90-Mins To Get Stamped: My Experience at MTT Today

*IMPORTANT*

If you are far away and come to Bangkok to do your extension, be aware that you will have to come back to Bangkok to get the Under Consideration converted to the final stamp. Unfortunately, that will mean an extra trip from wherever you come from.  The last minute folks are going to have a lot of hassles/hoops because of this. ???? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

If you can get the blank forms can you take them in pre-filled?  or are they using variants?

TM7, STM2, Overstay Penalties Acknowledgement

They got new ones making you sign about what will happen if you ever overstay.

18 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

Thanks for sharing your experience,

just curious how does one go by using the photocopy machine or get someone to print something there before sitting down and getting a queue number?

Should  have all the copies/forms before arriving but if not in the building across from the one shown has copy and photo machine ,they close before 4:30 PM and I had to comeback Wensday with copies I did from my own printer only to have the male IO tell me I don't need those. HMMM but the lady IO did say she would give me a 60 day extension to visit my wife if I brought a new Kor 2. I decided not to as I will go Monday to convert this tourist extension to a retirement visa as I have all the paperwork and funds

6 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

Are they accepting the embassy letter printed in B/W ?

Yes. I just printed mine in B&W. They were very matter-of-fact today, just got on with processing as many extensions as possible I guess.

Just so you know, the gate by the walkway as indicated in the arrow in the photo below, was shut at 11:00AM this morning. There was no one there to open it. Not even a little gap for people to walk through. A few taxis showed up at the same time all wondering how to get in. For future reference, if the gate is shut, you will have to go around, take the access road at the back of the soccer field and the Thunderdome to get to it. Google map is no good on this.

image.png.00ee4fca2f45785ec860ebbc3c827961.png

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fibonaqi said:

Just so you know, the gate by the walkway as indicated in the arrow in the photo below, was shut at 11:00AM this morning. There was no one there to open it. Not even a little gap for people to walk through. A few taxis showed up at the same time all wondering how to get in. For future reference, if the gate is shut, you will have to go around, take the access road at the back of the soccer field and the Thunderdome to get to it. Google map is no good on this.

So this morning some people must have been Mad Max when they discovered they would need to go Beyond Thunderdome.  ???? 

• Like 1