STV Visa application precidure sounds like a scam

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

STV sets new standard of stupidity. First up the travel bubbles. Then Phuket having Au and few other countries fly in. Bit funny at same time Au had serious issues covid wise.  Now this

If you have a Thai wife or family and are desperate to return here, then it may be worth jumping through all these hoops, but if all you're after is a bit of winter sunshine then forget about Thailand

Can see it is going to be popular and oversubscibed once they have finalised the details. People around the world are chomping at the bit to enter Thailand.

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, ehgnyc said:

If any rich tourist really does take part in this, they are going to be very disappointed. They will not be arriving in the happy fun Thailand they're imagining. I'm on Samui. It's a ghost town.

Actually, I think this has improved samui.  At least its is more peaceful and the beaches aren't crowded.  I think most rich tourist would agree with me.  They are mostly older and looking for peace and quiet.  They will be glad all the backpackers and associated "fun" are gone.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I posted a reply to this topic in another thread a few minutes ago.  Please read it carefully.  Your 10,700 baht application fee is ONLY after a police check - NOT after any other approval.

2.      The company will send the photo of the passport to the Thai Immigration Bureau to check the applicant’s criminal record

3.      After receiving approval from the Thai Immigration Bureau, the applicant will have to pay the application fee and the company will send the applicant the STV Visa application form and the company will correspond with the applicant regarding:

Analyzing the wording very carefully from a 'legal' standpoint I would like to point out that item 3 on the OP's list actually interprets as after approval from Thai Immigration Bureau ONLY on the applicants criminal record.   It does NOT indicate any other approval.

In other words - once you have been 'police' cleared you can go ahead with an application and this company require you at that point to pay up the money.  That is BEFORE your application is processed in any way.  That is a real gamble,  Caveat Emptor.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, cjinchiangrai said:

What I want to know is where is Emirates getting their COEs and ASQ bookings.

Individuals get these from their local embassy and direct from the ASQ hotel respectively.  The airlines play no part in obtaining them, only verifying them at check-in I believe.

• Like 1

A new company set up by the Government with brand new untrained staff would be incapable of understanding the complicated rules that the TAT has put in place. It's bound to be a money making machine for those in charge of it.

4 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

A new company set up by the Government with brand new untrained staff would be incapable of understanding the complicated rules that the TAT has put in place. It's bound to be a money making machine for those in charge of it.

They are a long established company who have facilitated retirement visas for many years, but yes, they'll hope to make money out it at 10,000 baht + per pop.

• Like 1