English Owners Manual and Shop Manual for 2016 Fortuner

Mama Noodle

Can anyone guide me on where to either download or buy the massive owners manual for a 2016 Fortuner TRD Sportivo 4X4 in english? 

Also looking for a place to buy the Shop Manual for the same model. Toyota shop manuals are the full books the dealerships use for technical troubleshooting and part numbers etc. 

In the states you can easily buy shop manuals on Amazon, but ive been looking most of this morning and I cant find a reliable source for either. 

All the documentation that came with our Fortuner is in Thai and its too technical to get my wife to interpret for me. 

Truck is getting over 4 years old now and over 65k kilometers, so its time to pull away from Toyota services and start going to somchai up the street, but I need the technical parts info and service schedule. 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Mama Noodle said:

Truck is getting over 4 years old now and over 65k kilometers, so its time to pull away from Toyota services and start going to somchai up the street,

I think you worry too much 65K is no high mileage.

Normally you find manuals online.

You only need a workshop manual if your going to do the work yourself.

If your bothered take the handbook schedule to a Cockpit or B.Quik place and let them read it.

My Vigo 3ltr 4x4 was looked after by Cockpit from a year old for 6 years never a problem, our local Toyota dealer was useless as well as expensive.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Pop into your local Toyota dealer and ask them to get you one. Normally takes a few weeks. Cost I don't know as I got mine for free. But they used to cost around 5/6 hundred BHT. Question is it the latest model 2.4/2.8lt engine? If so I have the service manual, and can give you all the info you need, till you get yours. You only have to ask.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Not worrying. 

Hence the thread. Can you help? I cant find them online. 

I was trying to be helpful. But as you have replied with a confused post to my and others reply.

You just seem like others on TVF to be yet another sad person. Please don't ask for any help I offered as it wont be forthcoming.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Fred giveth and Fred taketh away !!

The OP ask where he could get a manual. I replied with the answer. I then offered to inform him of the service details till he got his new book. 

But It seems he cant understand English. Then again he is from the USA so not surprising. Then it turned out he was yet another div on TVF. So yes I offered & then taketh away. The Op can go jump as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

I was trying to be helpful. But as you have replied with a confused post to my and others reply.

You just seem like others on TVF to be yet another sad person. Please don't ask for any help I offered as it wont be forthcoming.   

No helping some people Fred unless they have fully tool up workshop I cannot see why they want a workshop manual. 

My Isuzu came with schedule's in a book in the truck in English & Thai I show that to the Cockpit guys and they check over as listed to kilos done. 

They can't read English. ????????????

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

No helping some people Fred unless they have fully tool up workshop I cannot see why they want s workshop manual. 

My Isuzu came with schedule's in a a book in the truck in English & Thai I  show that tothe Cockpit giyd and they check over as listed to kilos done. 

They can't read English. ????????????

The reason he cant find them on line is because their not available there. I have looked before. So you will have to get/Buy the book.

Did you know that the Toyota manual in Thai says different things to the English manual. Cant be bothered to give examples but there are lots of them.

And yes your correct you cant help some. Off now there are lots of live things on the English TV programs that I want to watch.  

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Did you know that the Toyota manual in Thai says different things to the English manual. Cant be bothered to give examples but there are lots of them.

I do know I seen it my Isuzu service book but it's near enough. ????????????

20 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I do know I seen it my Isuzu service book but it's near enough. ????????????

Most things as you say are near enough. But one big thing I have found out with Toyota Gearbox. At 40k they say in the English manual change the oil. Thai one says just inspect, how do you just inspect? I haven't a clue, as the new 6 speed auto box doesn't have a dipstick. Cant use the filler bolt as that's what it is a filler (Not a level) Cant use the level bolt as nothing will come out of it as the oil will be below the level pipe/tube. And nothing will come out. Even the peeps in Toyota didn't know how to inspect. They did suggest take the drain plug out but that will loose all/some of the oil. So why not just replace in the first place???   

Edited by fredob43

1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

Most things as you say are near enough. But one big thing I have found out with Toyota Gearbox. At 40k they say in the English manual change the oil. Thai one says just inspect, how do you just inspect? I haven't a clue, as the new 6 speed auto box doesn't have a dipstick. Cant use the filler bolt as that's what it is a filler (Not a level) Cant use the level bolt as nothing will come out of it as the oil will be below the level pipe/tube. And nothing will come out. Even the peeps in Toyota didn't know how to inspect. They did suggest take the drain plug out but that will loose all/some of the oil. So why not just replace in the first place???   

