Trump to tell U.N. it 'must hold China accountable for their actions' on virus

webfact

16 minutes ago, robblok said:

Agreed that they did cove it up. Point was more if they have to take responsibility how about the USA who willingly with false evidence invaded a country and made mess with countless refugees to other countries ect. I mean if i had to look at what was worse then id say the invasion (probably not in monetary value). But covering an accident up or willingly invade a country and damage then I know what is worse.

But yes China was wrong covering it up. But not sure if things would have changed much had they not covered it up. I think we would still have been in the same mess. I can't imagine a different response from Trump for instance. I mean even when it was clear how bad it was he still did not want to act.

The university of Southampton did a report on what would have happened had the CCP responded properly.

As for American crimes, we criticize them all the time. Two things can be wrong at the same time. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

The university of Southampton did a report on what would have happened had the CCP responded properly.

As for American crimes, we criticize them all the time. Two things can be wrong at the same time. 

True. As to criticizing the Yanks ... we oft times deserve the criticism and friends certainly try to keep us reaching for the ideals rather than wielding brute force or economic pressure to gain our ends.

4 hours ago, Benmart said:

If you are allowed to vote in the USA, cast your ballot. If not...just words from someone without much real effect.

So from this point on you will only comment on things regarding the USA whilst castigating non US people for commenting on ANY thread about the USA. BTW when and who made you the controler of posts on Thai Visa?

Edited by billd766
Bad spelling
  • Like 2

Yes Pres. Donald Trump, the hero to so many, was slow to even admit any

truths about the virus, as he claims he did not want to panic, the simple folk

of America.  This anti masker would not even be shown to have a mask on for

many months. What a great example for more than 350 million people.  I keep

hearing from the Trump suppotters of just how great Donald is. My reply is rubbish!

The swamp still has too many in it. The great wall of Mexico is still getting slowly

built, and paid for by the U S of A, as it should be.  The US is still way to toxic, to

allow many of them to travel internationally. All of this under Trumps watch.

Geezer

• Like 2

16 hours ago, donnacha said:

Luckily, regardless of how anyone here feels about Trump, we are all at least fair-minded enough to agree that this is a good speech, saying things that badly need to be said.

i think hes uncharasmatic, but the worlds hope to restore freedom and fairness and protect the world from the ccp   vote trump!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Trump is not the best US President, but he's right to condemn China and WHO, China's lies and cover up amounts to negligent manslaughter in any other language, of hundreds of thousand's of lives world wide, 

The Chinese are only good at copying and stealing technology, they should not allowed to fool around with such terrible germ warfare activities, its not the first time, probably not the last, in their quest to be the master race. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, grumpy 4680 said:

Trump is not the best US President, but he's right to condemn China and WHO, China's lies and cover up amounts to negligent manslaughter in any other language, of hundreds of thousand's of lives world wide, 

The Chinese are only good at copying and stealing technology, they should not allowed to fool around with such terrible germ warfare activities, its not the first time, probably not the last, in their quest to be the master race. 

Yes, China must be held accountable.

Unfortunately, no one is doing that. The only country which has made an effort to stand up against  China is Australia and all it has received are empty words of support.  

Yes, the Chinese are  diabolical when it comes to intellectual property theft, but the west so easily prostitutes itself. look at how it chases after chinese "students". look at how westerners fall over each other thinking they will strike it rich in China. Look at how westerners so easily sell their valuable  assets to the Chinese yet  allow themselves to be walked on when they  try to operate in China.

Yes it was good that Trump said something. Unfortunately, without actions, they were empty words. The west must act together to protect its freedom and to hold the Chinese responsible for the vast amount of environmental damage and unethical depletion of  natural resources. Greta and her fans should be  targeting China not western countries who are the leaders in climate change reform.

I thank Trump for saying something. Now he needs to act.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, geriatrickid said:

Yes, China must be held accountable.

Unfortunately, no one is doing that. The only country which has made an effort to stand up against  China is Australia and all it has received are empty words of support.  

