Woman empties gun into alcoholic, abusive husband

webfact

17 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Not tough at all ....... she could have left.

The police will even watch while you pack, drive you to the station, and buy you a ticket.

This is murder, she needs to go to jail for the rest of her life.

Sad, but true. The rest of her life is over the top to me, but each to his own. 15-20 with a chance of parole seems more fitting.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Domestic incidents are a copper's bane. Most hate the call that tells them to attend.

There is a 40 year old that's nice as pie when he's sober, but a real <deleted> when he's high on drugs or drink. He's thrown his dad's motorbike and sidecar combination in a canal and has no recollection where. He's fought (fists) with the wife except when she used the garden hose pipe on him. Busted up the his mum and dad's water pump. He 'lives ' in his sister and brother in law's house, by breaking in and despite their best efforts to get him out. So much so, the foreign brother in law no longer visits the village.

Cops are called once or twice a month by his father, usually, but do, or can do nothing.

19 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The police will even watch while you pack, drive you to the station, and buy you a ticket.

Yes, she should go to jail, but not for the rest of her life. A life sentence should be reserved for the most heinous crimes (crimes against humanity committed by Orange man and the GOP for example), there are extenuating circumstances here, the extent of the abuse, especially the threat he posed just prior to the shooting could lower the sentence substantially. 

27 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

Yes, she should go to jail, but not for the rest of her life. A life sentence should be reserved for the most heinous crimes (crimes against humanity committed by Orange man and the GOP for example), there are extenuating circumstances here, the extent of the abuse, especially the threat he posed just prior to the shooting could lower the sentence substantially. 

This appears to be premeditated murder.

She got a gun and planned to do it.

If she'd moved away there would have been no danger to anyone, and nobody would have died.

'He was drunk and abusive' isn't a reason to kill him, else a lot of guys in bars would be shooting each other and getting away with it.

Edited by BritManToo

3 hours ago, jaiyen said:

Shooting someone once might be seen as self defence but 6 times is definitely a premeditated action. 

Not nesscessarily, people who are high on alcohol  , meth, ect may not even feel the shots at first and keep on coming and are a threat. Same when they get hit by a taeser, normal person goes down .  Those  on speed (alcohol) taeser has limited affect.

2 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

I understand your way of thinking, if British woman would do the same (shooting their alcoholic boyfriends) , not many of you would live in Thailand right now ????

Actually my Brit wife was planning on stabbing me to death in my sleep.

Was already making the 'drunk, violent and abusive' reports to the police, when I found out and moved somewhere safer (Thailand).

Of course the usual posters will always claim 'need to hear her side of the story', but I know a woman was planning to coldly and calculatingly murder me in my bed.

Which is why I object to all the fools saying 'he deserved it, no trial required'.

Women are cold and calculating killers ....... if they weren't they'd have more of a problem aborting their babies.

(40% of babies conceived in the USA are aborted by their mothers)

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Not nesscessarily, people who are high on alcohol  , meth, ect may not even feel the shots at first and keep on coming and are a threat. Same when they get hit by a taeser, normal person goes down .  Those  on speed (alcohol) taeser has limited affect.

6 shots in the back .......... if he was 'keeping on coming', he must have been doing it in reverse gear.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Many posters on this forum are quick to judge men as bad, and women as good.

But in reality, if you don't judge everyone using the law, then one side will do anything they like on the realisation they won't be punished.

Sounds like you've met my ex-wife!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trolling4warlords said:

I thought guns are illegal and hard to acquire? Why are there so many men with guns in Thailand?

because they can be held legally and are easy to acquire. 

Edited by Pilotman

7 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Sad, but true. The rest of her life is over the top to me, but each to his own. 15-20 with a chance of parole seems more fitting.

And where does self defense play into this? Guns have long been used for this purpose the same as they have by killers. This is an issue for the jury. 

8 hours ago, jaiyen said:

Shooting someone once might be seen as self defence but 6 times is definitely a premeditated action. 

Perhaps if you've had a lot of weapons training. For a beginner it's quite common to just keep pulling the trigger until the weapon is empty, even more so if it's NOT premeditated but done in overwhelming fear for one's life. 

On 9/23/2020 at 4:10 PM, robblok said:

If they can prove the abuse and that he forced himself in the house then there are mitigating circumstances. Alcoholics that are violent can be quite dangerous.

What counts against her are the shots in the back, but in the heat of the moment and shock things happen.

That is if they can prove him being drunk and violent at the time. Would not hurt if there was a history of abuse too.

Maybe she shot him in the stomach and when he fell on his face, she emptied the gun into his back. 

In for a penny - in for a pound.

One thing is certain. She won't get beaten up by him again.

For him? Som nam na!

On 9/23/2020 at 4:00 PM, BritManToo said:

Amazed at the number of man hating men out there.

Wanting to white knight for women didn't work in your home countries, and here you trying to do it again.

I guess stupid can't be fixed!

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Amazed at the number of man hating men out there.

Wanting to white knight for women didn't work in your home countries, and here you trying to do it again.

I guess stupid can't be fixed!

Paranoid is hard to fix too. Your all woman are evil is one of those statements. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2020 at 3:39 AM, Pilotman said:

lets not forget that shooting someone in the back 6 or 7 times is normal US Police procedure and that's if they are innocent.  

And black, of course ????

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 4:10 PM, robblok said:

If they can prove the abuse and that he forced himself in the house then there are mitigating circumstances. Alcoholics that are violent can be quite dangerous.

On 9/23/2020 at 2:57 PM, webfact said:

She said her father had given her the gun for self-protection.