You have opened a can of worms, as you say best in Thailand as UK suggests to drain it and fill it with the exact amount of autogearbox oil stated as always vehicles with auto boxes like yours have got more complicated e.g. Just checking oil level in a autobox like yours is a Toyota joke as I see it. 

I don't think OP has a 6 speed type box. 

Whatever you do mate is if Toyota dealer does check it make sure they put back the same amount of oil that came out. 

This is a problem in Thailand the amount engine and gearbox expertise levels is something to worry about.

A excellent garage would say to you here is a hire vehicle for you sir,  we have to keep your vehicle overnight to check auto gearbox oil on your type of vehicle. 

They will have 4 high-tech pieces of special equipment to check your vehicle properly by a guy who knows what his doing. 

34 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

You have opened a can of worms, as you say best in Thailand as UK suggests to drain it and fill it with the exact amount of autogearbox oil stated as always vehicles with auto boxes like yours have got more complicated e.g. Just checking oil level in a autobox like yours is a Toyota joke as I see it. 

I don't think OP has a 6 speed type box. 

Whatever you do mate is if Toyota dealer does check it make sure they put back the same amount of oil that came out. 

This is a problem in Thailand the amount engine and gearbox expertise levels is something to worry about.

A excellent garage would say to you here is a hire vehicle for you sir,  we have to keep your vehicle overnight to check auto gearbox oil on your type of vehicle. 

They will have 4 high-tech pieces of special equipment to check your vehicle properly by a guy who knows what his doing. 

I don't mess about K/S, my last service was the 40k Big one. R/Axle, F/axle, Splitter box, Gear/B, + the usual engine bits. I got them to change everything. That's when I found out about the difference between the Thai book and the UK one, G/Box wise. Also how they change the gearbox oil. Not simple like the old ones. Just drain and fill to the level. Then check with dipstick. Not going to go through it now, suffice to say it's a job you cant do yourself.

Toyota have it down to a fine art took them just under two hours to do the lot. More than likely quicker if I hadn't been asking questions.   

52 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Toyota have it down to a fine art took them just under two hours to do the lot. More than likely quicker if I hadn't been asking questions.   

If you're happy OK but why did you say they didn't know how to check your auto box on your new one.? 

Anyway, this thread is now about 2 pseudo-expert geriartics bickering. 

Figured I’d give this forum a try considering I live in Thailand, maybe others have been in the same boat. 

But, as per usual, the same people that can’t even figure out what oil to run or what tire pressure to run are giving “advice” that nobody asked for. 

I’ll take my question over to Toyota forums in Oz and South Africa. 

11 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Anyway, this thread is now about 2 pseudo-expert geriartics bickering. 

Figured I’d give this forum a try considering I live in Thailand, maybe others have been in the same boat. 

But, as per usual, the same people that can’t even figure out what oil to run or what tire pressure to run are giving “advice” that nobody asked for. 

I’ll take my question over to Toyota forums in Oz and South Africa. 

You're American I understand as a father I have children of my own.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

If you're happy OK but why did you say they didn't know how to check your auto box on your new one.? 

The English book said change oil in G/B. The Thai book said inspect oil. So I asked how do they inspect it, that's because I could see a way of doing it. They both just looked confused. It 40k so we change seemed to be the outcome. That's what I wanted anyway.

27 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

You're American I understand as a father I have children of my own.

Why do you guys make everything so difficult? 

Literally every other automotive forum I’m a part of is fun and full of banter, jokes, helpful people and information yet come on here? It’s like a toothless alcoholic slap-fight over kindergarten level questions. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Andy from Kent said:

Mama knows where he can get the manual.  He said it's available on Amazon.

The issue is cost.   He has to decide how much he needs it and how much he's willing to pay.

Silly to have a full blown argument about such a minor matter.

So finally we get the truth he knows where to get one, but he's to much of a cheap Charley to pay out a few hundred BHT for one. Why didn't he say that in his OP??? If he had done I wouldn't have replied in the first place.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fredob43 said:

The English book said change oil in G/B. The Thai book said inspect oil. So I asked how do they inspect it, that's because I could see a way of doing it. They both just looked confused. It 40k so we change seemed to be the outcome. That's what I wanted anyway.

Well I hope Toyota dealer checked the temperature of the oil when refilling because those g/boxes are quirky.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1