At CW in Bangkok.

Surprised they allowed you to do 90 report at CW. They are being done at MTT

BTW why would a fine come into play. 90 reports were not required during amnesty.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 1

Did my 90 day report last week at Phuket (was due 1st Sept but we were travelling around Thailand). Typically arrogant IO downstairs in Phuket Immigration gave my wife hassle re late attendance despite the reason for not being on time. No acknowledgement of amnesty or anything! IOs upstairs are, to a person, at least 'neutral' and at best pleasant, downstairs however... chips abundant with plenty of vinegar for extra sourness.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, delgarcon said:

I had my visa extended for 1 year back in June 2020 on the basis of retirement, prior to which I hadn't done my 90 day report as it wasn't necessary doe to Covid. Unfortunately I didn't realise that things had changed and I didn't report on the due date of 30 August. What should I do now?

Get down to the office and do it pronto, and pay more attention in the future.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Get down to the office and do it pronto, and pay more attention in the future.

Why "pay more attention....."

90 reports were not required during amnesty, which is still in force. Then required Sept 27 and would have a 7 day window (unless I'm missing something) hence he can do it next week. No fine.

29 minutes ago, bangkokbrain said:

Did my 90 day report last week at Phuket (was due 1st Sept but we were travelling around Thailand). Typically arrogant IO downstairs in Phuket Immigration gave my wife hassle re late attendance despite the reason for not being on time. No acknowledgement of amnesty or anything! IOs upstairs are, to a person, at least 'neutral' and at best pleasant, downstairs however... chips abundant with plenty of vinegar for extra sourness.

I'm sure one would be cranky if having to deal with hundreds of varying immigration applicants every day.