why farangs waited the last week to go immigration?

22 hours ago, SlyouThai said:

maybe you know it but i used to do TM30 there where everytime i need to bring piles of documents from the owner who is not easy to catch and sometimes have to queue up a long time. One friend  just added me on his house online with nothing more than my passport  and thats good enough. You can also ask your tenant to create the account for him on the website and register yourself when necessary. ( just print screenshot incase they ask... ) I think you need only his ID card and blue book to register the account. Was a dream to not have to do it with them at the counter. And at the counter you need A LOT more documents for some unknown reasons ....

I have had problems in the past: in the last weeks before lockdown I was refused a TM30 three times and never quite sure what I was missing. I did discover that the husband of a relative of my landlord had been using my address for more than the 11 years I've lived there.. Still Patong sorted it within 5 minutes, with a smile.

TM30/address notification question. I went to Ubon to extend my visa and was given a ticket to come back tomorrow afternoon. The young girl - NOT an immigration officer -  told me i'll have to pay a fine for not reporting my address. I've lived at the same address for the last 2 years, using toursit visas and always provide the same documents for proof of address every time i go. My last extension was in February - address reported at Ubon IO . I then did a border hop in Phibum a month later and reported the same address on my TM6 (as always). I'm not sure if I then went to Ubon IO a few days later to report my address again - i have a notification receipt but it's from November!

In August, i went to Ubon IO again and asked them to do a 90 day report as i was aware that the amnesty period was over - for reporting purposes. The officer informed me that i couldn't do a 90 day report as i didn't have a visa, and i was on a tourist visa at the time. He even spoke to some of his colleagues, as i was the only one in the office, to check. Have i missed something here? I don't think you have to report your address again if you've already done it on the TM6 Phibum is also in Ubon right? so i'm thinking it's the same province. I was only out of the house for 4/5 hours! 

Edited by 2530Ubon

22 hours ago, sandyf said:

It was certainly not a clear statement, very ambiguous.

Thai Visa Amnesty Extension until September 2020

The way it was explained to me was that in para 1 the visa types were listed but in para 2 the words "all types" were used instead. 

The "reason of necessity" was common to both para 1 & 2, so in effect the only extensions covered in para 2 were 30 day based on "illness" and "other obstacles" as in para 1. The 30 day extensions would be available to "Long term visa holders" of "all types"

That being the case, only 30 day extensions would start from 27th Sept.

You cannot fault the logic put forward and I pointed out to the IO that it was very confusing, not only to us but obviously to IO's as well, all she said was that she didn't write it, only had to abide by it.

People should remember that the context of translations can never be taken on a literal basis.

CW have been dating extensions from 27th September for some time now (I did my Non-O “Retirement” annual extension on 19th August for a PTS to 16th Sept 2020 & got extended to 26th Sept 2021)

19 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Every type of extension does not start from September 27. For example, 1 year extensions based on retirement starts from the day after the old one expires. That's the way it's been done the last 6 months. Those extensions were not affected by the amnesty. 

Would refer you to my post above, several other guys also reported on getting a 1 year extension for retirement from CW that started from 27th Sept 

6E9A86B2-7AC6-45EB-8E75-004F3E3F3874.jpeg.1405673a1725e6c62a2dfc432a772ba6.jpeg

Previous extension ending 17th Sept 2020

7BA9B55D-9FD5-43A9-91C7-10F4CF557708.jpeg.13abd2e368bcb61d183e7e4ab6b36e05.jpeg 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Haha 2

Because many gambled they could remain for an indefinite period and get away without paying anything for an agent or an extension, a bet that doesn't appear having turned out in their favor.

Others didn't get support from their embassies until the very last moment (like the German Embassy that didn't offer any letters until Monday afternoon).

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

What airline he or they used? The few I know who left, had no problem with KLM. 

Didn't really ask them because it was so normal but I don't remember KLM being mentioned with regard to cancellations. Well run company that doesn't oversell tickets perhaps. The 8 tried man ended up going Emirates for 5 Grand GBP. I remember that because he bitched about it. Also a number around these parts who have had flights rebooked for next week etc.  

2 hours ago, notmyself said:

Lack of flights/cancellations for many. One fella managed to get away to the UK last week after a month and 7 cancelled flights and number of others I know have lost 2 or 3. Didn't think about an extension because they were due to go well before needing one. 

Must have booked very dicey connections then. Lufthansa, EVA, KLM and Qatar have not cancelled their scheduled remaining flights.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 3:23 PM, trucking said:

Wherever you have applied they seem to be not up to date with the official rule that all extensions start from November 27th.

I applied for my 60 day extension 11th September but they put the start date at 27th September.

I double checked that they would do this before handing them my passport.

