Initial STV Application Instruction from Thailand Longstay Company

3 hours ago, CanuckThai said:

Interesting that this isn't a Thai government immigration address.  Is this becoming the CV sideline for a few officials?

Why would immigration have anything to do with this? They are not a tourist company. Think of them as the police instead. But only within Thai borders. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well if this visa gets me home to Thailand to see the wife and allows me to stay in Thailand for 90 days to start with then Im all for it. Some simply cannot afford the cost to quarantine in a ho

If any rich tourist really does take part in this, they are going to be very disappointed. They will not be arriving in the happy fun Thailand they're imagining. I'm on Samui. It's a ghost town. It's

I spoke with and received some initial application information for the New STV Visa from the Thailand Longstay Company and thought I would post it here for anyone wanting a little more information. Pl

Posted Images

6 hours ago, ehgnyc said:

If any rich tourist really does take part in this, they are going to be very disappointed. They will not be arriving in the happy fun Thailand they're imagining. I'm on Samui. It's a ghost town. It's not going to be hard to keep the tourists in their resorts because there are few other places to go, and those are barely hanging on. And even the most insensitive tourist will not be able to miss that the locals are sad and frightened. Not a good look.

"locals are sad and frightened. Not a good look."

Come to Pattaya/Jomtien,then. No locals have big money, but looking sad or/and frightened is not the case. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Dan O said:

The way I was told is you do the items from #1 : pic of passport, and name, home location , and closest embassy. Longstay company sends that for initial approval or denial, based on your information and country location.

If accepted that just allows you to receive the application for the STV. After they receive the application it is again submitted for semi-approval, (its not final at this point but very promising) and they supply you with the flight, ASQ info, insurance info etc.  After you choose the hotel, flight, insurance etc, and pay for those you send those documents back to Long stay Company. They then get another level of confirmation that you are on track with document process and send your info to embassy for COE and Visa to be issued.

At this point you need to get the Fit to Fly and Covid test within 3 days of departure, they are a little vague here because the final regs have not yet been approved.   

The 10,000 baht fee is the Longstay Company fee. You still have to pay for the Visa direct thru the Embassy. you have no option here from what they told me as the STV visa is only available thru approved Travel Agencies which Longstay is one and there may be others.  

Again, all of this is the beginning point info and parts or all may change or be added after the final rule is approved and published. 

To me, the list look like the requirements for the suggested Phuket model which was binned. The requirements that was presented last week or so was tougher incl proof of funds, proper funds for at least 90 days and they mentioned 5 star hotels in Bkk only. Maybe they realized that it wasn't doable. 

still NO info on flight costs and how the 100/flight will get to Bangkok ( via from where?)
how many airlines are willing to operate at a loss as flying 100 passengers is hardly even breaking even
OR cost for the 15 night stay and at which hotel and are the hotels ONLY in Bangkok?

Edited by zzzzz
10 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Why would immigration have anything to do with this? They are not a tourist company. Think of them as the police instead. But only within Thai borders. 

I'm not an applicant, nor will I be.  There's a lot of quirky news about the newly proposed/offered STV.  One would assume that an application or inquiry could be discussed directly with one's local Thai embassy/consulate.  I'm guessing it would follow suit with a repatriation flight request (until international flights resume).  That's why it's a bit odd, to be paying for the service of the "Thailand Longstay Company".   

It gives the same greasy feeling, I had, when I was directed to book and pay for my repatriation flight, through an "appointed agent" in Bangkok, at 3-4 times the going rate, that the flight booked directly with the same airline would have been.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

For some retirees this might be the only option to get back to Thailand for a while, there is no indication when Thailand will open for them, at least this would get you in for 270 days, i can see it being used assuming you are from a country that fits the rules, looks like most of Europe wont be on the list,

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

how many airlines are willing to operate at a loss as flying 100 passengers is hardly even breaking even

12 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

That's why it's a bit odd, to be paying for the service of the "Thailand Longstay Company".   

No airline is willing to operate at a loss; and they are not asked to. Thailand wants the visitors to use chartered flights because there virtually are no scheduled flights at the moment.

The demand to use an agent like Thailand Longstay Company is because of this (and maybe for other reasons too). The agent will arrange a chartered flight and all other practical matters.

Edited by farang51
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Farangstyle said:

No doubt this process will change as all things Thai Government seem to do but this was forwarded to my by a Thai friend yesterday.

As the title of the infographic says, it is a draft and it is for this reason that it will change. Nothing to do with your deprecating comment about "all things Thai Government seems to do".

6 hours ago, CanuckThai said:

Interesting that this isn't a Thai government immigration address.  Is this becoming the CV sideline for a few officials?

What does a CV (curriculum vitae) have to do with all this?

9 hours ago, tabbycat said:

You hear any news about foreigners being able to stay and quarantine in their own homes if they can provide evidence, for example, home ownership documents? They had announced this in the initial infamous infographic that we saw across the media but it seems that they have quietly removed that option and are forcing everyone to stay in ASQ, which is going to be a dealbreaker for anyone else in this kind of situation.

Forcing homeowners to pay the equivalent of a months worth of rent++ to stay for 14 days in some obscure hotel rather than their own home is not going to go down well with anyone

What is so difficult to understand about this? Do you want to pay a couple policemen guarding your condo instead?

It should be pretty obvious that you can't trust people to keep their quarantine requirements so how do you want to let people stay at their own home? Use public elevators etc. You think other condo owners/occupants and building management want you in their building?

6 hours ago, Pottinger said:

Thanks for posting the requirements.

It is important to note that these are not the actual requirements, just a draft of them, and the OP made this quite clear. 

If it is the intention to put the STV into effect on 1 October 2020 as I read somewhere, whatever government agencies and private organisations are in charge of this had better hurry. 

• Like 2

Good info, thanks for it. This is way better option than applying Elite visa and still go through ASQ and everything else. Some of my friends will go for this once all the details are out.

What's the FB group where is recent information coming to Thailand?