English Owners Manual and Shop Manual for 2016 Fortuner

Mama Noodle

1 hour ago, fredob43 said:

So finally we get the truth he knows where to get one, but he's to much of a cheap Charley to pay out a few hundred BHT for one. Why didn't he say that in his OP??? If he had done I wouldn't have replied in the first place.

Do you people even read? Clearly you didn’t read the OP. 

Also, shop manuals are not “a few hundred baht” they are sometimes closer to “a few hundred dollars” for newer vehicles. Clearly you don’t know and have never seen a shop manual. 

Mercy....

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Do you people even read? Clearly you didn’t read the OP. 

Also, shop manuals are not “a few hundred baht” they are sometimes closer to “a few hundred dollars” for newer vehicles. Clearly you don’t know and have never seen a shop manual. 

Mercy....

Question why would you need a workshop manual. Do you intend to strip down G/Boxes +++ in your own garage. More then likely not. All you require is an owners manual, that will tell you all you need to know regarding servicing.

That's as simple a pie on a Toyota. Normally at 10k km intervals for the diesel ones. I'll list some of them for you.

Toyo Tuna TRD. 10k km. Eng: oil, filter, 2.5 or 3lt semi Syn: 6lt. 2.4 2.8lt full Syn: 8lt, grease prop + check for any other bit's.

Dito 20k km + change wheels round. 40k km as 20km + change R/Axle, gearbox oil, bit more if 4X4. Also check fuel filter. Oil grade for F/R/Axle splitter box oil is anything in the range of 70w to 85w Toyota use 75w. 60 km is a full check of brakes + the 20k km. 80K or 6 years one is the same as 40k one + brake fluid change. Just have to remember the 10K and the slightly bigger 20k ones. Simple as pie as I have said. The above and any other info is all in the owners manual.  

And yes I have seen the full workshop manual my local Toyota garage has them.

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Well I hope Toyota dealer checked the temperature of the oil when refilling because those g/boxes are quirky.

First off they get all the oils out that they are going to use for the lump. Then they do all the other bits last being the G/B. Drain old oil. Then put the fresh G/B oil into a pump that's because you cant fill G/B from the can. And pump it into the G/B. That's where it sits for around 8 + more min: they start up the eng: and put it in gear to circulate the oil that's done for at least another 7/8 Min: then it's left to stand for a good time, (about 10 min: in my case) to level itself before they take out any excess & bring it down to the correct level. By the time this is all done the G/B will be cool and the fresh oil will be the same temp: as the G/B. So why would they check the temp: in the first place??? They don't store oil in a fridge for Buddha sake.   

Edited by fredob43
  • Confused 3

13 hours ago, fredob43 said:

I use 2 Toyota garages, Both are spot on. How I would have got on in say B/Quick Buddha only knows.

Uncomfortable with Hi-Jacking the thread, it's become another topic. 

I use Cockpit because there's a ex

clever engineer there.

Never found a competent Toyota dealership. 

On 9/24/2020 at 8:47 PM, fredob43 said:

So finally we get the truth he knows where to get one, but he's to much of a cheap Charley to pay out a few hundred BHT for one. Why didn't he say that in his OP??? If he had done I wouldn't have replied in the first place.

He may not be generous when it comes to paying for something he wants but..

On 9/24/2020 at 7:32 PM, Mama Noodle said:

Trust me, the last group of people I’d waste my time getting back to, is this group. 

He's certainly generous with his bitterness towards members of TVF.

Somebody take away his sour  attitude pills.

• Haha 1