90-Mins To Get Stamped: My Experience at MTT Today

1 minute ago, Jackcwba said:

Thanks for sharing your experience,

just curious how does one go by using the photocopy machine or get someone to print something there before sitting down and getting a queue number?

I am not sure as I did not have need for it. Unfortunately, I also did not ask. I wonder if it might be in the building next door...but I'm not too sure. I read a report earlier this week of someone that did use a service right nearby...something about 10baht per copy though...when it should really be 1-2 baht at a normal service center.

5 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

I am not sure as I did not have need for it. Unfortunately, I also did not ask. I wonder if it might be in the building next door...but I'm not too sure. I read a report earlier this week of someone that did use a service right nearby...something about 10baht per copy though...when it should really be 1-2 baht at a normal service center.

I had to go to Counter J for my TR60 (building next door to K) and the copy shop was at the ground floor as soon as you walk in. Didn’t use it either but did see a sign with their LINE id, so I’m assuming you can send over any missing docs/screenshots from your phone & they’ll print it out for you too

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

You come back to this same place on your return date listed on the stamp to get your "permitted to stay until" stamped on for 26-Oct.

And your return date is? Or did you get the 26 Oct stamp date?

Great report, this will help people this week, and at the end of Oct, Nov, Dec...

Edited by mtls2005
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So in theory you should be able to get another letter, and on 21 Oct get the 26 Oct stamp, and then apply for another extension on that same day?

Nobody has tried this yet but I’m sure we’ll know more later this month. 

Also worth a shot - someone on a FB group mentioned they used their embassy extension BEFORE their regular 30 day extension, and were told by the IO that the regular 30 days should be able to used anyway, and that the embassy extension doesn’t replace that in any way. It’s certainly anecdotal so would take it with a pinch of salt but that might be worth trying too whenever you go back. 

worst case - Don Muang isn’t far, get stamped and head straight to the airport to catch a flight to a ‘friendly’ IO like CM and get your second extension there. All the issues with unfriendly I/Os and staff giving half-baked or completely false information is only coming from Bangkok at the moment..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

So in theory you should be able to get another letter, and on 21 Oct get the 26 Oct stamp, and then apply for another extension on that same day?

In theory, yes. But it depends if rules haven't changed by then (e.g. no more embassy letters accepted, etc.). I asked the lady who returned my passport, and she said of course it can be done the same day, assuming no revision to the rules of allowed extensions.

Edited by audaciousnomad

24 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

In theory, yes. But it depends if rules haven't changed by then (e.g. no more embassy letters accepted, etc.). I asked the lady who returned my passport, and she said of course it can be done the same day, assuming no revision to the rules of allowed extensions.

Right, but what would that procedure look like?

Maybe just ignore your 21st 'under consideration' stamp.

Make the appointment and show up with all same paperwork.

Step through the checks as normal and apply for the new extension.

I guess if they're going to approve you until the 26th anyway, they won't mind also stamping for another 3 week (embassy backed) extension.

I just wonder if it will be that smooth (assuming nothing changes before then).

5 minutes ago, ratchetcrank said:

Right, but what would that procedure look like?

Maybe just ignore your 21st 'under consideration' stamp.

Make the appointment and show up with all same paperwork.

Step through the checks as normal and apply for the new extension.

I guess if they're going to approve you until the 26th anyway, they won't mind also stamping for another 3 week (embassy backed) extension.

I just wonder if it will be that smooth (assuming nothing changes before then).

Or...bring all extension docs, and get 2 new stamps:  1st stamp is 26-Oct(to close the loop of the 21-Oct Under Consideration).  2nd stamp is a NEW Under Consideration for 20-Nov ???
I think this would be the most expedient, aside from simply giving the 30-day straight away(eliminating the whole under consideration step). ???? 

4 hours ago, tabbycat said:

Nobody has tried this yet but I’m sure we’ll know more later this month. 

Also worth a shot - someone on a FB group mentioned they used their embassy extension BEFORE their regular 30 day extension, and were told by the IO that the regular 30 days should be able to used anyway, and that the embassy extension doesn’t replace that in any way. It’s certainly anecdotal so would take it with a pinch of salt but that might be worth trying too whenever you go back. 

worst case - Don Muang isn’t far, get stamped and head straight to the airport to catch a flight to a ‘friendly’ IO like CM and get your second extension there. All the issues with unfriendly I/Os and staff giving half-baked or completely false information is only coming from Bangkok at the moment..

with all those gambles and time spent...why not just move to a long term ext?

