Still allowed to re-enter on retirement visa?

18 hours ago, Sheryl said:

take a special flight arranged by the Embassy (for which there may be a long wait)  

A friend of mine is in the UK though qualified to return was advised a few days ago that only 50 foreigners are permitted on each repatriation flight, and that there are 3,000 on the waiting list.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

A friend of mine is in the UK though qualified to return was advised a few days ago that only 50 foreigners are permitted on each repatriation flight, and that there are 3,000 on the waiting list.

Looks like those special tourist visas are going to be oversubscribed.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

There is another option now for those that are not Thai. Emirates are flying from Dubai to Bangkok and those with a certificate of entry and etc can arrange and return to here on them.

We should hang the flags out if that's correct, finally a sign of progress in the right direction. I wonder if other airlines will be allowed to do something similar in due course?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sheryl said:

If not married to a Thai then currently no way.

If he is married to (or parent of) a Thai, he will have to show proof of health insurance, a negative COVID test 72 hours or less before departure, take a special flight arranged by the Embassy (for which there may be a long wait)  and undergo 14 days quarantine on arrival in an approved facility at his own expense (40k on up).

Sheryl, my Thai partner is in Japan and wants to return to Thailand at the end of October. I understand from reading TV over the last few days that she does not need a COVID test, that she must quarantine for 14 days in a government facility. 

Will she need to be on a repatriation flight? Or can she fly on a JAL flight for which she has a return ticket?

Thanks 

22 hours ago, jackdd said:

Currently not

exactly,got a friend in Canada,his retirement extension ( had it since 2003) expires Oct 4th>
cant get back

only ( affordable) option is WAIT till thailand opens and start over

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Guderian said:

We should hang the flags out if that's correct, finally a sign of progress in the right direction. I wonder if other airlines will be allowed to do something similar in due course?

Info is here on the Dubai consulate website. https://dubai.thaiembassy.org/en/content/emirates-airline-has-been-approved-by-the-caat-to?cate=5d663d7d15e39c3a380001ca

The infographic on that page has this on it.

image.png.6b5e763e10b807fed97fee4101af658a.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Sheryl, my Thai partner is in Japan and wants to return to Thailand at the end of October. I understand from reading TV over the last few days that she does not need a COVID test, that she must quarantine for 14 days in a government facility. 

Will she need to be on a repatriation flight? Or can she fly on a JAL flight for which she has a return ticket?

Thanks 

She will have to come on repatriation flight. Should seek refund from JAL if possible.

Should contact the Thai Embassy to arrange.

4 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Did he say what the ticket cost for the chartered flight? I don’t need it, just curious.

6 minutes ago, Marco100 said:

If you have an Active Multi Entry Retirement Visa expiring 2021 you Re not allowed to enter Thailand with Emirates ( for example ) ?

As explained previously, retirement is not grounds for getting a Certificate of Entry (COE).

A person with a retirement visa who is married to a Thai can get a COE on grounds of being souse of a Thai. A person on retirement visa who is nto married to a Thai (or parent to a Thai child) cannot get a COE at this time so cannot enter Thailand.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There is another option now for those that are not Thai. Emirates are flying from Dubai to Bangkok and those with a certificate of entry and etc can arrange and return to here on them.

Do you mean if we have retirement visa and stay in dubai for few weeks we can travel to Thailand? 

2 minutes ago, mrfaroukh said:

Do you mean if we have retirement visa and stay in dubai for few weeks we can travel to Thailand? 

You have to obtain a COE, which a retirement 'visa' does not qualify you for. See the post above yours.

Edited by jacko45k

14 minutes ago, mjnaus said:

Not 100% accurate; foreigners traveling back to Thailand are no longer limited to official repatriation flights. Emirates started operating from Dubai to Bangkok again about two weeks back. I am on an Emirates flight from Amsterdam to Bangkok next week; and was told by the Thai embassy in The Hague that this was now an option (and a recommended option, since Emirates is flying daily so no week long wait for a repatriation flight). 

What about quarantines? This could fill every ASQ slot in a few days. Something does not fit here.

1 hour ago, RANGER55 said:

Did he say what the ticket cost for the chartered flight? I don’t need it, just curious.

Yes, it was £678 one way in economy and £2,787 in Business Class.

There were three flights scheduled in September, all were fully booked. The aircraft has a limit of 230 passengers with 50 seats given to non Thais.

34 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

What about quarantines? This could fill every ASQ slot in a few days. Something does not fit here.

I'm sure Emirates knows the Thai regs and only allows people to board if they hold a COE which the Embassies issue. ASQ is one of the many requirements for COE.

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

As explained previously, retirement is not grounds for getting a Certificate of Entry (COE).

A person with a retirement visa who is married to a Thai can get a COE on grounds of being souse of a Thai. A person on retirement visa who is nto married to a Thai (or parent to a Thai child) cannot get a COE at this time so cannot enter Thailand.

I have an emergency in Europe .

I would fly out with my Retirement Visa stamped at Departure. 

To fly back i would need to go trou the nightmare COE - STV 90 days x 3 ? 

Will have 2 Visas  the Retirement and the STV .... lol .

2 minutes ago, Marco100 said:

I have an emergency in Europe .

I would fly out with my Retirement Visa stamped at Departure. 

To fly back i would need to go trou the nightmare COE - STV 90 days x 3 ? 

Will have 2 Visas  the Retirement and the STV .... lol .

If you are married to a Thai -- yes, you would have to go through all this. It can take many months and it is expensive and stressful.

If you are nto married to a Thai, you would not be allowed back in on basis of retirement visa, period. Until restrictions are eased which is nto likely to be any time soon and could be well into next year.

If you can get the STV and are Scandinavian then that would be a way to enter but it is far from clear when this will start, and it is expensive and difficult and you still need COE, quarantine etc (plus a 10,000 baht fee on top of those costs and the visa fee). You will also need to wait for a special charter flight. It is unclear if any non-Scandinavian countries will be eligible for STV, probably not at present.

• Thanks 1