Yes, the Chinese are  diabolical when it comes to intellectual property theft, but the west so easily prostitutes itself. look at how it chases after chinese "students". look at how westerners fall over each other thinking they will strike it rich in China. Look at how westerners so easily sell their valuable  assets to the Chinese yet  allow themselves to be walked on when they  try to operate in China.

Yes it was good that Trump said something. Unfortunately, without actions, they were empty words. The west must act together to protect its freedom and to hold the Chinese responsible for the vast amount of environmental damage and unethical depletion of  natural resources. Greta and her fans should be  targeting China not western countries who are the leaders in climate change reform.

I thank Trump for saying something. Now he needs to act.

Given Trump excels at alienating existing allies and (probably) makes new ones weary, the choices for such a coalition seem limited. That's assuming countries can find enough common ground to cooperate, and that Trump got a real intention of going anywhere with his rhetoric, and the willingness to pay for it - one way or another.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

The west must act together to protect its freedom and to hold the Chinese responsible for the vast amount of environmental damage and unethical depletion of  natural resources. Greta and her fans should be  targeting China not western countries who are the leaders in climate change reform.

You may end up being surprised by China. They are starting to deal with it in the Chinese way: make plans, finance R&D and production, implement regulations which are in coherence with the plan and trigger consumption.... and end up doing business with it. That's how they became a leader in solar panels and are currently becoming a leader for electric cars.

• Like 2

On 9/24/2020 at 9:43 AM, geriatrickid said:

Trump did not stop flights from China.

Flights continued and hundreds of thousands of people entered the USA between the "restriction" and the  time in April when   airlines suspended their  operations. More importantly, comprehensive screening measures including quarantine/self isolation were not in place. The NYT  did an analysis and arrived at 430,000 passengers on direct flights.  Toss in the  indirect flights and the number is larger.

Bill Gates said the travel ban made the situation worse:

28 minutes ago, Selatan said:

There was no cover up. Even my local Malaysian newspaper had reported it on January 1st.

Chinese officials investigate cause of pneumonia outbreak in Wuhan

The warning by the police given to Dr Li Wenliang was about his rumour spreading that the disease was SARS. It was not SARS. He was not a whistleblower because the suspicious pneumonia cases already were reported by China to the WHO. And he was not a whistleblower because he was not even a doctor involved in the initial cases because he was an eye doctor. So, where is the so-called cover-up?

https://victimsofcommunism.org/publication/chinese-communist-party-world-health-organization-culpability-in-coronavirus-pandemic/

it's very well documented how it was covered up.

Please feel free to refute any of the official statements made by the CCP or WHO.

I knew about the a virus back in December. What I didn't know is how serious it would all be as it was played down by the CCP and WHO. 

4 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

https://victimsofcommunism.org/publication/chinese-communist-party-world-health-organization-culpability-in-coronavirus-pandemic/

Please feel free to refute any of the official statements made by the CCP or WHO.

I knew about the a virus back in December. What I didn't know is how serious it would all be as it was played down by the CCP and WHO. 

Plenty of evidence in many other countries that Covid-19 were there even before December 2019. Why nobody claimed that those countries were involved in covering-up their cases? Simple. Because they didn't know what was happening. They don't call it a novel coronavirus for nothing. 

Coronavirus: France's first known case 'was in December'

Coronavirus: ‘strange pneumonia’ seen in Lombardy in November, leading Italian doctor says

Brazil finds coronavirus in sewage sample in November 2019

Coronavirus found in March 2019 sewage sample: Spanish study

July 2019 in the US:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM-gzm_sOM0

7 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

There's surely plenty of interesting information in it. The problem seems to be the information that it omits to provide. In particular, there is no mention of official reports and conferences by the WHO, which may contradict the claims made. Starting with this one:

JANUARY 14, 202011:27

WHO says new China virus could spread, it's warning all hospitals

There has been “limited” human-to-human transmission of a new coronavirus that has struck in China, mainly small clusters in families, but there is potential for wider spread, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Tuesday.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/china-health-pneumonia-who/who-says-new-china-virus-could-spread-its-warning-all-hospitals-idUSL8N29F48F

• Like 1

Just now, Selatan said:

Plenty of evidence in many other countries that Covid-19 were there even before December 2019. Why nobody claimed that those countries were involved in covering-up their cases? Simple. Because they didn't know what was happening. They don't call it a novel coronavirus for nothing. 