I am doing that for my girl next round....IF we can get what we thought was a simple stamp this time.

23 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

with all those gambles and time spent...why not just move to a long term ext?

I am doing that for my girl next round....IF we can get what we thought was a simple stamp this time.

Some here would prefer to go "month-by-month" until some new options(neighboring countries?) open up.  Getting a long-stay for them is like signing a one-year lease when you are not sure if you will be needing to move sooner. Yes, that flexibility cuts both ways(they could deny future 30-day extensions)....but it is what it is. 

Just now, Bender Rodriguez said:

again with so many businesses closing, how come they could not use a big place IN THE CITY for all this

In April or May they used the school near the Tai/Second Rd junction but the kids are in it now.

The Malls were suggested at that time too, but are of course are open now.

Can you think of other suitable venues that are available. City Hall perhaps, kick out the waste of space in there now?

43 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

Are they accepting the embassy letter printed in B/W ?

My uk embassy letter is all black and white anyway apart from the uk embassy stamp its blue. I don’t think it makes a difference - and if they call you out on it you can just show them it in your phone that it’s legit 

6 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

My uk embassy letter is all black and white anyway apart from the uk embassy stamp its blue. I don’t think it makes a difference - and if they call you out on it you can just show them it in your phone that it’s legit 

I'd argue the stamp is the most important part. Anyway, I saw others being told to come back with colour copies at Counter J, so just relaying my personal experience. They also require the email from the embassy which contained the letter attachment, and showing it to them on your phone was not sufficient then, either. The email printout is also with Immigration, I'm assuming checking for authenticity, as I didn't get it back from the officer who stamped me.

Edited by tabbycat

50 minutes ago, tabbycat said:

I'd argue the stamp is the most important part. Anyway, I saw others being told to come back with colour copies at Counter J, so just relaying my personal experience. They also require the email from the embassy which contained the letter attachment, and showing it to them on your phone was not sufficient then, either. The email printout is also with Immigration, I'm assuming checking for authenticity, as I didn't get it back from the officer who stamped me.

they move the goal line every day it seems.

49 minutes ago, Deserted said:

You did well. I went at 10.30am and left just before 2pm, I was number 369.

at least they served you and gave you one.  We did pattaya, getting there before 8am.  by 9am they sent everyone home.
Said they will only process 100 daily.

We slinked around till after 11 hoping they'd let a few more slide in with no luck.

Too much to ask for them to work a full day I guess?

Going to have to camp out tonight, or travel and lose a day of work to go to bangkok, or spend 18k tomorrow...

No pleasant answer.

Although if anyone knows a person that would like paid to campout and hold a place in line for a night...I have a job opening ????

1 hour ago, tabbycat said:

I had the email also. But they didn't keep it.  They thumbed through everything, and removed the email(which they did not even read) and any other extra stuff and gave it back to me. So I don't know if that requirement is consistently being applied. *shrug*

For anyone coming from out of town into Bangkok to do their extension, there is a hotel right across the street from the immigration building. It sits at the roundabout about 100m east of the back gate that is in my map picture in the original post.  Here is the direct link. https://g.page/ibisBangkokImpact?share

Even if you are elsewhere (e.g. Pattaya, Huahin, etc.), when you check-in to the hotel they will update a TM30 for you online, so I don't believe it will be a problem to come here and to an extension(my opinion).  Just make sure to make a booking appointment (They DO NOT take walk-ins, and they WILL check that you have a booking). http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

Edited by audaciousnomad

Just curious - I haven’t lived in BKK for a long while, thankfully I’m on a Marriage extension.

1. How far is it to get to MTT, approx cost and time. I remember the office was in Suan Plu or somewhere then moved to CW which was far enough. Now MTT ..

2. When they stamp the consideration + extension you are talking about using 1 page every month? 

Sounds like a nightmare. 

Edited by recom273

3 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Just curious - I haven’t lived in BKK for a long while.

1. How far is it to get to MTT, approx cost and time. I remember the office was in Suan Plu or somewhere then moved to CW which was far enough. Now MTT ..

2. When they stamp the consideration + extension you are talking about using 1 page every month? 

Sounds like a nightmare. 

1. It's up north yes...farther than CW. It's just north of the IMPACT Arena & Exhibition Center. If you use Grab/Taxi, tell them that.

2. I believe the answer is YES.