EU-bound trucks from UK could face two-day delays after Brexit, Britain says

snoop1130

16 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

What magic paperwork is that exactly that prevents a business from ending up in a two days delay? 

For sure you have ZERO experience with customs clearing ( and inspection)

• Like 2

What astonished me the most: all think ceteris paribus = all other conditions will stay the same.

Not so many retail organisation will give shop space to products they do not know that the purchasing price will be seen import duty, but especially.. just-in-time deliveries.

For any industry: who will take the risk, necessary raw materials, spare parts, components will arrive just-in-time when they can be purchased just a few % from other sources ?

You think BMW-Mini in Borne (NL) will take the risk for... British shock absorbers ( + 10% import duty), when they also can get them a few % higher in price as the present - without the new import duty price - ex... Italy/ Romania, but.. absolutely sure... 20 -24 h after ordering delivered at their warehouse ?

There will NOT be so much trucks in a traffic jam... as there will be a lot less business...

You really think the EU will buy British caught fish for 15% higher as fish caught by EU trawlers ?

Second: UK is no longer under the EU safety food umbrella, so..get your EU fish licence and IFS as BRC is no longer valid. Ask the Thai fish or food exporters....

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, polpott said:

And where we go one we go all. Barking mate. Proper barking.

The Rhubarb brigade will love these too....????

Dr Liam Fox today warns that the World Trade Organization must seek new solutions to help businesses in developing countries to overcome barriers to international trade.

He believes domestic reform and integration into the global trading system are more effective at increasing global prosperity than development finance.

Speaking shortly after going through to the second round of the selection process to be the next Director General of the World Trade Organization, he said the organization needs to work smarter.

Liam Fox makes SMEs his priority as WTO contest continues

The Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster has updated the House of Commons on the agenda for the forth meeting of the Withdrawal Agreement Joint Committee on 28 September 2020 in Brussels.

Written Ministerial Statement: fourth meeting of the Withdrawal Agreement Joint Committee

In the financial year 2019/2020, the Department for International Trade (DIT) has removed 175 trade barriers to trade across 61 countries worldwide, opening new global markets for British exporters.

British businesses can now export more freely and openly and invest in global markets.

Barriers include unnecessary, legal, regulatory, or administrative requirements. This includes labelling restrictions, out-of-date regulations, and licensing requirements.

Trade barriers removed to boost business

15 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

You clearly do not have even the beginning of knowledge what freight forwarders have to do for entring goods into the UK from a country/territory the UK has no agreements with ( in case of a Hard Brexit per 1 Jan 2021, a 12 weeks from now).

And whats more, I clearly don't care. The freight forwarders will have to buck up their ideas. Or the posters on TVF will have to, as there is a lot of hot air coming from the Remainers.

You talk about the procedures for entering the UK, but the tread is about exporting to EU. You are driving on the wrong side of the road mate.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RayC said:

But when? Businesses need to plan for the future. What about businesses who are part of a JIT process or deal with perishables? Their businesses will be severely impacted by delays.

Agreed but businesses shouldn't have to plan for numerous possible outcomes coming into effect in +/-3 months. They should be some definites by now.

And YOU believe buyers from retailers and processing industry did not prepare yet, by contracting alternatives, but wait to start thinking after 30 Dec 2020 ? ?

I have to supply raw materials to a Hungarian manufacturer, who thanks his new business to the switch from British products. it is already happening, whatever the outcome might be the coming 14 weeks... Bye Bye, Britain !

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

What a load of nonsense that site is. 

Try checking REAL UK unemployment figures. See the huge spike after 2016? No, neither do I. Because there wasn't one.

image.png.1cae0532a391c40ed4c57c01a647881a.png

Brexit did not start yet. Wait till April 2021 onwards...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Loiner said:

And whats more, I clearly don't care. The freight forwarders will have to buck up their ideas. Or the posters on TVF will have to, as there is a lot of hot air coming from the Remainers.

You talk about the procedures for entering the UK, but the tread is about exporting to EU. You are driving on the wrong side of the road mate.

Rejoiners have run out of steam whereas ponti's have never mattered either way.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, natway09 said:

Just another subject that the "non planners" did not even give a thought too.

Wait until the fishing industries start understanding just how it is going to be

15% import duty into the EU +all veterinarian fuzz...  Ask the Thai fish exporters...

EU import conditions for seafood and other fishery productsimage.png.b801751543c2a19834cd3890e0126393.png

EU import conditions for seafood and other fishery products The European Union (EU) is by far the world’s biggest importer of fish, seafood and aquaculture products. Import rules for these products are harmonised, meaning that the same rules apply in all EU countries.

Import fish from the EU from 1 January 2021 How to import fish for human consumption from 1 January 2021, the documents you may need and customs rules to follow. Published 22 August 2019

Non-EU country establishments database. Non-EU countries - Establishments list per sector; Non-EU countries - Establishments list per country; Bovine Holding Lists (Brazil) These consolidated lists are published in accordance with the requirements of Article 127 of Regulation (EU) 2017/625 and Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2019/625.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Loiner said:

No, I am talking about both ways, but the most about importing into the EU as I see big problems for entering goods into the EU from "third countries", as I know these problems for imports from China, SE Asia, India, Sri Lanka, Africa, Latin America since 1977.

