Still allowed to re-enter on retirement visa?

9 hours ago, theoldgit said:

A friend of mine is in the UK though qualified to return was advised a few days ago that only 50 foreigners are permitted on each repatriation flight, and that there are 3,000 on the waiting list.

This is correct.

WP holders are given priority over married / parents of Thai's on Non O's as well.

2 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Yes, it was £678 one way in economy and £2,787 in Business Class.

There were three flights scheduled in September, all were fully booked. The aircraft has a limit of 230 passengers with 50 seats given to non Thais.

i was on the flight that arrived monday, the flight was full, no MT seats at all, jam packed.

On 9/23/2020 at 6:35 PM, ubonjoe said:

There is another option now for those that are not Thai. Emirates are flying from Dubai to Bangkok and those with a certificate of entry and etc can arrange and return to here on them.

I think Qatar Airways is wide open as well as long as you have the COE - fantastic airline I might say ! Couple notches below Emirates maybe. 

No, cannot.  Also, for clarification, non-immigrant O-A "retirement" visa extensions DO require the necessary health insurance policy issued by one of the designated local companies.  Once obtained, the insurance company downloads your policy into the ID data base.  

31 minutes ago, rbmcn said:

No, cannot.  Also, for clarification, non-immigrant O-A "retirement" visa extensions DO require the necessary health insurance policy issued by one of the designated local companies.  Once obtained, the insurance company downloads your policy into the ID data base.  

That can't be right, valid medical insurance by any company as long as you are covered where you reside, better yet all of S.E.A.

54 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

That can't be right, valid medical insurance by any company as long as you are covered where you reside, better yet all of S.E.A.

Not correct. For an extension application at immigration it has to be from one of the companies listed here. 

https://longstay.tgia.org/home/companiesoa 

When you apply at a embassy or official consulate for a OA visa it can be from a company in your country.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rbmcn said:

For initial visa issuance a foreign policy can be used, does not have to be Thai company. For in-country extension then it must be one of the designated Thai companies. None of which will issue a new policy to someone aged over 75..

On 9/23/2020 at 8:02 PM, Pedrogaz said:

Sheryl, my Thai partner is in Japan and wants to return to Thailand at the end of October. I understand from reading TV over the last few days that she does not need a COVID test, that she must quarantine for 14 days in a government facility. 

Will she need to be on a repatriation flight? Or can she fly on a JAL flight for which she has a return ticket?

Thanks 

My Thai wife just repatriated into Thailand.  She had all the forms, COE, Fit-to-Fly, T8, passport.  The embassy told her which flights she could use.  She is quarantining at Le Bali Resort & Spa in Pattaya, not too bad.  I had no idea what kind of quarantine setup she would get, but so far so good.  Paid for by the government.  She says the food isn't spicy/Thai enough, but it's good.  I plan to join her soon and need to start getting all the forms together.  Go to the Thai embassy site, all the forms and info is there.

• Like 1