90-Mins To Get Stamped: My Experience at MTT Today

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to share my experience getting my extension today at Muang Thong Thani. VITALS: Visa Exempt Tourist(U.S.A.) Already Extended one-time before covid outbreak began Emb

I had to go to Counter J for my TR60 (building next door to K) and the copy shop was at the ground floor as soon as you walk in. Didn’t use it either but did see a sign with their LINE id, so I’m assu

And your return date is? Or did you get the 26 Oct stamp date?   Great report, this will help people this week, and at the end of Oct, Nov, Dec...

Posted Images

Thanks for sharing your experience,

just curious how does one go by using the photocopy machine or get someone to print something there before sitting down and getting a queue number?

1 minute ago, Jackcwba said:

Thanks for sharing your experience,

just curious how does one go by using the photocopy machine or get someone to print something there before sitting down and getting a queue number?

I am not sure as I did not have need for it. Unfortunately, I also did not ask. I wonder if it might be in the building next door...but I'm not too sure. I read a report earlier this week of someone that did use a service right nearby...something about 10baht per copy though...when it should really be 1-2 baht at a normal service center.

5 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

I am not sure as I did not have need for it. Unfortunately, I also did not ask. I wonder if it might be in the building next door...but I'm not too sure. I read a report earlier this week of someone that did use a service right nearby...something about 10baht per copy though...when it should really be 1-2 baht at a normal service center.

I had to go to Counter J for my TR60 (building next door to K) and the copy shop was at the ground floor as soon as you walk in. Didn’t use it either but did see a sign with their LINE id, so I’m assuming you can send over any missing docs/screenshots from your phone & they’ll print it out for you too

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

You come back to this same place on your return date listed on the stamp to get your "permitted to stay until" stamped on for 26-Oct.

And your return date is? Or did you get the 26 Oct stamp date?

Great report, this will help people this week, and at the end of Oct, Nov, Dec...

Edited by mtls2005
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

And your return date is? Or did you get the 26 Oct stamp date?

Great report, this will help people this week, and at the end of Nov, Dec...

Stamped: Under Consideration (Return on 21-Oct)

48 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Stamped: Under Consideration (Return on 21-Oct)

So in theory you should be able to get another letter, and on 21 Oct get the 26 Oct stamp, and then apply for another extension on that same day?

44 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

So in theory you should be able to get another letter, and on 21 Oct get the 26 Oct stamp, and then apply for another extension on that same day?

Nobody has tried this yet but I’m sure we’ll know more later this month. 

Also worth a shot - someone on a FB group mentioned they used their embassy extension BEFORE their regular 30 day extension, and were told by the IO that the regular 30 days should be able to used anyway, and that the embassy extension doesn’t replace that in any way. It’s certainly anecdotal so would take it with a pinch of salt but that might be worth trying too whenever you go back. 

worst case - Don Muang isn’t far, get stamped and head straight to the airport to catch a flight to a ‘friendly’ IO like CM and get your second extension there. All the issues with unfriendly I/Os and staff giving half-baked or completely false information is only coming from Bangkok at the moment..

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

In theory, yes. But it depends if rules haven't changed by then (e.g. no more embassy letters accepted, etc.). I asked the lady who returned my passport, and she said of course it can be done the same day, assuming no revision to the rules of allowed extensions.

Edited by audaciousnomad
24 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

In theory, yes. But it depends if rules haven't changed by then (e.g. no more embassy letters accepted, etc.). I asked the lady who returned my passport, and she said of course it can be done the same day, assuming no revision to the rules of allowed extensions.

Right, but what would that procedure look like?

Maybe just ignore your 21st 'under consideration' stamp.

Make the appointment and show up with all same paperwork.

Step through the checks as normal and apply for the new extension.

I guess if they're going to approve you until the 26th anyway, they won't mind also stamping for another 3 week (embassy backed) extension.

I just wonder if it will be that smooth (assuming nothing changes before then).

5 minutes ago, ratchetcrank said:

Right, but what would that procedure look like?

Maybe just ignore your 21st 'under consideration' stamp.

Make the appointment and show up with all same paperwork.

Step through the checks as normal and apply for the new extension.

I guess if they're going to approve you until the 26th anyway, they won't mind also stamping for another 3 week (embassy backed) extension.

I just wonder if it will be that smooth (assuming nothing changes before then).

Or...bring all extension docs, and get 2 new stamps:  1st stamp is 26-Oct(to close the loop of the 21-Oct Under Consideration).  2nd stamp is a NEW Under Consideration for 20-Nov ???
I think this would be the most expedient, aside from simply giving the 30-day straight away(eliminating the whole under consideration step). 🙂 

4 hours ago, tabbycat said:

Nobody has tried this yet but I’m sure we’ll know more later this month. 

Also worth a shot - someone on a FB group mentioned they used their embassy extension BEFORE their regular 30 day extension, and were told by the IO that the regular 30 days should be able to used anyway, and that the embassy extension doesn’t replace that in any way. It’s certainly anecdotal so would take it with a pinch of salt but that might be worth trying too whenever you go back. 

worst case - Don Muang isn’t far, get stamped and head straight to the airport to catch a flight to a ‘friendly’ IO like CM and get your second extension there. All the issues with unfriendly I/Os and staff giving half-baked or completely false information is only coming from Bangkok at the moment..

with all those gambles and time spent...why not just move to a long term ext?

I am doing that for my girl next round....IF we can get what we thought was a simple stamp this time.

23 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

with all those gambles and time spent...why not just move to a long term ext?

I am doing that for my girl next round....IF we can get what we thought was a simple stamp this time.

Some here would prefer to go "month-by-month" until some new options(neighboring countries?) open up.  Getting a long-stay for them is like signing a one-year lease when you are not sure if you will be needing to move sooner. Yes, that flexibility cuts both ways(they could deny future 30-day extensions)....but it is what it is.