why farangs waited the last week to go immigration?

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Odd your 60 day start date.

I went to CM immigration last Friday for my 60 day, starts 27 Sept ...... ends 26 Nov.

Phuket immigration .............. should be renamed to end with a 'you'.

Mine says up to 27th November. I guess that extra day is inclusive. 

Will be applying for 1 year extn in early November.

• Like 2

Just now, edwardandtubs said:

OP, did you point out the mistake to the immigration officer or did you just meekly accept it?

CM immigration wanted my 400k seasoned for 2 months

(even though it only needs to be there on day of application for family extension).

I meekly accepted it, it was only 1,900bht extra, you can't win with them.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

OP, did you point out the mistake to the immigration officer or did you just meekly accept it?

a Friend already told me it would be like this because he went there before and they told him. Since i have the cash since 18 this month i was " okay " to get it from now , was too happy to leave .... i gave up trying to talk sense with them long time ago. I wonder if thats the same for covid extension , if it is people that went 15 days ago....

Edited by SlyouThai
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

It would be interesting to see how they react if you actually show them their own website and the clear statement that it should start on the 27th of September.

yes , but i guess many already told them and they dont give a <deleted>

Edited by SlyouThai
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SlyouThai said:

right , and then they complain that immigration is overcrowded the last week. Or people blame farangs for doing it the last week...

For Covid extension at 1PM they were giving tickets to come back the day after. Luckily it wasnt that crowded for family extension

Exactly. The correct thing to do is wait until the last minute unfortunately, otherwise you lose visa days. It wasn't that long after 1pm that they started issuing Covid visa tickets for Friday too. Family extension was straightforward and even with having to do my TM30 update (photocopies of yet extra forms took the longest) I was there for less than 2 hours.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, katatonic said:

Exactly. The correct thing to do is wait until the last minute unfortunately, otherwise you lose visa days. It wasn't that long after 1pm that they started issuing Covid visa tickets for Friday too. Family extension was straightforward and even with having to do my TM30 update (photocopies of yet extra forms took the longest) I was there for less than 2 hours.

maybe you know it but i used to do TM30 there where everytime i need to bring piles of documents from the owner who is not easy to catch and sometimes have to queue up a long time. One friend  just added me on his house online with nothing more than my passport  and thats good enough. You can also ask your tenant to create the account for him on the website and register yourself when necessary. ( just print screenshot incase they ask... ) I think you need only his ID card and blue book to register the account. Was a dream to not have to do it with them at the counter. And at the counter you need A LOT more documents for some unknown reasons ....

Edited by SlyouThai
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, edwardandtubs said:

It would be interesting to see how they react if you actually show them their own website and the clear statement that it should start on the 27th of September.

It was certainly not a clear statement, very ambiguous.

Thai Visa Amnesty Extension until September 2020

The way it was explained to me was that in para 1 the visa types were listed but in para 2 the words "all types" were used instead. 

The "reason of necessity" was common to both para 1 & 2, so in effect the only extensions covered in para 2 were 30 day based on "illness" and "other obstacles" as in para 1. The 30 day extensions would be available to "Long term visa holders" of "all types"

That being the case, only 30 day extensions would start from 27th Sept.

You cannot fault the logic put forward and I pointed out to the IO that it was very confusing, not only to us but obviously to IO's as well, all she said was that she didn't write it, only had to abide by it.

People should remember that the context of translations can never be taken on a literal basis.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

(even though it only needs to be there on day of application for family extension).

You are the perfect visa applicant...they love you and look forward to serving you once more!

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

britmantoo , u mentioned its only needed only for 1 day and not 2 mths ?

Phukets thats clear , 2 months 400K for one year extension marriage

Proof of financial status either:

Letter from Embassy/Consul Certifying over THB 40000 month. (If applicable and max 6 months old),
Supporting documents of the income may be requested by the immigration officer.
Copy bank book name page and last 2 months transactions.

Persons from the countries who don’t supply income certificates (USA, UK, Australia) should contact the immigration office to discuss their application if they want to use their (overseas) income as proof of income for the extension based on marriage application.
OR
Signed and stamped bank letter AND Signed and stamped bank statement showing the money ( Minimum THB 400.000 ) for at least 2 months before application date. (Max 7 days old)
Copy updated Thai bank (saving account only) book name page and last 2 months transactions.
Please make sure that all papers have the same balance mentioned

Edited by SlyouThai

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

The way it was explained to me was that in para 1 the visa types were listed but in para 2 the words "all types" were used instead. 

The "reason of necessity" was common to both para 1 & 2, so in effect the only extensions covered in para 2 were 30 day based on "illness" and "other obstacles" as in para 1. The 30 day extensions would be available to "Long term visa holders" of "all types"

You cannot fault the logic put forward and I pointed out to the IO that it was very confusing, not only to us but obviously to IO's as well, all she said was that she didn't write it, only had to abide by it.

People should remember that the context of translations can never be taken on a literal basis.

To me, there are only two ways that part of the announcement can be interpreted (obviously, "extend visa" means "extend permission to stay"):

• All types of extension done by those currently on long-term extension (expiring prior to September 26) will have their extensions effective from September 27; or
  • That section should have been in its own paragraph and not linked specifically to those on long-term extensions. In that case, all extensions should have an effective date of September 27, regardless of whether you are currently on a long-term extension.

In neither case is it logical to say that "all extensions" means "only some extension types". It is all extensions, either for everyone, or only for those already on long-term extensions. I happen to believe the intent was for it to apply to everyone, but that is logic. Legalistically, it seems to make an arbitrary distinction which disadvantages those on short term stay.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Both Hua Hin and Jomtien also want 2 months seasoning for dependent/child extension...what can one do...complain 555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

I believe the image posted by the OP came later and is totally unambiguous.

4 hours ago, trucking said:

Wherever you have applied they seem to be not up to date with the official rule that all extensions start from November 27th.

I applied for my 60 day extension 11th September but they put the start date at 27th September.

I double checked that they would do this before handing them my passport.

Every type of extension does not start from September 27. For example, 1 year extensions based on retirement starts from the day after the old one expires. That's the way it's been done the last 6 months. Those extensions were not affected by the amnesty. 

• Like 2

Myself, and I believe many others, were led to believe our employers had been handling this since about two months ago. That's when they started collecting documents and had us coming into the office to sign things. They hinted at having clout and contacts in immigration. Seemed like a done deal, and we were going straight to Non-B.

Turns out, the whole time they'd been getting nowhere. Now we're all running around getting our embassy letters and documents straight ourselves, just to get this Covid "under consideration" stamp like everyone else, which we're hoping can finally be converted to Non-Bs.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Every type of extension does not start from September 27. For example, 1 year extensions based on retirement starts from the day after the old one expires. That's the way it's been done the last 6 months. Those extensions were not affected by the amnesty. 

Because the immigration offices did it wrong. All permissions of stay are extended until 26th September, so all extensions should start from the 27th. That's also what the immigration bureau wrote on the main immigration website. If nobody complains about it they will of course just continue to do what they want

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

why farangs waited the last week to go immigration?

Lack of flights/cancellations for many. One fella managed to get away to the UK last week after a month and 7 cancelled flights and number of others I know have lost 2 or 3. Didn't think about an extension because they were due to go well before needing one. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Odd your 60 day start date.

I went to CM immigration last Friday for my 60 day, starts 27 Sept ...... ends 26 Nov.

Phuket immigration .............. should be renamed to end with a 'you'.

I was worried that they may apply my 1 year marriage extension from 26th September but thankfully it was done from 12 August as usual...  I would not want to be in a queue next year if all extensions ended on the same date.