No outgoing mail from Thailand to USA???

thelynxxxx

Its my current understanding which may be wrong that indeed there is no regular mail service from Thailand to the USA.

There are the expensive alternatives of ems (reportedly very slow and possibly not fully reliable) and DHL (fast and very expensive).

________

As long as we're on this topic can someone knowledgeable verify if there is any regular airmail service FROM the USA to Thailand?

There was a problem sending mail by the post office a while ago. I am not sure that it is still a problem.

Globally, there are a lot of closed routes and backlogs, particularly for sea mail. I send some parcels from one country to another back before the lockdown which only just arrived (sea mail).

Air Mail goes by, surprise, airplanes, and in Thai Post's case the holds of commercial airliners and there are currently very few of these contraptions flying between Thailand and the US. At one point earlier in the pandemic, I needed to mail something and the post office informed me of this fact. I'm not sure if mail service is still being affected (but the flight situation has not changed and is actually worse). Just go and ask them (or check the Thai Post website). if it's an urgent missive, DHL uses their own planes and has Thailand-US-Thailand mail/parcel 2-3 day service.

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

________

As long as we're on this topic can someone knowledgeable verify if there is any regular airmail service FROM the USA to Thailand?

Oddly enough, there does seem to be mail service (presumably by air) from the US to Thailand.  I have received a couple of notices about voting from California recently.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bangsaenguy said:

Must be some mail being delivered. I got mail in August from the US dated late July

Anything mailed more recently that arrived more recently?
I checked a U.S. postal website and that did not indicate that mail wasn't going to Thailand but it didn't really explicitly say it was either. 

If mail is going from the U.S. to Thailand (albeit slowly with less reliability) why can't Thailand send it the other way? Weird, huh?