Volunteer visa question

Today i asked an agent and he told me he can help me obtain volunteer visa for 12 month for a price of 50K and told me no voluteering required , but as im reading the forums about this visa  i see comments mentioned that its cost 60K and and its only for three month and i have to renew it and also some volunteering works required...ect ....   does my agent sound legit? .

(i already extended my visa with embassy letter till the 26 oct so i have time)

Your reading incorrectly.

However where did you meet agent.

You dealing with an office or some random individual?

My good friend obtains same for 12 month 49k. That price would not be available now. It takes up to 2 weeks .

Edited by DrJack54

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

actually its a thai school they told me they work with an agenst and they showed me a passport of an applicant who already got the stamp. for one year.

7 minutes ago, freesudani said:

actually its a thai school they told me they work with an agenst and they showed me a passport of an applicant who already got the stamp. for one year.

I would prefer to deal with agent rather than school. Many good agents with offices in most areas. That way you know who your directly dealing with and not 3rd party.

BTW 50K is normal.

You need post more info. How did you enter Thailand. My guess tourist visa or visa exempt. That means agent needs to obtain non o first then extension based on volunteering. 50k would be very good price.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

My good friend obtains same for 12 month 49k. That price would not be available now. It takes up to 2 weeks .

What specific category (reason) of visa/extension would you be obtaining?

I had a friend quoted around ฿44k from a law office, and it would be a 12 month extension of non-o for visiting Thai family; I think retirement is a little cheaper. Normally 1 week, but there is a "rush" of applications over last couple of days ????

30 minutes ago, lovesthespicy said:

All the legit agents are saying they cant get volunteer visas right now not enough time. 

Yesterday or today was the last day.  Maybe for Bangkok metro area and neighbor provinces, tomorrow may be the cutoff day.

Edited by 4evermaat

3 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

What specific category (reason) of visa/extension would you be obtaining?

I had a friend quoted around ฿44k from a law office, and it would be a 12 month extension of non-o for visiting Thai family; I think retirement is a little cheaper. Normally 1 week, but there is a "rush" of applications over last couple of days ????

Agents assistance cost all depends on options. It depends on how you entered Thailand. On a non o or tourist / visa exempt etc. 

The friend I made reference to entered on METV. Hence the agent needs to obtain non o first. 

Your friend visiting Thai family is very minor. Should be very cheap.

Annual extension based on marriage is expensive. Requires docs go up food chain.

In fact if over 50 agent would prefer extension based on retirement and cheapo option.

1 hour ago, freesudani said:

What do you think, a volunteer visa but you don't have to volunteer? How can that be legit? Pathetic.

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

The friend I made reference to entered on METV. Hence the agent needs to obtain non o first. 

Your friend visiting Thai family is very minor. Should be very cheap.

Annual extension based on marriage is expensive. Requires docs go up food chain.

In fact if over 50 agent would prefer extension based on retirement and cheapo option.

Friend entered on a non-immigrant o.  Did not have financial requirement seasoned, which i figured contributed to the total cost.   Visiting Thai family (spouse, child) seem to have the largest document requirements, ironically.

I think an entire thread should be started specifically for agent extensions Sept-Nov, 2020.  Costs, location, what category, et al.

edit:  I also suspect the a big part of the reasoning for this non-renewal of amnesty extension was to [re]generate some revenue at immigration.   4-6 months is a long time without any extension revenue.

Edited by 4evermaat

2 hours ago, lovesthespicy said:

All the legit agents are saying they cant get volunteer visas right now not enough time. 

That only affects people whose amnesty/extension runs out on Saturday.

The OP has extended his stay for one more month until late October so there is plenty of time for him.

Prices vary for end 40s to mid 60s depending on the agent, location, the kind of visa and add ons (re-entry).

Getting quoted a price of 50k is normal for a volunteer Non-O. I would prefer to deal an agent directly instead of that school. Price won't change, the lowest prices are in Chiang Mai and Pattaya IMHO.

5 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

So basically pay 50k for a stamp....cash is king in LOS  everything has its price...

I got a vol visa long ago to do radio in cnx....had to go to bkk for it--what a hassle that was---ugh

These days, almost all kinds of visas and extensions that used to require a trip to Bangkok can now be processed at local immigration offices. However, in many cases, they are taken under consideration, and approved at division level.

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

These 12 month visa's... is a border bounce required every 90 days ?

would suck to be not let back in due to WuFlu  !!

If you have a 12-month permission to stay, you must make address reports every 90 days, but are allowed to stay until the end of your permission to stay. If you then wish to stay longer, you must apply for a further extension of your permission to stay.

38 minutes ago, BritTim said:

If you have a 12-month permission to stay, you must make address reports every 90 days, but are allowed to stay until the end of your permission to stay. If you then wish to stay longer, you must apply for a further extension of your permission to stay.

I know what permission to stay extensions are, Iam on a 2 year one.

My question is about visa's. I thought they are valid for 12 months but require a border bounce every 90 days.

On 9/23/2020 at 7:13 PM, BritTim said:

These days, almost all kinds of visas and extensions that used to require a trip to Bangkok can now be processed at local immigration offices. However, in many cases, they are taken under consideration, and approved at division level.

Had to get a thai lawyer involved as the IO did NOT want to give me a vol visa at BKK Imm ... yrs ago

On 9/24/2020 at 7:27 AM, Don Mega said:

These 12 month visa's... is a border bounce required every 90 days ?

would suck to be not let back in due to WuFlu  !!

The 1 year volunteer visa does not require 90 day border bounces, it would only require you to do 90 day reporting (which some agents can assist you with as well).

• Like 2

On 9/24/2020 at 8:11 AM, Don Mega said:

My question is about visa's. I thought they are valid for 12 months but require a border bounce every 90 days.

I don't think you understand what permission of stay means.  As far as I know, there is no such thing as a 2 year permission of stay.  If there is, it is extremely uncommon.  The max permission of stay is usually 12 months

On 9/24/2020 at 8:11 AM, Don Mega said:

Unfortunately, there is always confusion over the terms "visa" and "permission to stay". Too many people use the word "visa" to apply to both. Let's try to clear up some of the confusion. If someone refers to a one year visa from immigration, they usually mean an extension of stay. Any reference to a "visa" from immigration of more than 90 days either means an extension of your permission to stay directly, or a single entry Non Immigrant visa giving a 90-day stay, followed by one or more subsequent extensions of your permission to stay.

There is no such animal as a multiple entry visa issued by immigration here in Thailand. The only exception is that you can get the Thailand Elite visas in country which is a multiple entry visa.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

I don't think you understand what permission of stay means.  As far as I know, there is no such thing as a 2 year permission of stay.  If there is, it is extremely uncommon.  The max permission of stay is usually 12 months

Boi company employment. 2 year work permit and 2 year permission to stay extension.

On 9/23/2020 at 3:58 PM, DrJack54 said:

I was being quoted 37k up until two days ago...

Price in tourist havens may have been 50k. But normal price, 37k.

18 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

I was being quoted 37k up until two days ago...

Price in tourist havens may have been 50k. But normal price, 37k.

could you share details please? 37K for 3/12/15 months? Which agency? I'm also on a tourist extension...looking at options in case there isn't an announcement in the next 15 days