Trump to tell U.N. it 'must hold China accountable for their actions' on virus

webfact

8 minutes ago, Emdog said:

China is on security council and has veto power, same as USA

I'd say his speech is intended for domestic consumption.

He should know there is no way the UN can do anything to punish China

Take it a step further, the USA's current standing with the UN and the UNSC is such that countries would not necessarily support such motions even if they were basically for it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

Let's see now, this speech from trump focusing on the things he deems important contain aspects which should make all people cringe......... 

Let's take the oppression of women, and refer to some of his comments about "grabbing women by the p*ssy", that he can do what he likes with them, and also the fact that he has used hookers in the past (and paid them to keep quiet).

Also his racist remarks in the past don't really put him in a good light with regards to his speech or various other aspects of it either.

Forced labour he says, forgetting that he hired illegal immigrants to build some of his projects, and paid them way below the going rate, because he could – – not exactly forced labour but along a similar line.

The sooner this man is removed from office, one way or another, the better for all mankind.

If you are allowed to vote in the USA, cast your ballot. If not...just words from someone without much real effect.

• Sad 2

Not disputing China should somehow be held accountable but if this clown Trump had not ignored the severity of the impending situation & listened to his medical advisors he could have halved the death toll in the US.

This virus has highlighted the world in crisis & highlighted that the human race is not as smart as we think we are in fighting infections

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

So.....let's rename the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic the USA virus, because that's where it probably came from.

Besides, wouldn't it be better for Trump to start telling the truth to his own people before apportioning blame?

It was never called the Spanish Flu because they thought that was where it came from. That cam because the Spanish (who were neutral) had the audacity to print the only accurate reports. The others were just packing lies or ignoring it - probably thinking 'it's just a flu', 'we can reopen by Easter' and 'its a hoax' - although those lines/lies may be more recent.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Not disputing China should somehow be held accountable but if this clown Trump had not ignored the severity of the impending situation & listened to his medical advisors he could have halved the death toll in the US.

This virus has highlighted the world in crisis & highlighted that the human race is not as smart as we think we are in fighting infections

Fauci said, "Obviously, you need to take it seriously and do the kind of things the (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and the Department of Homeland Security is doing. But this is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States right now should be worried about."

On another date late January fauci said,

"The American people should not be worried or frightened by this. It’s a very, very low risk to the United States, but it’s something we, as public health officials, need to take very seriously."

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/apr/29/steve-bannon/did-fauci-tell-us-not-worry-about-coronavirus/

So if you look at these quotes you would see imop ,Mr. Trump was acting responsible and listening . Your only as good as the cdc and the experts advise and actions imop!

If you look at this statement, it says it all

(Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and the Department of Homeland Security is doing!

note It was called a  Pandemic on March 11

note M.r Trump announced restricted  travel with china on the 31st of January

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

You can criticize them for it. You can criticize them 'til the cows come home. And after you've criticized them, you can go and visit the country without fear of being arrested or disappeared.

Try doing that with China or Hong Kong. 

Yes but they will never pay up for all the damages they done.. so why should China ? I mean if you want to hold a country accountable then the wars in the Middle East especially the ones started with fake evidence should be taken into account too. Strange that nobody from the US ever thinks about that. 

China was wrong but at least it was not deliberant like the fake war. You can blame China for not being open but nobody wants something like covid to happen. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes but they will never pay up for all the damages they done.. so why should China ? I mean if you want to hold a country accountable then the wars in the Middle East especially the ones started with fake evidence should be taken into account too. Strange that nobody from the US ever thinks about that. 

China was wrong but at least it was not deliberant like the fake war. You can blame China for not being open but nobody wants something like covid to happen. 

I didn’t say they wanted it to happen. I said they tried to cover it up. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, honu said:

About this question of Faucci getting the disease risk wrong, he really did.  Here's a quote from that source that puts it in context:

On Jan. 26, Fauci gave an interview to John Catsimatidis, a syndicated radio host in New York. "What can you tell the American people about what’s been going on?" Catsimatidis asked. "Should they be scared?"

"I don’t think so," Fauci said. "The American people should not be worried or frightened by this. It’s a very, very low risk to the United States, but it’s something we, as public health officials, need to take very seriously."

Bear in mind the first two people died on January 9th and January 15th, and this quote is from 11 days after that second death.  It didn't take long into February that the writing was on the wall, and Fauci admitted that he had been mistaken.  Trump kept rejecting that the pandemic was serious through March, until the death toll made that impossible to ignore.  He didn't publicly wear a mask or admit people should be wearing masks until much later, July 12th.  Let that sink in, July 12th:  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53378439

Trump still hasn't played any significant role in resolving this pandemic now, seven months into it, and he never will.

Travel restrictions on europe and where the virus came from is very very  significant lol

Edited by riclag

5 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

So liberals think Joe Biden could have dealt better with Wuhan-19 pandemic?  That’s a laugh.

All countries that allow science to lead faired very well in handling COVID-19 including China. Biden follow science. You laughing at the wrong guy. 

1 hour ago, FlyingThai said:

The Chinese have killed more people than the Japanese in Pearl Harbor.

That's an act of war and should be treated in kind. I'm baffled about this nonchalant attitude the entire world takes to this.

So muster your troops and march on. Trump did not go so far as to call it an act of war, nor did any other world leader. I doubt they are all less informed than yourself.

17 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I didn’t say they wanted it to happen. I said they tried to cover it up. 

Agreed that they did cove it up. Point was more if they have to take responsibility how about the USA who willingly with false evidence invaded a country and made mess with countless refugees to other countries ect. I mean if i had to look at what was worse then id say the invasion (probably not in monetary value). But covering an accident up or willingly invade a country and damage then I know what is worse.

But yes China was wrong covering it up. But not sure if things would have changed much had they not covered it up. I think we would still have been in the same mess. I can't imagine a different response from Trump for instance. I mean even when it was clear how bad it was he still did not want to act.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Benmart said:

.just words from someone without much real effect.

Agree, but then trump does this all of the time, as in: "it is only like the flu" and "it will be gone by April" and so many more.

Surely you weren't meaning me, perish the thought!!

• Like 2