• Like 1

theres always alternatives for food sources so any holdups will be no big deal ,,project fear working overtime as usual..much food comes in by cargo planes anyways and they have oodles of space..the cargo planes from los will land every week with their usual foodstuffs for thai restrants across the uk

Wow! Some people are eager to live the EU, after all it's been only 4 YEARS since they decided to live

but they are still in! Did something go wrong at voting stations?

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer!"   Old Italian Proverb

54 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

No, I am talking about both ways, but the most about importing into the EU as I see big problems for entering goods into the EU from "third countries", as I know these problems for imports from China, SE Asia, India, Sri Lanka, Africa, Latin America since 1977.

The "third countries" list belongs to the EU. If they wish to delay and disrupt supplies to their industries they can. So it's imperative for European business to sort them out when the political posturing of Macron and Barnier has been seen to totally fail. I suspect German business has been working on Merkel for some time and the realisation has now set in, so they will probably find a way around it soon. Maybe you should do your part for the Netherlands? 

The main point is that the UK will not back down from this because we have already left the EU. EU threats about third county listing has already caused issues with our internal borders, but our Internal Markets Bill resolves that. What will European business for their own supplies?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, puipuitom said:

Hmmm ... so many problems for such a long time.

4 hours ago, nauseus said:

Strange that I can't find this story, or anything about the annexation of Kent, anywhere else.

Are they anywhere else?

People think I'm nuts when they see me talking to myself. But nobody answered, so what can I do?

11 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

You forget: merchandise first have to LEAVE the UK.... 

Again: you do not have the faintest idea about custom clearance... going out the UK ( outbound at Dover c.s., has all to do with V.A.T.) and in the EU ( inbound at Calais c.s. = import duty + VAT).

You are still looking for problems, which I have already said I don't care about. It's paperwork, or not even that now, it's online declaration and payment work. If you are in the freight industry either get on with it or don't, but it won't make any difference to the UK not folding to EU demands.

15 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Only way to resolve this is for the UK to accept the EU's demands. Otherwise its WTO.

Do you think for one second the EU is going to capitulate to the Brexiteers demands? They cant. If they do every EU member will want the same deal. So no chance. Only Brexiteers want to see the EU break up. None of the EU members states do.

They can see by the total shambles that is Brexit what it entails and they aint stupid enough to want that.

The UK won't be accepting EU demand. You have better accept that.
WTO OK.

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

Serious answer:

When the government got us out of the EU was a good job. 

When the government gets us out of the transition period without capitulating to all Barnier's demands it will be a good job.

1 hour ago, 3NUMBAS said:

theres always alternatives for food sources so any holdups will be no big deal ,,project fear working overtime as usual..much food comes in by cargo planes anyways and they have oodles of space..the cargo planes from los will land every week with their usual foodstuffs for thai restrants across the uk

All these 'solutions' will come with s greater increased price tag.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

Serious answer:

When the government got us out of the EU was a good job. 

When the government gets us out of the transition period without capitulating to all Barnier's demands it will be a good job.

And that's it? Job done? Shouldn't the government be planning for the future? Personally, I don't call telling the transport industry to prepare for an uncertain future planning.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RayC said:

All these 'solutions' will come with s greater increased price tag.

That's OK. I'm happy for the price of German luxury motors to increase in price. I won't be having another Porsche. Buy if you like - the option is always there. It will reduce the UK trade deficit with the EU.

• Like 1

Just now, RayC said:

And that's it? Job done? Shouldn't the government be planning for the future? Personally, I don't call telling the transport industry to prepare for an uncertain future planning.

The government has been planning for this for a couple of years. For the past year or more they have been making provisions for a No Deal Brexit too. Didn't they tell you because everybody seemed to know?

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

I said they will still get money from the UK because of the tariffs which to the EU is free money. Its not free for the citizens of the EU who will have to pay them. But then again I also pointed out the EU citizens will most likely be able to source tariff free stuff from elsewhere in the EU. Its only going to be stuff that is unique to the UK which they will have to buy. Like Scotch Whisky. Wrong again.

Brexiteers. The only people who look at a house fire and think great. My heating bill is going to be cheaper this month.

Exactly. The GBP 8-10B net UK contribution tot he EU is "peanuts" compared to the EU import duty for inbound UK goods. Of course c.p. =ceteris paribus = all other circumstances stay the same.

MY forecast, with 43 years experience in international trade, is quite some EU imports from UK will switch to EU made. Remind competitive (dis)advantage is mostly just a few %. For EU imports from UK is mostly switchable, but UK imports from EU is for a substantial part fresh ( 31% of UK foods are imported from EU), for which it is not so easy to change in a couple of weeks.

Has ZERO to do with politicians, but all with probably decisions already made at purchasing boards of EU companies. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You are still looking for problems, which I have already said I don't care about. It's paperwork, or not even that now, it's online declaration and payment work. If you are in the freight industry either get on with it or don't, but it won't make any difference to the UK not folding to EU demands.

And what about folding to US demands? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, nauseus said:

People think I'm nuts when they see me talking to myself. But nobody answered, so what can I do?

Idont have an answer ...but a question .....

Is it Kent thay get independance and so a border inside GB....or is it England who is preparing for it.... as i am not familiar with GB geography ????

...all i know about Kent is that it has the most easy landing places for the dingy's aparantly ????

Edited by david555