Phuket Immigration assures all ‘visa extensions’ at least 30 days

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

announced  before or after they were "outed"

Phuket Immigration assures all ‘visa extensions’ at least 30 days By The Phuket News   A woman at the Phuket Immigration Office in Phuket Town picks up an application form to exten

What do you expect? If you aren't a Thai you are a outsider (outlander). You don't have equal rights like a Thai. This is in every country. You have to follow their rules. In your home country you als

Posted Images

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok has announced "No matter when you came to extend your visa, the permission date of all visa types will start counting from September 27, 2020.” 

I hope this ends the people on this forum who keep insisting that it's unacceptable to talk about "extending your visa".  Here we have the Thai immigration office using the "extend your visa" language.  

3 hours ago, spacex said:

"Under the current ‘visa amnesty’, which is set to expire this Saturday (Sept 26), the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok has announced "No matter when you came to extend your visa, the permission date of all visa types will start counting from September 27, 2020.” 

The above is a blatant lie.

I can also confirm this is a lie, my extension which I received from Phuket started the day I applied, not the 27th Sept.

Edited by taxin
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
6 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I was at Samui IO last week and witnessed two people being turned away one a female was in tears I don’t know what there circumstances were I presume they were trying to renew their visa’s . In the meantime agents are making a fortune I know of an individual who has paid 30,000+ Bht for a 90 day stamp.

Was just there and can confirm that the office is no longer issuing extensions on a TR since Monday. I asked what the reasoning was behind the change but none was forthcoming (other than cannot now) I can't confirm that the change was Monday but I can confirm .they were being issued until last Wednesday. The mobile unit in Central Festival was issuing supposedly for technical reasons so were telling those with unused 30 day TR extensions to go to Maenam 

24 minutes ago, mrmrmred said:

I wish everyone luck.... alot of luck as you are going to need it.

Cheers mate and it's going to be a lot of people who need it. With land borders closed, what are they going to do about all these people that simply cannot leave due to lack of flights or seats on flights. One fella managed to leave last Monday after having 7 tickets cancelled over the period of 3-4 weeks. That aside... I dunno... can't go around telling people one thing and then change it a matter of days or a week before. 

• Like 2