Thai police to ask Interpol for "Red Notice" on Boss: But does that mean he'll be arrested?

webfact

If Prayut wants to something meaningful other than replying the same "catch me if you can" game, reset the statute of limitations, ie., in the instance when someone flees prosection.

Apply a new law in retrospect? Why not. He did so previously with the government's right to prosecute an accused who fled the country to avoid protection (Yingluck).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skippybangkok said:

Reminds when when they let Thaksin to Beijing olympics and we all knew he would disappear. In fairness, in his case its sometimes best to exile him than motivate his base with a real criminal case. 

Did he not get divorced in the Thai embassy in Hong Kong?

This should have been done years ago!  there are reason it hasn't all the noise now is to please the public something is going to be done then like always slip it under the rug.

When they find him will he have to contact the Thai Embassy and go through all the hoops to get back in will he stay in a 5 star plus 14 day quarantine accommodation then release back to Mama?

Edited by thailand49

7 hours ago, webfact said:

"INTERPOL cannot compel the law enforcement authorities in any country to arrest someone who is the subject of a Red Notice.

"Each member country decides what legal value it gives to a Red Notice and the authority of their law enforcement officers to make arrests".

So basically it's not worth the paper it's written on.

Maybe more worthwhile to find out which countries have issued him a passport and have it revoked... including any Thai passports he may have.

As a Thai guest in a country he must have a passport of some kind to apply for a visa?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Interpol will not act, even if you guys ask.

Folks assume that Interpol is some sort of super duper international law agency with all sorts of powers! truth be known they have no powers of arrest so all they do is coordinate! Sure they will have a lot of success coordinating law enforcement in Thailand to arrest the "Perp" 

5 minutes ago, CGW said:

Folks assume that Interpol is some sort of super duper international law agency with all sorts of powers! truth be known they have no powers of arrest so all they do is coordinate! Sure they will have a lot of success coordinating law enforcement in Thailand to arrest the "Perp" 

His personal motto may as well be - I, Prayuth, promise to move Thailand backwards at a breath taking and alarming pace, and never, ever do anything to benefit the Thai people. I will continue to do everything I can to protect the elite, the super wealthy, the connected, and those in office, either in the police, my administration, or the army. The little man simply does not exist, in my consciousness, and it is all about the super rich, and the army. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

His personal motto may as well be - I, Prayuth, promise to move Thailand backwards at a breath taking and alarming pace, and never, ever do anything to benefit the Thai people. I will continue to do everything I can to protect the elite, the super wealthy, the connected, and those in office, either in the police, my administration, or the army. The little man simply does not exist, in my consciousness, and it is all about the super rich, and the army. 

Control the masses so the "elites' can continue to do exactly as they wish, you can apply that to virtually every world leader can't you? that's how they got the job, the illusion of Democracy, Technocracy - great tools for ruling add in Controlavirus and you have the perfect recipe, those good folks at Tavistock (social engineers) will and are coordinating, while the "Elites" sit back and chuckle!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai police to ask Interpol for "Red Notice" on Boss: But does that mean he'll be arrested?

Easy enough to answer. 

If history is a guide then Interpol will ignore the Red Notice as they did the last time.
Why?  Interpol is for busting "little people", not billionaires and their heirs. 

• Like 2

Even if a keen cop does arrest him there is still the matter of extradition. His lawyer could claim that the arrest is politically motivated by a military government and the extradition then gets rejected. And then they apply to get the name removed from the Interpol Red Notice. Safe again!

A brief Goog produced this lot of lawyers in London who previously advised a well known UAE resident and who seem very proud of their efforts... https://www.corkerbinning.com/our-services/interpol-red-notices/