EU-bound trucks from UK could face two-day delays after Brexit, Britain says

snoop1130

21 minutes ago, Loiner said:

The government has been planning for this for a couple of years. For the past year or more they have been making provisions for a No Deal Brexit too. Didn't they tell you because everybody seemed to know?

Why don't you spell out these plans for me given that you seem to know so much about them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Loiner said:

That's OK. I'm happy for the price of German luxury motors to increase in price. I won't be having another Porsche. Buy if you like - the option is always there. It will reduce the UK trade deficit with the EU.

Yes, together with no flowers and a lot less fresh foods... if.. the many unemployed when exports to EU fails, still can afford to buy these...

One advantage: British exports of fish might fall to zero seen +15% Import duty and a lot of veterinary fuzz, you the British menu will even be more "fish & chips". 

It will NOT be: able to buy a German Porsche, but.. can you still afford a new spare part for your Nissan car, as 50% of the spare parts used in it are imported from the EU.

Are you still able to afford an Italian refrigerator or a washing machine ?

And the UK economy is really going to be hurt if the EU decides all trading in €uro's has to be under control of the ECB, so.. have to be based inside the €uro-land...

Even when businesses decide, better under the EU court in Strasbourg than under "common law" in London, it is finished with the City.

see https://www.sussex.ac.uk/webteam/gateway/file.php?name=foodbrexitreport-langmillstonemarsden-july2017pdf.pdf&site=25

file:///C:/Users/gebuiker/Downloads/CBP-7851 (1).pdf

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You are still looking for problems, which I have already said I don't care about. It's paperwork, or not even that now, it's online declaration and payment work. If you are in the freight industry either get on with it or don't, but it won't make any difference to the UK not folding to EU demands.

No, it is NOT only paper work. it is "life" inspection by the UK custom officer, when something leaves the UK and again when something enters the EU ( and visa versa) . THAT's the trouble. And when more in/out as the custom officers can handle, you have a lorry traffic jam. As nearly every non-Brexiteer already forecasterd for years.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Loiner said:

You can if you want to, but don't expect the UK to do so. Or are you so horrified by the possibility of some US chicken?

No, I am horrified so many business contacts since over 40 years and and friends in the UK are going to end up in deep sh.t. I saw then m climbing out at the late 70's, see https://www.economist.com/buttonwoods-notebook/2017/07/19/britain-back-to-being-the-sick-man-of-europe 

Chlorified US chickens anyone simply can leave at the shop shelves.

Edited by puipuitom

12 minutes ago, RayC said:

The discussion was about food. Unless you plan to starve, you won't have much choice but to pay higher prices, given that we will be trading on your favoured WTO terms.

No it wasn't about food until you just decided so. Same difference though, if you want imported European food you can pay for it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RayC said:

Why don't you spell out these plans for me given that you seem to know so much about them.

Why don't you check with the UK government, rather that gobbing off on TVF and demanding other posters do it for you.

Edited by Loiner

11 minutes ago, Loiner said:

No it wasn't about food until you just decided so. Same difference though, if you want imported European food you can pay for it.

31 % of UK consumption originates from EU. So, get started in growing your own vegetables, fruits, meat, etc. Better today as tomorrow.

However, the REAL problem will be in the exporting make-industry and the commercial + financial services ( City of London) . 

One advantage: less British pounds will flow to the EU during (holiday) trips, as.. Schengen visa, international driving licence+ Insurances. And.. big chance.. British cannot afford these trips anymore.

Edited by puipuitom
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

No, it is NOT only paper work. it is "life" inspection by the UK custom officer, when something leaves the UK and again when something enters the EU ( and visa versa) . THAT's the trouble. And when more in/out as the custom officers can handle, you have a lorry traffic jam. As nearly every non-Brexiteer already forecasterd for years.

If you think that every truck is inspected you are wrong.

2 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

31 % of UK consumption originates from EU. So, get started in growing your own vegetables, fruits, meat, etc.

However, the REAL problem will be in the make-industry and the commercial + financial services ( City of London) 

That's only because it was forced on the UK.

Before then we used to buy from New Zealand, Australia, South Africa and Argentina.

When I lived in the UK, I purchased loads of stuff from the USA, much cheaper than France or Germany.

I also always wondered why shipping from Germany to the UK was twice the price of shipping from the USA to the UK.

I'm sure other countries still have produce they'd like to sell to the UK.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

Yes, together with no flowers and a lot less fresh foods... if.. the many unemployed when exports to EU fails, still can afford to buy these...

One advantage: British exports of fish might fall to zero seen +15% Import duty and a lot of veterinary fuzz, you the British menu will even be more "fish & chips". 

