Hua Hin prepared for second wave, ready to accept foreign tourists

webfact

Hua Hin prepared for second wave, ready to accept foreign tourists

6pm.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

An upbeat meeting of 100 local health and government officials and business and tourism personnel at Hua Hin hospital heard how the province is ready for a second spike of the virus and ready to accept foreign tourists.

Though a caveat was put on the latter by business leaders in the tourism industry.

Dr Suriya Khuhara of the Prachuap Khiri Khan department of public health spoke of the history of the province dealing with the virus and the fact there had not been a case now for 170 days. 

He suggested that the province was ready for anything after the state and private sector had stocked up on medical equipment and polished their plans for the possibility of a second wave of infection. 

He outlined the plans announced by the cabinet for the Special Tourist Visa. He conceded there was some skepticism and fear among locals about allowing foreigners back in but he wanted to assure residents of  Hua Hin that everything was in hand and they could feel confident. 

However, in a throwaway line in the Manager report they stated that local tourism businesses felt that state quarantining should not take place in Hua Hin itself as Bangkok was better prepared for that.

Thaivisa notes that tourists who successfully obtain an STV need to quarantine at a state or local facility for 14 days before they are allowed to travel further afield in Thailand. 

Source: Manager Online

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-23

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, AbeNormal said:

maybe you should explain what the measures are so that these so called foreign tourists you are expecting understand what will happen if they get caught up in it

The reality is there will be no foreign tourists, nobody is going to risk coming to Thailand and getting stranded for months, you are just now dumping those that got stranded from the first lockdown which saw curfews and entertainment venues and bars being forced to close with bans on alcohol sales and beach closures, who exactly is going to pay to risk that ?, never mind the existing measures of quarantine and as much as Bt300k expense to actually get here, only those that are determined to get back to Thailand will come, those with families, homes, businesses etc and they are not actually "tourists"

Very few 'got stranded most chose to stay here and are still reluctant to leave Thailand.

• Sad 1

An upbeat meeting of 100 local health and government officials and business and tourism personnel at Hua Hin hospital heard how the province is ready for a second spike of the virus and ready to accept foreign tourists.

All they decided was a deadbeat answer 14 day incarceration at your own huge expense ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AbeNormal said:

maybe you should explain what the measures are so that these so called foreign tourists you are expecting understand what will happen if they get caught up in it

The reality is there will be no foreign tourists, nobody is going to risk coming to Thailand and getting stranded for months, you are just now dumping those that got stranded from the first lockdown which saw curfews and entertainment venues and bars being forced to close with bans on alcohol sales and beach closures, who exactly is going to pay to risk that ?, never mind the existing measures of quarantine and as much as Bt300k expense to actually get here, only those that are determined to get back to Thailand will come, those with families, homes, businesses etc and they are not actually "tourists"

I just sent off an email to Thailand Longstay company to get some actual

numbers on the costs for going to Thailand in December. Eagerly awaiting a reply... But I suspect your estimate of THB 300K isn’t far off

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AbeNormal said:

you are just now dumping those that got stranded from the first lockdown

the only people, except those too sick to travel, who were 'stranded' in thailand were those who were, bizarrely, unable to book a flight ticket out of the country... it's not that difficult... there was enough time and plenty of opportunity in the early weeks for anyone who wanted to leave the country to do just that.

i had friends claiming they were stranded but i could find, in a few seconds of searching, plenty of reasonably priced flights out...

me thinks people do protest too much...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, androokery said:

numbers on the costs for going to Thailand in December. Eagerly awaiting a reply... But I suspect your estimate of THB 300K isn’t far off

why the heck would you even bother .... are you just trying to make a statement that already is know by everyone.  

your not interested in coming. imo

everyone knows how much it would cost approx'

Edited by steven100

4 hours ago, androokery said:

Can i trouble you for their email address are they a service?  Guess my existing valid retirement visa is useless now to return esp coming from the USA ???? thanks

So where is the quarantine hotels in Hua Hin  located,  surely the Hua Hin brains in that picture

could have stated the information?  I  have friends that have property there and will

return to Thailand, if they can do the return  reasonably.  Heck I may even go  if the Thailand

authorities get their acts together and come up with a better, laid out and fully explained

plan.  That will likely take until December, at my guessing.

Geezer

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

why the heck would you even bother .... are you just trying to make a statement that already is know by everyone.  

your not interested in coming. imo

everyone knows how much it would cost approx'

There are still unknowns. We don’t actually know how the flights will be handled. Or what they will cost. I don’t know if there will be an easier process to choose among the now more numerous ASQ hotels, making it more likely that I can get a room in one of the cheaper ones. The insurance question: does it have to be one from the Thai cartel? And where would I then fall in their quite large cost range? Do I have to book accommodation for the whole trip through the agency or can I just use an AirBnB room?

You may have your own opinion. Thanks for sharing it. It means diddly squat to me. I still have questions. And if I don’t like the offer I think it would be very beneficial if the agency and the government knew exactly why the offer was turned down. It would give them a chance to improve. Wouldn’t that be great?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, androokery said:

Thailand Longstay Company? I havent seen any info. yet on the Thai agents where initial applications for a STV must be made. Have you info. on this please or a link?  OK Ive read more posts on this now so I understand where u r coming from and what they are about. They could be very useful in 'cutting some bureaucratic corners'. Thanks.

Edited by SunsetT

7 hours ago, lanng khao said:

I've had a email off them, they said there still waiting to hear what country's are yet to be allowed in.They can help with everything except you covid test before you leave.

Thanks for telling me. I’m very curious about both the parts they CAN help with and what parts I would be allowed to fix myself. 

1 minute ago, SunsetT said:

Thailand Longstay Company? I havent seen any info. yet on the Thai agents where initial applications for a STV must be made. Have you info. on this please or a link?

I read in several posts that they were the first agency that had been tapped to handle the initial contact. I’m consuming way too much news about travelling to Thailand right now so I’m not sure exactly where I picked up this information. I think I also heard it on YouTube.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, samsensam said:

you are just now dumping those that got stranded from the first lockdown

the only people, except those too sick to travel, who were 'stranded' in thailand were those who were, bizarrely, unable to book a flight ticket out of the country... it's not that difficult... there was enough time and plenty of opportunity in the early weeks for anyone who wanted to leave the country to do just that.

i had friends claiming they were stranded but i could find, in a few seconds of searching, plenty of reasonably priced flights out...

me thinks people do protest too much...

yes I agree, I know of many who have travelled home over the last 5 months, I also know of a few who booked flights and got shafted 

The point remains the same 

There are "tourists" here and willing to stay and spend money as they have been doing 

Then there are those who are complaining about being forced to leave who have had a good long stay 

I am completely neutral on this, it is idiotic that Thailand are forcing these people to leave but then those that are being forced out have little to complain about

10 hours ago, androokery said:

I was basing that on someone who gave a very detailed report on TVF of their own experience, they included absolutely everything they had to do, medical tests, visas, insurance, quarantine booking (hotel), flights etc 

and that is if everything goes perfectly 

then once here you have the risk of getting a positive test while quarantined and the TAT fun just becomes a whole pile of hurt, and there was no fun in any of it

any fool that subjects themselves to this torture deserves what they get, they should know better

meanwhile I see more and more S' Koreans wandering around Pattaya, I'd be will to bet they didn't have to go through any ..... like that, Thailand is already opened to foreign tourists, just not from the west and they are covering it up