Louisville police officers cleared of criminal charges in Breonna Taylor death

webfact

9 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

There were no drugs found, so why "low lifes"??

Reading this posters comments ... this comment is not surprising. Sorry, 
I need to clarify I am referring to Bodga.

Edited by wwest5829
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, bodga said:

what makes  him unqualified, he was voted in, whether you  like  him or  not.

First ... no, he was not voted in by the majority of the citizen votes cast in the 2016 election. The list of documented incompetent words, policies and actions are well documented. He, and many of his followers take pride that he had no governing experience ... unless you are claiming top down executive management style is somehow applicable to leading the US as an participatory democracy.

1 hour ago, DJ54 said:

Police Officers put their lives in danger every time the suit up most a bullet proof is part of their uniform. It’s a dangerous job one I would not want. Yes are some bad cops but we can’t paint all with the same brush. 

There are a larger percentage of good cops. 

If i were serving a warrant and fired upon I’d return fire.. wouldn’t stand there wait and ask what they had for dinner.... 

Two police officers in Los Angeles in squad car someone walked up and fired on them...  it’s a dangerous job... give them credit when due,,

Absolutely, support and defend those who support and defend us. That does not preclude demanding excellent recruitment, training and weeding out those suffering from testosterone poisoning. The “no knock warrants” are also something to be done away with in the police reforms. Anyone with knowledge of how many guns are in homes for self defense would know this was fraught with issues.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Unless I am confronted with an undeniable truth, I mostly believe the version of an event which suits me the best. 

I believe most of us are like that. 

Yes, that is the reason the a Governor has called for a release of the evidence. Personally, I want to know more about, “There was "no conclusive" evidence that any of Hankison's bullets struck Taylor, Cameron said. The grand jury indicted him for wantonly placing the neighbors in danger," Cameron said“. And here ?I thought ballistics tests when you had the gun and the slugs fired there would be undeniable evidence matching the two of denying the same.

7 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

You are correct. The boyfriend that shot at the cops is not the (ex) boyfriend that the cops had a warrant for. 

Feel free to delete my post saying otherwise. I was 

6 hours ago, donnacha said:

It is tragic that the shooters don't understand how each incident like this nudges tens of thousands of votes towards the Republicans.

The Democrats think that the chaos will help them, and I understand their thinking, but I have a hunch they are miscalculating the cumulative effect of this stuff.

Hello? Kentucky Democrat here. I certainly do not promote shooting those who protect and defend but Nor do I prefer to see chaos but I understand the pent up frustration/anger at having injustice survive for so long with repeated public incidents that are well documented. Yes, I agree, we all want to live a life in a secure environment. That is why the “law and order” call sells so well and the a Republicans take advantage rather than dealing with why there is frustration and anger. I am old enough to recall that call before by Nixon and Agnew ... before both resigned in disgrace. Thus, the madness will continue until the underlying issue is addressed.

6 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

I think mainstream democrats know this is gonna hurt them, that’s why they’ve recently been on the record about it, but the cats out of the bag and there’s nothing they can do without enraging the very people they’ve been giving cover to. 

There’s plenty of people in the USA and on this board, who consider what’s going on a “consequence” that will only stop when they get their way. 

Sad state of affairs isn’t it. 

Until we get our way ... yep! You know... and equal justice for all ... damned right. How long has this been called for and denied? You are correct it will continue until the sad state of affairs is addressed.

3 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Hello? Kentucky Democrat here. I certainly do not promote shooting those who protect and defend but Nor do I prefer to see chaos

Yes, sorry, by Democrats I did not mean the regular voters, I was referring to the strategy guys in DC, and I should have made that clear.

I believe they hope that they hope to juxtapose "Good old, slightly boring Joe" with the whirlwind that is Trump, multiplied by Covid. By prolonging the chaos in Democrat-cities cities such as Portland, simply by not allowing the city and state police to break it up as they would in an ordinary year, they hope that they can add to the sense of chaos and tip even likely Trump voters to vote, instead, for a return to "normality". 

10 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Yes, I agree, we all want to live a life in a secure environment. That is why the “law and order” call sells so well and the a Republicans take advantage rather than dealing with why there is frustration and anger.

That is where this strategy gets risky. Although the media are onboard, there is a danger that some likely Democrat voters may start to ask why it is only Democrat-run cities that are having this unprecedented problem, and if that thought spreads online, it could become a problem.

It also mean that they have to double-down on keeping Biden on script. Any gaff that highlights his slightly crazy side will run against the "safe pair of hands" narrative. So, they absolutely cannot agree to any debates with Trump, and that may cost they slightly, but they believe they will gain more overall from the "End the Trump Chaos" sentiment.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

The “no knock warrants” are also something to be done away with in the police reforms. Anyone with knowledge of how many guns are in homes for self defense would know this was fraught with issues.

Illogical.

While I agree they should not be deployed in most situations, no knock warrants make a lot of sense in situations in which the people in a building may have arms. Giving them time to grab their guns could increase the death count.

Remember, thanks to the official report, we now know that, despite all the rumors and outright lies, a no knock warrant was not used in this incident. The police knocked and identified themselves. The boyfriend heard them but, instead of opening the door, grabbed his gun.

In this particular case, if the police had a no knock warrant, they could have reached the bedroom before that idiot got to his gun, he would not have fired it, the police would not have fired back, and Breona would be alive today.

