Got real Hot new bird

bodga

12 hours ago, nikmar said:

youre a very nice person!! Did it eat the fish?

Not  sure as it  was late and I went out and  bought a  tin of "some"?  fish and had to wash off the tomato sauce, looks  like it may have had a bit  of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bodga said:

Not  sure as it  was late and I went out and  bought a  tin of "some"?  fish and had to wash off the tomato sauce, looks  like it may have had a bit  of it.

Watch out for a Kingfisher hanging around your tomato plants after it got a taste for tomato sauce ???? 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Crossy said:

Watch out for a Kingfisher hanging around your tomato plants after it got a taste for tomato sauce ???? 

That was the feel  good  story, now the not feel  good  story............ The Burmese lad that works here has taken a dislike to the gow wow bird, he set up a snare and this  morning when i went out I found a  distressed gow wow young bird trapped in it by the leg, dont know how  long it had been trapped there, but many feathers had come off it and the leg was damaged, i tried to cut the snare off its  leg, not easy  and could  not get it  off. the leg would probably be lost due to the cord  cutting into it.

I  put the bird in a box, it made no attempt to fly  away, i left it near my gate. later saw the boy go down to it and he was going to pick it  up and probably destroy it "somehow", they have little  compassion, so to save this  poor  bird suffering any longer  I grabbed the shovel he was  holding and smashed it  over the  head in front of  him................he laughed???? i got the Wife to  call him and tell him under no circumstances is he to do this  again, he worked for us a few years back , works well, and did this  once before, last time I found the same gow wow type bird hanging upside down from my pick up where he'd put the snare, cruel, i did manage to save that one and it flew away the next day ok.

14 minutes ago, bodga said:

That was the feel  good  story, now the not feel  good  story............ The Burmese lad that works here has taken a dislike to the gow wow bird, he set up a snare and this  morning when i went out I found a  distressed gow wow young bird trapped in it by the leg, dont know how  long it had been trapped there, but many feathers had come off it and the leg was damaged, i tried to cut the snare off its  leg, not easy  and could  not get it  off. the leg would probably be lost due to the cord  cutting into it.

I  put the bird in a box, it made no attempt to fly  away, i left it near my gate. later saw the boy go down to it and he was going to pick it  up and probably destroy it "somehow", they have little  compassion, so to save this  poor  bird suffering any longer  I grabbed the shovel he was  holding and smashed it  over the  head in front of  him................he laughed???? i got the Wife to  call him and tell him under no circumstances is he to do this  again, he worked for us a few years back , works well, and did this  once before, last time I found the same gow wow type bird hanging upside down from my pick up where he'd put the snare, cruel, i did manage to save that one and it flew away the next day ok.

Similar experience  with a bird same as  your  Kingfisher. Never  knew  where it  came from  but featherless . Fed it until it   learned  to fly  and it would come every  morning   for food. Then it stopped coming. My  wife  heard some   young  boys  bragging about how  it was  such an easy  kill with  a slingshot.

Same outcome with a  baby squirrel.

• Sad 1