18 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

If someone can explain me how a foreigner accused of murder on

a Thai woman, arrested and detained by the Thai police and after

that he had confessed to killing her, has managed to fly back to

his country ? It should be in a prison in Thailand waiting the trial

or i have missed something?

Money

4 minutes ago, donnacha said:

In this case, we are talking about a loyalist acting in a way that many of us neighbors on the island of Ireland would recognize. Next week there could be a story about a guy from Galway getting blind drunk and walking in front of a truck. At that point, it would be entirely fair for people to note that the Irish do seem to like their drink rather too much.

You have zero evidence of him being a Loyalist. He had the oficcially accepted flag of NI in his window. He was from NI. End of.

Does everyone flying the Tricolour automatically become a Provvo?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, robert888d said:

How the hell did he get out of Thailand?

Police corruption or incompetence?Murderers are let out and divers holding a few sea creatures are imprisoned. What a crazy bloody country. 

As its lower odds on me murdering someone than snogging a sea slug, its happy days for me.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, polpott said:

You have zero evidence of him being a Loyalist. He had the oficcially accepted flag of NI in his window. He was from NI. End of.

You say that and yet you know, every bit as well as I do, that no non-Loyalist would EVER place that despised flag in his or her window. Neither would any respectable Loyalist. If anything, they would use the Union Jack.

Claiming that only reveals you to have no intellectual integrity. Well done.

Just now, donnacha said:

You say that and yet you know, every bit as well as I do, that no non-Loyalist would EVER place that despised flag in his or her window. Neither would any respectable Loyalist. If anything, they would use the Union Jack.

Claiming that only reveals you to have no intellectual integrity. Well done.

it reveals that I am far more knowledgable about the people of NI than you. Despised flag? Complete nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, johng said:

Yes arrested for murder in Thailand but somehow made it back to Ireland !!!

Being stoned on Yaba does not let you escape responsibility for the murder. It was your choice to take the drugs.  
     Or did some gang of criminals force the drug down your throat against your will? ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

I would think that the descendants of the Anglo Norman people who had been in Ireland since their arrival in 1169, at the invitation of the (deposed) King of Leinster (of Ireland)  Diarmait Mac Murchada, have as much a right to be considered indigenous Irish as the Celts who were roaming about at the time. Using your logic, the Irish peasants who left Ireland for the opportunities of the USA and Canada could be disparaged since they are "newcomers".

You could have just voiced your view that the fellow was most likely a lowlife varmint and  pointed out the Chang in his hand and his uniform of a tshirt , shorts and flip flops as evidence, and no one would have disagreed. You could have even mentioned the  tacky tattoo and most would have snickered.   Raising the issue of a flag just distracts. We see Thais display their nazi regalia. That doesn't make them supporters. It just indicates their ignorance.

What Nazi regalia do Thais display?  

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Sounds a bit like the Red Bull saga, wanted for murder but escapes to another country, is then wanted on an arrest charge.

I wonder which one will be found first?

Well he is wearing Kawasaki race team outfit, or maybe he showed them to go on the fiddle more efficiently.  The next M/C F1 race is in Bahrain end of Nov. just saying.

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

Well he is wearing Kawasaki race team outfit, or maybe he showed them to go on the fiddle more efficiently.  The next M/C F1 race is in Bahrain end of Nov. just saying.

I got a Buriram football shirt but I never play for them.????

19 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

1 million baht to the family and 1 million baht to the police. 

Unfortunately the family believes he is detained. They are old and live in a very rural area. We know them well and don't tell them the truth. 

5 hours ago, polpott said:

I see no tattoos or flags. What makes you think that he's a loyalist? if he's gone to ground in the Republic, he's unlikely to be a loyalist. Nice story though.

At the time of his arrest he was shown to be sitting in the back of a police pick up with a large red hand of ulster flag proudly displayed on the bungalow he was renting . It was determined he was a "British man " by the police as at the time as his passport was British with an address in Northern Ireland .

You may remember some reports in the papers .

"Photos of the property yesterday afternoon show the broken pool queue on the blood-covered floor and the machete on the covered pool table. A large Northern Ireland flag was hung at the entrance to the one-story Elliot estate, and police have confirmed that he is from the country"

"Brit from Northern Ireland brutally murdered a Pattaya sex worker early on Thursday morning at his home"

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Macthehat said:

At the time of his arrest he was shown to be sitting in the back of a police pick up with a large red hand of ulster flag proudly displayed on the bungalow he was renting . It was determined he was a "British man " by the police as at the time as his passport was British with an address in Northern Ireland .

You may remember some reports in the papers .

"Photos of the property yesterday afternoon show the broken pool queue on the blood-covered floor and the machete on the covered pool table. A large Northern Ireland flag was hung at the entrance to the one-story Elliot estate, and police have confirmed that he is from the country"

"Brit from Northern Ireland brutally murdered a Pattaya sex worker early on Thursday morning at his home"

Yes. Known as the Ulster Banner, the official flag of NI.

Edited by polpott

20 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

If someone can explain me how a foreigner accused of murder on

a Thai woman, arrested and detained by the Thai police and after

that he had confessed to killing her, has managed to fly back to

his country ? It should be in a prison in Thailand waiting the trial

or i have missed something?

I don't think it's the first time that people have put up "bail" money, been given back their passports and promptly disappeared. 

8 minutes ago, rott said:

I don't think it's the first time that people have put up "bail" money, been given back their passports and promptly disappeared. 

I don't think that people on bail get their passport back, neither that they need it to get out of Thailand.

Just now, Susco said:

I don't think that people on bail get their passport back, neither that they need it to get out of Thailand.

I was out on 40.000 baht bail, and had my passport with me all the time.

A fact that can be verified by another Thai visa member, who saw me with my passport.

20 hours ago, johng said:

Yes arrested for murder in Thailand but somehow made it back to Ireland !!!

Rather like the Norwegian thug who murdered the British guy in Phuket and then scarpered somewhere out of Thailand. The police said at the time that bail wasn't a risk because they kept his passport - 555!

Or the American who beat an Aussie to death in a Pattaya bar - and simply went back to the US after his arrest and confession. 

And so the list goes on and on. 

4 hours ago, polpott said:

With the absence of any evidence that he was a loyalist, I don't think that its me that looks foolish.

Read the original report and look at the flag on the bungalow exterior wall he rented . You don't need to be Colombo to see he was a loyalist .

Also read the threads about the article as this was already discussed . 

Edited by Macthehat
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

I was out on 40.000 baht bail, and had my passport with me all the time.

A fact that can be verified by another Thai visa member, who saw me with my passport.

It's okay, no need to verify anything, we believe you.

We're just saying that they usually take murder more seriously than shoplifting.

• Like 1