Initial STV Application Instruction from Thailand Longstay Company

2 minutes ago, Dan O said:

The information I posted is accurate and directly from Thailand Longstay Company, the company that has the ability to process your documents and assist in the interface with the Thai Immigration and other departments.  They have a fee for the service they supply aside to any Visa fees. 

I stand by what I posted. Perhaps you may have missed something I posted but it's all there for you review if needed. 

You seem to have trouble reading.

Yes - they do have a fee and that's a total scam operation. This is a way for the government / TAT to masquerade another cash grab by trying to make it look like this payment is going to a private entity which in reality is just a letterbox enterprise down the hall. The entire process is convoluted garbage.

1 hour ago, FlyingThai said:

Have you even paid or gotten any payment information? Highly doubt they'll do anything without seeing the moolah.

There's nothing to pay for yet. I posted the current information at the Top of this Post, but it's not final. The final rules have not been approved and published yet for this visa. Until those rules or guidance are officially approved and issued you can not even apply via an Agency. 

Hopefully there will be more info after Tuesday next week. 

1 hour ago, FlyingThai said:

You seem to have trouble reading.

Yes - they do have a fee and that's a total scam operation. This is a way for the government / TAT to masquerade another cash grab by trying to make it look like this payment is going to a private entity which in reality is just a letterbox enterprise down the hall. The entire process is convoluted garbage.

Im not the one having problems reading. Thanks for your input

On 9/24/2020 at 8:06 AM, Farangstyle said:

Well if this visa gets me home to Thailand to see the wife and allows me to stay in Thailand for 90 days to start with then Im all for it.

Some simply cannot afford the cost to quarantine in a hotel on a pension unfortunately. I have been forced to stay in Australia for the past 7 months and have just been granted an exemption so i can finally leave Australia and would jump through fire to get back home to Thailand and the wife.

After all its the place I call home.

Now to wait and see how many times i need to jump through the hoops to get home.????

You are better off applying at your embassy now. If you have a marriage certification from Thailand you qualify. I just went through the process... it takes some laser focus diligence to get through the process, but the thai embassy (mine was Los Angeles) guided me through it. They are getting much more efficient at it now. The original uncertainties, like we are seeing with this STV, are being abated as the process has developed since it first started. As I see it, this "travel agency" is basically doing some of the organization of it all... but that is really it. I would say the real sticking point is the 72 hour covid test right before you board the plane. If that comes up positive, like a false positive, they you are apparently out some big money with this STV. I was able to only put a down payment for the ASQ hotel and not even purchase the flight until I got my test results back. As it is currently being presented, It does not appear you have this option with this STV process... 

3 hours ago, FlyingThai said:

You can take it or leave it bro. You're complaints here are pointless. I suspect, having just gone through the process myself of returning to Thailand (Non-O "thai wife"), that the few embassies that are still open processing these VISAs, are a bit overwhelmed with the applicants constant questions and need to be guided through the process. If this is true, this will only be exacerbated by any new VISA process attempting to control this covid situation. You could be entirely correct, but this "travel agency" who ever is benefiting from the 10,000 baht fee is set up to help guide you, is going to be a facilitator, to help get through the process. In the overall expense of returning to Thailand right now, $300.00 is a drop in the bucket and not really worthy of you bitching about it. As I see it, unless you are a criminal, you will be granted into the next step of application. If there are any real legit concerns with this right now, it would be what re-imbusement/refund will be given should anyone get through the majority of the process only to not be able to ultimately come for any reason. The big reason for me would be getting a positive, false or otherwise, on that covid test 72 hours before you fly. 

Edited by Tounge Thaied
spelling and content
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

You can take or leave it bro. You're complaints here are pointless. I suspect, having just gone through the process of returning to Thailand (Non-O "thai wife"), that the few embassies that are still open processing these VISAs, are a bit overwhelmed with the applicants constant questions and need to be guided through the process. This "travel agency" who ever is benefiting from the 10,000 baht fee is set up to help guide you through the process. In the overall expense of returning to Thailand right now, $300.00 is a drop in the bucket and not worthy of you bitching about it. 

you sound so arrogant !. And his complain is right. something is not important for you is for some people worthy. 10000 is not cheap just for process to apply and that is not included visa. You have to pay 2000 more for that STV.

Edited by alianware

1 minute ago, alianware said:

you sounds so arrogant !. And his complain is right. something is not important for you is for some people worthy. 10000 is not cheap just for process to apply and that is not included visa. You have to pay 2000 more for that STV.

