BANGKOK
SlyouThai

why farangs waited the last week to go immigration?

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Odd your 60 day start date.

I went to CM immigration last Friday for my 60 day, starts 27 Sept ...... ends 26 Nov.

Phuket immigration .............. should be renamed to end with a 'you'.

Mine says up to 27th November. I guess that extra day is inclusive. 

Will be applying for 1 year extn in early November.

• Like 2

Just now, edwardandtubs said:

OP, did you point out the mistake to the immigration officer or did you just meekly accept it?

CM immigration wanted my 400k seasoned for 2 months

(even though it only needs to be there on day of application for family extension).

I meekly accepted it, it was only 1,900bht extra, you can't win with them.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

OP, did you point out the mistake to the immigration officer or did you just meekly accept it?

a Friend already told me it would be like this because he went there before and they told him. Since i have the cash since 18 this month i was " okay " to get it from now , was too happy to leave .... i gave up trying to talk sense with them long time ago. I wonder if thats the same for covid extension , if it is people that went 15 days ago....

Edited by SlyouThai
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

It would be interesting to see how they react if you actually show them their own website and the clear statement that it should start on the 27th of September.

yes , but i guess many already told them and they dont give a <deleted>

Edited by SlyouThai
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

At least Phuket(you) Immigration says they will be open this Saturday to processthe very last of those clinging on for another amnesty extension

10 minutes ago, SlyouThai said:

right , and then they complain that immigration is overcrowded the last week. Or people blame farangs for doing it the last week...

For Covid extension at 1PM they were giving tickets to come back the day after. Luckily it wasnt that crowded for family extension

Exactly. The correct thing to do is wait until the last minute unfortunately, otherwise you lose visa days. It wasn't that long after 1pm that they started issuing Covid visa tickets for Friday too. Family extension was straightforward and even with having to do my TM30 update (photocopies of yet extra forms took the longest) I was there for less than 2 hours.

• Haha 1