My local office had their poster as shown above on the wall showing 27th September as the effective date, so those who claim not to know the rule are plain out lying and just being difficult, as well as deliberately acting against HO instructions. Nothing new there.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 3:42 PM, edwardandtubs said:

It would be interesting to see how they react if you actually show them their own website and the clear statement that it should start on the 27th of September.

I carried a photo of their poster on my phone in case of any problem, but there wasn't. As I didn't go until Wednesday it wouldn't have made much difference anyway, but I too would like to have seen their reaction.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

Must have booked very dicey connections then. Lufthansa, EVA, KLM and Qatar have not cancelled their scheduled remaining flights.

Remaining being the operative word. Good news though I also wonder how many seats are left on these flights. 

3 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Would refer you to my post above, several other guys also reported on getting a 1 year extension for retirement from CW that started from 27th Sept 

6E9A86B2-7AC6-45EB-8E75-004F3E3F3874.jpeg.1405673a1725e6c62a2dfc432a772ba6.jpeg

Previous extension ending 17th Sept 2020

7BA9B55D-9FD5-43A9-91C7-10F4CF557708.jpeg.13abd2e368bcb61d183e7e4ab6b36e05.jpeg 

Mine was dated from today. 24th. 

I had a ME/marriage visa and I went to Sirinthorn/Ubon in late August to do the 90 day report which I didn't need to do per IO. I then asked about doing the 60 day visiting spouse. IO said I should do it right away and it would be stamped from the 27th.

Today the 24th. I went for the 60 day extension and it was stamped the 24th. I am glad I didn't do it then, in August, which would have affected my 400,000 seasoning.

On 9/23/2020 at 3:59 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Sorry to hear that Brit, each office has it's own brain trust running the shop it seems.  Nothing can ever be done the same in each office which is a testament to there poor comprehension and there own personal view interceding.

Please allow me to correct you:

Sorry to hear that Brit, each office has NO brain trust running the shop it seems.  Nothing can ever be done the same in each office which is a testament to there poor comprehension and there own personal view interceding.

41 minutes ago, samtab said:

Because this photo is a lie and most IO start extension from the day you apply, not 27 !

Ewok.jpg

Does it exist in Thai ? <removed>

I would like to show them in Thai !

Edited by ubonjoe
inflammatory comment removed

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Khun Sir Ubonjoe, I still currently plan to go to Pathum Thani IO on 28th to apply for the Family visit visa extension but is it confirmed we can go on Saturday the 26th ??

when call their office 10 times during today it goes to cut off mode   

4 minutes ago, JeffGroves said:

Khun Sir Ubonjoe, I still currently plan to go to Pathum Thani IO on 28th to apply for the Family visit visa extension but is it confirmed we can go on Saturday the 26th ??

when call their office 10 times during today it goes to cut off mode   

if not is it better to go on Friday the 25th ?

Edited by JeffGroves
we are following all that the staff tell us to do
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, JeffGroves said:

It maybe a silly question (I guess not) but does anybody know if Immigration Offices are open tomorrow Saturday ?

Not all of them. Some offices have announced they will be open on Saturday. You need to check with your local office.

• Thanks 1

So  , is this photoshop announcement made by immigration this way legal ?  I can not imagine that  . All visa types ? When was this announced ? What date ? Could be there for months already . Now as a long stayer on a non-o marriage visa I am supposed to visit the immigration's website every day for sudden changes ? I don't think so . Why was I not informed by mail , immigration has my address .

19 hours ago, notmyself said:

Remaining being the operative word. Good news though I also wonder how many seats are left on these flights. 

A lot. I had a couple flights booked for this weekend unrelated to the amnesty and called to cancel them (mileage tickets in Business Class on Lufthansa) and the lady I talked to said there are still plenty of seats on these flights.

9 minutes ago, whitefarang said:

So  , is this photoshop announcement made by immigration this way legal ?  I can not imagine that  . All visa types ? When was this announced ? What date ? Could be there for months already . Now as a long stayer on a non-o marriage visa I am supposed to visit the immigration's website every day for sudden changes ? I don't think so . Why was I not informed by mail , immigration has my address .

It's based on this immigration memo, which includes the full details:

@SlyouThai

When exactly are you going to apply for 1 year extension ?

November 18 (which is exactly 2 months of having 400k in your thai account) ?

Taken into account the fact that your stay expires on nov 22nd, do you think this is doable, would they accept your application ?

I'm in the same boat as you, BTW 

1 minute ago, Bart1979 said:

Taken into account the fact that your stay expires on nov 22nd, do you think this is doable, would they accept your application

Why do you think they would not accept his application?

There is no minum number of days to apply for an extension other than the day your permit to stay ends.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Why do you think they would not accept his application?

There is no minum number of days to apply for an extension other than the day your permit to stay ends.

Hi Joe,

Good to know, I wasn't aware of it to be honest.

Thanks.