You're missing the context of this new STV. The Thai government has made it clear they are currently focusing on a process to manage both the concerns of covid and a starting point or pathway back into Thailand. They have made it clear they are first going to focus on the wealthier, or persons that can afford this process... This is there approach and is not arrogant to simply state the fact of the matter. I edited my original comment below:

You can take it or leave it bro. You're complaints here are pointless. I suspect, having just gone through the process myself of returning to Thailand (Non-O "thai wife"), that the few embassies that are still open processing these VISAs, are a bit overwhelmed with the applicants constant questions and need to be guided through the process. If this is true, this will only be exacerbated by any new VISA process attempting to control this covid situation. You could be entirely correct, but this "travel agency" who ever is benefiting from the 10,000 baht fee is set up to help guide you, is going to be a facilitator, to help get through the process. In the overall expense of returning to Thailand right now, $300.00 is a drop in the bucket and not really worthy of you bitching about it. As I see it, unless you are a criminal, you will be granted into the next step of application. If there are any real legit concerns with this right now, it would be what re-imbusement/refund will be given should anyone get through the majority of the process only to not be able to ultimately come for any reason. The big reason for me would be getting a positive, false or otherwise, on that covid test 72 hours before you fly. 

1 minute ago, Tounge Thaied said:

You're missing the context of this new STV. The Thai government has made it clear they are currently focusing on a process to manage both the concerns of covid and a starting point or pathway back into Thailand. They have made it clear they are first going to focus on the wealthier, or persons that can afford this process... This is there approach and is not arrogant to simply state the fact of the matter. I edited my original comment below:

I don't have any problem what Thai Gov. will do. It's their country. They can close it forever or look only for conglomerate if they want to. But as a person from a modern civilization country like you and me with a modern and social thinking, we know that this is wrong. And we call it discrimination. 

But remember every country have diplomatic relationship each other and that is signed under agreement. Countries should treat other citizens in equal way each other. If our country do the same thing like what they are doing, they will not be happy as well.

10 minutes ago, alianware said:

And we call it discrimination. 

You are right. This is a form of discrimination. I would call this STV their second step in the re-opening process. They are currently discriminating against those that have the resources to complete the current process and those that do not. It is obvious this is not a solution to the current tourism issue. Should this process be managed well, the next iteration of the tourist visa will likely have less restrictions. 

Edited by Tounge Thaied
spelling and content
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, farang51 said:

Thailand Longstay Company has updated their website with a page about STV. So far, the information is the same as the one posted earlier in this subject.

http://www.thailongstay.co.th/stv_visa.html

Interestingly, they changed it to "at least 30 days" from "at least 90 days." If I end up availing this, I will probably end up staying ~60 days, so it's nice to know I won't have to pay for a month of accommodation I won't end up using.

At any rate, it's good to know.

I wonder how flights will work. They said they will arrange "three special charter flights" to kick this off, but something tells me the demand for this scheme (which I imagine will be very small indeed) will be scattered—a little bit here, a little bit there.

I wonder if they might just let travelers hop on existing charter flights. I wonder how many are even still operating? The ones I've seen TG advertise on Twitter only seem to be going ex-BKK...

22 minutes ago, ifeelitall said:

I wonder how flights will work. They said they will arrange "three special charter flights" to kick this off, but something tells me the demand for this scheme (which I imagine will be very small indeed) will be scattered—a little bit here, a little bit there.

I wonder if they might just let travelers hop on existing charter flights.

There are no existing charter flights you can book. I believe one of the main reasons they demand using an agent is to have someone to arrange charter flights to bring the visa holders to Thailand.

Hopefully, we will know more Tuesday or Wednesday next week about the flights and other details. They have thrown a lot of stuff on the wall to see what will stick, one of them a 100 passenger limit which will make the flights needlessly expensive. The highest risk for contamination is not on the plane, as I understand it, as they use air filters with operation room quality.

I think that the scheme will be popular; that the demand will be much bigger than the offering. Although, depending on the details.

Edited by farang51

20 minutes ago, ifeelitall said:

What they might do is have the flights from a airport near here that is open for most people and it would be up to them to make arrangements for flights to those airports.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

What they might do is have the flights from a airport near here that is open for most people and it would be up to them to make arrangements for flights to those airports.

Where might that be?  Virtually every country in Asia is closed.  The closest plausible countries for such a scheme would be in Europe.

9 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

Where might that be?  Virtually every country in Asia is closed.  The closest plausible countries for such a scheme would be in Europe.

I wrote airports not countries. There are countries that are allowing transiting passengers.

Japan

image.png.deacbea49ffcec410438948718d8682f.png

South Korea

image.png.a8d5805a4cecfc4afb5de67cc4401706.png

UAE with restrictions.

image.png.76edefd9082ddacbcccd769a81844a0a.png

image.png.931ba9f246a68be1c76ee4a86d3b5452.png

image.png.0bbdd6c46bc1937749faf3f922544efd.png

Source: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

There are probably more that allow transit passengers.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

And I wonder if you are now only required to Pre-Pay in advance for only 30 days now instead of 90?

According to what was posted from Thailand Longstay Company you pay for ASQ for the quarantine and also show paid lodging for 15 days after quarantine unless you show a lease or own a condo.  That's just the initial info that has not been officially approved yet so that could change 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 8:26 PM, tabbycat said:

Sounds like far too much trouble. This will not go well and I expect the STV to quietly become obsolete whenever Thailand does a soft reopening of their borders next year 

Its not official yet but the indications so far if and when it becomes official they have already stated it will be available for a year, I believe they said to Sept 2021. Any or all the guidelines can be changed as they work thru the approval process.