Phuket Immigration assures all ‘visa extensions’ at least 30 days

snoop1130

On 9/25/2020 at 3:28 PM, abonsa said:

I understand what you are saying, but don't you think that we should do something about it, complain at higher level, because IOs already get a salary and should not scam us ?

Wow.  I have heard a lot of naive comments on here, but this one is the best.  Sure ... complain at a higher level, don't you think they are on the take too?

I paid 5,100 for my 60 day extension Friday (based on visiting family).  My fixer met me at Immigration and I was in and out in literally 5 minutes while others waited and waited.  While I support Rule of Law issues, sometimes you just have to put aside your Western thinking and realize how things work in some countries.

• Haha 1

On 9/26/2020 at 11:19 PM, kurtmartens said:

Wow.  I have heard a lot of naive comments on here, but this one is the best.  Sure ... complain at a higher level, don't you think they are on the take too?

I paid 5,100 for my 60 day extension Friday (based on visiting family).  My fixer met me at Immigration and I was in and out in literally 5 minutes while others waited and waited.  While I support Rule of Law issues, sometimes you just have to put aside your Western thinking and realize how things work in some countries.

so next time how much for 1 year extension ?