12 minutes ago, donnacha said:

Yes, sorry, by Democrats I did not mean the regular voters, I was referring to the strategy guys in DC, and I should have made that clear.

I believe they hope that they hope to juxtapose "Good old, slightly boring Joe" with the whirlwind that is Trump, multiplied by Covid. By prolonging the chaos in Democrat-cities cities such as Portland, simply by not allowing the city and state police to break it up as they would in an ordinary year, they hope that they can add to the sense of chaos and tip even likely Trump voters to vote, instead, for a return to "normality". 

That is where this strategy gets risky. Although the media are onboard, there is a danger that some likely Democrat voters may start to ask why it is only Democrat-run cities that are having this unprecedented problem, and if that thought spreads online, it could become a problem.

It also mean that they have to double-down on keeping Biden on script. Any gaff that highlights his slightly crazy side will run against the "safe pair of hands" narrative. So, they absolutely cannot agree to any debates with Trump, and that may cost they slightly, but they believe they will gain more overall from the "End the Trump Chaos" sentiment.

I doubt you have any actual access to the Democratic Party's strategists. The above is just the usual partisan fare. On the same level, but opposite direction, one could argue Trump fuels these conflicts, as it keeps some favorable talking points in circulation, while taking away attention from the Covid-19 situation.

Not sure if you're trying to claim that there is no Trump-related chaos (and that's not a specific reference to just the protests/riots thing), or that Trump doesn't have handlers of his own (regardless of how much they can convince him to play along).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, donnacha said:

Illogical.

While I agree they should not be deployed in most situations, no knock warrants make a lot of sense in situations in which the people in a building may have arms. Giving them time to grab their guns could increase the death count.

Remember, thanks to the official report, we now know that, despite all the rumors and outright lies, a no knock warrant was not used in this incident. The police knocked and identified themselves. The boyfriend heard them but, instead of opening the door, grabbed his gun.

In this particular case, if the police had a no knock warrant, they could have reached the bedroom before that idiot got to his gun, he would not have fired it, the police would not have fired back, and Breona would be alive today.

As a result of 5is specific case, Louisville banned the use of, “no knock warrants”. As to the police announcing, that is disputed so I await the response to the Governor’s call to release all evidence so we might get a clearer picture. As a Kentuckian who owned several guns and for several years held a CDWL, I assure you I would have had no hesitancy in firing on someone breaking into my home by force especially had I not heard any very loud announcement of police. This police action was faulty and thus the $12 million compensation. I have no doubt that this also played into the overall determination not to press criminal charges for causing death.

38 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

This police action was faulty and thus the $12 million compensation. I have no doubt that this also played into the overall determination not to press criminal charges for causing death.

Yes, IMO also, the fact that $12 million is being paid in compensation really does point to the police action being faulty at the very least.

• Like 1

Went to wrong house...shot and killed wrong (and totally innocent) person...but only charged with "endangering" neighbors?!?????Because a stray bullet, used to murder the wrong, innocent person in the wrong house...might have (but didn't) hit the wrong neighbors?!? :cheesy:

Un-<deleted>-believable!!! Be hilarious if wasn't so sad. ☹️

• Like 1

11 hours ago, donnacha said:

You have a right to be armed. You don't have a right to shoot at uniformed police officers after they have announced themselves and lawfully entered your home.

It was stated earlier that the police was not in uniform. Anyway, Walker knew what was coming for him as he stood ready in the hallway. ready to kill. Lousy shot anyway.

18 minutes ago, hugocnx said:

It was stated earlier that the police was not in uniform. Anyway, Walker knew what was coming for him as he stood ready in the hallway. ready to kill. Lousy shot anyway.

So you have personal knowledge of him, his motivations, past history?

Or just speculation on your part?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hugocnx said:

We do not allow the posting of false or misleading information.   Please post from a reliable source, that the police were not in uniform.  I have trouble believing that a group of police executing a no-knock warrant, whether the commander told them to announce themselves or not, would arrive without full tactical gear.  

How would anyone know it is really the police if they break down your door and enter with guns if they are not wearing uniforms?

7 hours ago, hugocnx said:

It was stated earlier that the police was not in uniform.

On any raid they would wear a version of their uniform suited to protective gear and being able to be easily identified to each other, members of the public, and any other police who might happen to show up. Think of the raid videos you have seen on YouTube, being in plainclothes wouldn't make any sense.

Edited by donnacha
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Scott said:

We do not allow the posting of false or misleading information.   Please post from a reliable source, that the police were not in uniform.  I have trouble believing that a group of police executing a no-knock warrant, whether the commander told them to announce themselves or not, would arrive without full tactical gear.  

How would anyone know it is really the police if they break down your door and enter with guns if they are not wearing uniforms?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/24/2020 at 5:52 AM, Mama Noodle said:

Remember: 

The narrative was that police were serving a no-knock warrant and entered the wrong house, unannounced. 

The reality is that they were serving a lawful warrant on the correct house, and announced themselves, and only when nobody answered the door did they enter by force, whereby the boyfriend shot at police. 

How does it feel, to be wromg...on every count?

The got a no-knock- warrant, based on lies, they already had the suspected drug- dealer under arrest, they DID NOT announce themselves, they bashed in the door and entered the appartment, they were not in uniform, their body- cameras were off...anything else, I can clear up for you?