It will NOT be: able to buy a German Porsche, but.. can you still afford a new spare part for your Nissan car, as 50% of the spare parts used in it are imported from the EU.

Are you still able to afford an Italian refrigerator or a washing machine ?

And the UK economy is really going to be hurt if the EU decides all trading in €uro's has to be under control of the ECB, so.. have to be based inside the €uro-land...

Even when businesses decide, better under the EU court in Strasbourg than under "common law" in London, it is finished with the City.

see https://www.sussex.ac.uk/webteam/gateway/file.php?name=foodbrexitreport-langmillstonemarsden-july2017pdf.pdf&site=25

file:///C:/Users/gebuiker/Downloads/CBP-7851 (1).pdf

I can see you are hoping for all this, but it's unlikely. EU tariffs on UK goods will only reduce the amount of imports, so all acceptable.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

That's only because it was forced on the UK.

Before then we used to buy from New Zealand, Australia, South Africa and Argentina.

When I lived in the UK, I purchased loads of stuff from the USA, much cheaper than France or Germany.

I'm sure other countries still have produce they'd like to sell to the UK.

Great,., fresh strawberries from Australia.. or cucumbers from South Africa. Of course, you can charter a Lear Jet to fly it in....

It is NOT about: "like to sell to the UK ", it is about... affordable for the UK consumers...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

No, I am horrified so many business contacts since over 40 years and and friends in the UK are going to end up in deep sh.t.

Chlorified US chickens anyone simply can leave at the shop shelves.

Sorry about your business contacts but we have a whole country to take care off. We really don't care about what happens to your EU business, but we can see that's what all your complaints are about. You represent the EU's position as a whole, which is something we have known for many years now. But we are out now and soon will be fully out without your EU masters demands. Why don't you complain to them?

• Like 2

Just now, puipuitom said:

Explain that to the UK workers, who now make these things, and get layed off around 1 Jan 2021 as no alternative exports.

Don't you believe that we don't manufacture anything these days? There won't be many UK workers laid off, but there probably will be rakes of them in the EU, particularly German car factories and I'm ROFLMAO at those.

Better get your FTA signed up when Boris gives you the new details.

22 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Sorry about your business contacts but we have a whole country to take care off. We really don't care about what happens to your EU business, but we can see that's what all your complaints are about. You represent the EU's position as a whole, which is something we have known for many years now. But we are out now and soon will be fully out without your EU masters demands. Why don't you complain to them?

When my British business contacts and British friends see dramatic situations ahead, I think it is a thread for the entire British community.

My EU business... could not get better as many EU manufacturers and distributors want to switch away from British origins. For that Boris the Liar would get the highest approval.... 

Here lies again a British disaster: cannot afford to live outside the Tiny Islands... https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/03/fear-anger-stalk-britons-costa-del-sol-brexit  and a lot more :  "British pensionarios abroad in trouble caused by Brexit "

Edited by puipuitom
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Don't you believe that we don't manufacture anything these days? There won't be many UK workers laid off, but there probably will be rakes of them in the EU, particularly German car factories and I'm ROFLMAO at those.

Boris cannot keep his signature valid for even 12 months.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

When my British business contacts and British friends see dramatic situations ahead, I think itr is a thread for the entire British community.

My EU business... could not get better as many EU manufacturers and distributors want to switch away from British origins. For that Boris the Liar would get the highest approval.... 

Here lies again a British disaster: cannot afford to live outside the Tiny Islands... https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/03/fear-anger-stalk-britons-costa-del-sol-brexit 

I guess your British business contacts are all Remainer drama queens. Well they had better get used to it. They are in a very small minority of British businesses that export to the EU. Sounds like it's going to be more of a disaster for your own business that it could be for our nation.

Your Garuniad Brits in Spain don't even come into this equation. What have their moans got to do with import/export?
Boris the EU Beater gets my highest approval. If your EU business will be affected you had better talk to Mark Rutte.

18 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Yes but the German laid of workers can at least enjoy food,80%of the food you eat is imported.

I know,i know that also does not bother you.

So great to communicate with an extremist.Dare i say it?Why not,you sound like a Trump supporter.

Any argument you do not like gets beaten down or ignored.

• Like 2

Just now, jvs said:

Yes but the German laid of workers can at least enjoy food,80%of the food you eat is imported.

I know,i know that also does not bother you.

So great to communicate with an extremist.Dare i say it?Why not,you sound like a Trump supporter.

Any argument you do not like gets beaten down or ignored.

80% of the food I eat imported? Not true at all, and you don't even know a bean about my dietary habits.
Yes, sure I would support Trump if I were American.

Any argument you do not like gets beaten down? Well that part would be very Remainer, Europhile, Left winger or US Democrat. So not me, and I certainly I don't ignore you anti-Brexit nonsense.

• Like 1