Fastest Unlimited 4G Carrier Speeds?

Mama Noodle

Which of these carriers have the fastest 4G speeds - for those on unlimited speed packages.   

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, stouricks said:

AIS calls not included, but use internet phone costs nowt.

It's Internet Top Up package, supposed to be 1Mb/s, but always much much more....watched Man City on Mobdro on Tuesday.

I also used AIS unlimited 1 Mbps @ 200 baht / month for 6 months, but found buffering and slow internet a bit of a problem, so on renewal went for 4 Mbps @ 233 baht / month for 6 months. No issues now. Just now carried out speed test from Cha-Am to BKK -- 30 Mbps download / 25 Mbps upload / Latency 20 ms. But to London 4.6 Mbps / 3.9 Mbps / 204 ms.  

• Like 1

Depends on your specific location, you can't find an answer here. Maybe many people in your neighborhood use AIS and their cell is overloaded, then it won't help you if some other people here on Thaivisa, somewhere in Thailand, are happy with it.

11 hours ago, Raphael Hythlodaeus said:

I also used AIS unlimited 1 Mbps @ 200 baht / month for 6 months, but found buffering and slow internet a bit of a problem, so on renewal went for 4 Mbps @ 233 baht / month for 6 months. No issues now. Just now carried out speed test from Cha-Am to BKK -- 30 Mbps download / 25 Mbps upload / Latency 20 ms. But to London 4.6 Mbps / 3.9 Mbps / 204 ms.  

On my 1Mb/s AIS package, I am currently getting 13 ping, 47.2 down & 19.2 upload. Very satisfied. Out in the jungle near Phitsanulok.

9 hours ago, jackdd said:

Depends on your specific location, you can't find an answer here. Maybe many people in your neighborhood use AIS and their cell is overloaded, then it won't help you if some other people here on Thaivisa, somewhere in Thailand, are happy with it.

Should have clarified in my first post that I travel alot, and live in Surin/Buriram, so Im looking for carriers that have a broad coverage area with speeds to match. 

My current AIS Package, I get around 30 Mbps speed on a good test, and the wife, on a True postpaid, is consistently around 60Mbps speed at our house. 

Thats the reason I made this thread - im inclined to swap to True for the speeds, but at the same time I am weary at anything to do with True. 

On 9/23/2020 at 8:39 AM, Raphael Hythlodaeus said:

Are you permitted to create a hot spot? For example, can your computer use the phone's internet?

1 hour ago, trevor67 said:

@dontpanic What exactly is that....what are you buying for 389Baht ? (a SIM?). Can you do this deal for more than a month....10Mbps for 300Baht for 30 days is what I can make out.

Thanks in advance.

https://s.lazada.co.th/s.cCSvv

This is the actual one I purchased last year. What ever you pay for the item on lazada that includes the first month then it's either 200 or 300 per month depending on which deal you can find on there. It had unlimited data with a speed of 10mbps and tetherable. I paid originally 279 for the card plus about 79 for delivery and then 200 per month since then. My one lasted for 12 months then you just simply repeat the process which I will be doing in the next couple of months. Best thing to do is go to the search bar in lazada and put something like "10mbps" and they should all come up. Most of the carriers have this special deal but lazada is the only place I've ever seen them. 

Hope this helps. 

• Thanks 1

@dontpanic Hi appreciate the help...I have a bunch more questions as to how this works.

So you order the simcard, place it in your phone and activate how?....by dialing a code? So assuming this takes care of the first month...I take it at the end of the month, you must load this simcard with baht and dial the same code again???....and continue doing so at the end of each month?

Does it stipulate that you will be able to this for 11 more months after activation

or do you just hope it does?

How did you register the simcard? Can you just buy this simcard at a AIS outlet.

I'm coming up to the end of my 1yr package....using my existing sim and number, I was able to dial a code that gave me 12months of 4Mbps, 20gb/mth for 2500 baht total, paid up front.....the 20gb/mth was more than enough for me. I read about the package on this forum last Oct/Nov. The reason I liked it is I got to keep my existing sim/number...and it refreshed on its own every month.

I also have read about a simcard on this forum 10Mbps 100gb, good for a yrs usage from activation for around 1700 baht which would be ideal for me, but again its a different sim/number which I would rather not have....but if I must....

I do have a 2 sim slots in my phone but both are being used.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks.

23 hours ago, trevor67 said:

@dontpanic Hi appreciate the help...I have a bunch more questions as to how this works.

So you order the simcard, place it in your phone and activate how?....by dialing a code?

It should already be active. Mine was and had the correct package. Plus mine also came with some free AIS public wifi for the first month also. 

So assuming this takes care of the first month...I take it at the end of the month, you must load this simcard with baht and dial the same code again???....and continue doing so at the end of each month?

Yes you just have to load the applicable monthly amount on the account, either from your online bank or top up and it will take it off the balance on the specified date. Normally they will tell you what date you need to start the service by. I worked this out to be the fact that you get the first month included ad it started automatically from that date whether you used it or not. 

Does it stipulate that you will be able to this for 11 more months after activation

or do you just hope it does?

How did you register the simcard? Can you just buy this simcard at a AIS outlet.

Mine stated 12 months for this package. I've never seen them in an ais outlet. As I said before the the best thing to do when the term is up is just buy another card from Lazada which is what I will be doing. 

I'm coming up to the end of my 1yr package....using my existing sim and number, I was able to dial a code that gave me 12months of 4Mbps, 20gb/mth for 2500 baht total, paid up front.....the 20gb/mth was more than enough for me. I read about the package on this forum last Oct/Nov. The reason I liked it is I got to keep my existing sim/number...and it refreshed on its own every month.

This deal I don't know anything about, sorry. But you will get a new card and number so having 2 card slots would be useful and just use the new one for data. I use quite a lot of data so I use this for Internet and my Dtac which I've had for years I use for people getting hold of me on the odd occasions someone actually uses a phone number rather than line or messenger. 

I also have read about a simcard on this forum 10Mbps 100gb, good for a yrs usage from activation for around 1700 baht which would be ideal for me, but again its a different sim/number which I would rather not have....but if I must....

I do have a 2 sim slots in my phone but both are being used.

Sorry for all the questions and thanks.

Again I have not seen this deal either. Best thing to do is work out if you need unlimited data @10mbps. If not just choose one of the other deals you mentioned. 

• Thanks 1

@dontpanic Thanks for all your help and patience. I talked to AIS today and the 2500baht , 4Mbps is on again, but now unlimited.....they also have the same deal

with 6Mbps for 3500. I can get a 10Mbps unlimited, with free unlimited AIS calls and 50 min of other network/mth calls on a postpaid monthly acct...for 349/mth plus tax.

I've got a month to decide.