Coronavirus: France's first known case 'was in December'

Coronavirus: ‘strange pneumonia’ seen in Lombardy in November, leading Italian doctor says

Brazil finds coronavirus in sewage sample in November 2019

Coronavirus found in March 2019 sewage sample: Spanish study

July 2019 in the US:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM-gzm_sOM0

"All the published genetic sequences of SARS-CoV-2 isolated from human cases are very similar, suggesting that the start of the outbreak resulted from a single point introduction in the human population around the time that the virus was first reported in humans in Wuhan, China. The analyses of the published genetic sequences further suggest that the spillover from an animal source
to humans happened during the last quarter of 2019"

The only people arguing it's origin are the CCP and 'journalists' working for the Global Times or Xinhua, etc. It's well established where it came from. If it came from somewhere else, we'd have known. That's why it started in Wuhan. Because that's where it comes from. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, candide said:

There's surely plenty of interesting information in it. The problem seems to be the information that it omits to provide. In particular, there is no mention of official reports and conferences by the WHO, which may contradict the claims made. Starting with this one:

JANUARY 14, 202011:27

WHO says new China virus could spread, it's warning all hospitals

There has been “limited” human-to-human transmission of a new coronavirus that has struck in China, mainly small clusters in families, but there is potential for wider spread, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Tuesday.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/china-health-pneumonia-who/who-says-new-china-virus-could-spread-its-warning-all-hospitals-idUSL8N29F48F

Yes, they didn't clearly state weather it could or could not be passed on human to human. They didn't clearly state something they already knew to be true.

That's the epitome of a 'cover up'. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Yes, they didn't clearly state weather it could or could not be passed on human to human. They didn't clearly state something they already knew to be true.

That's the epitome of a 'cover up'. 

Aren't you able to read what is written? "There has been “limited” human-to-human transmission of a new coronavirus that has struck in China". Limited or not, they clearly stated that there has been HtoH transmission and that hospitals and health authorities should be ready in case of wider transmission. This has been announced at an official WHO conference and also printed in the daily reports diffused by the WHO.

I don't deny that China messed up the initial response and that information was not so clear at the beginning. My point is that from mid-January, it was becoming more clear and warnings have been made. From this starting point, some countries succeeded in designing and implementing a relevant response (I.e. SK and Germany), and others messed up (I.e. UK and USA) despite the fact that they had more time to prepare their response.

Of course, it doesn't fit Trump's rethoric. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, candide said:

Aren't you able to read what is written? "There has been “limited” human-to-human transmission of a new coronavirus that has struck in China". Limited or not, they clearly stated that there has been HtoH transmission and that hospitals and health authorities should be ready in case of wider transmission. This has been announced at an official WHO conference and also printed in the daily reports diffused by the WHO.

I don't deny that China messed up the initial response and that information was not so clear at the beginning. My point is that from mid-January, it was becoming more clear and warnings have been made. From this starting point, some countries succeeded in designing and implementing a relevant response (I.e. SK and Germany), and others messed up (I.e. UK and USA) despite the fact that they had more time to prepare their response.

Of course, it doesn't fit Trump's rethoric. 

Not sure why you're referring to Trump within our conversation. My point is purely that the virus came from Wuhan and the CCP tried to cover it up. Here's a tweet from WHO:

who.jpgNow this was at least two weeks after Chinese officials knew 100% it could be spread human to human. 

Edited by rkidlad