Check your shoes in the rainy season - you never know what might crawl in!

webfact

Check your shoes in the rainy season - you never know what might crawl in!

10pm.jpg

A father posted online after his daughter went to school with a "ging geu" or millipede in her sports shoe. 

Dad Ekasak said that his wife was in a hurry on Monday morning as it was raining and she wanted to get Ploy to school in Bang Saen. 

They normally shake out the shoes but this time they forgot. 

Ploy said she thought there was something wrong but didn't take off her shoe until she got home. 

By that time there was redness and she had to be taken to hospital. 

It was lucky that it was not a highly poisonous creature, noted dad who reminded everyone to shake out their shoes in the rainy season in particular. 

Thaivisa notes that millipedes are not poisonous but can secrete acid that irritates the skin.

Most Thai parents warn their children to stay away from "ging geu"

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-23

We have an entrance through the side laundry (we also have a main entrance smack in the middle of the front), the laundry is also undercover and has mess around the slates to keep out all sorts of things.

There are shoe racks all along one side of the wall, so the kids can put their shoes up (off the ground) and they are told every morning before heading out, empty your shoes, check them and watch out for snakes, yes snakes, as one morning I went out there to unlock the lock for the laundry door before sending the kids out to put their shoes on and as I returned a big black 1.5 metre snake under a small table had a go at me, I threw myself inside the screen door with my heart being held and yelled out to the Mrs, snake, that was my big mistake, I mean have you ever seen a pitbull in action, I tried to stop her, I felt sorry for the snake, that said, I had to respect her side of going forward, i.e. what if the snake bit one of the kids, then what, and it might come back unless I kill it, well I don't know about that, but not taking any chances, because if it did return and bit one of the kids I would feel to blame. 

Can't check shoes enough as I remember when I was a kid, one of the kids I boarded with at school had a funnel web spider crawl out of his shoes moments before he put them on.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, stouricks said:

Thais normally kick off their shoes at the door of the place they are entering, with no regard for anyone else, and leave them there until they need the shoes again. If that is overnight, so be it, the shoes stay outside overnight rain or not.

One of the many Thai habits that I love.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1