"100" Daily limit For Pattaya IO. Where is IO w No Limit?

11 minutes ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

I can think of a few nearby provinces - Chachoengsao (normally pretty quiet, despite proximity to Bangkok), Rayong and a bit further afield, Chantaburi or Saraburi. I would get in the car and immediately choose one of these locations should you be rejected again tomorrow. Many locations appear to be open on Saturday too, but I wouldn't count on all offices doing so. 

It is a long drive but Hat Lek immigration in Trat has  a reputation as the friendliest office in Thailand. They even have a comments book to write how their service is. I guess still open even though the border crossing is closed. Can treat yourself to a weekend at Koh Kood or Koh Chang afterwards. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

that is a very logical reason to quit processing any further visas  at 9 am on the 24th.  I agree.  

Why goiing the very few last days ....as could see already no more amnesty extension planned by Immigr..?

I never in anything go last moment ....especially when taking plane or even the speed train to airport ....as i  am not friends with Murphy's law...

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wongkitlo said:

It is a long drive but Hat Lek immigration in Trat has  a reputation as the friendliest office in Thailand. They even have a comments book to write how their service is. I guess still open even though the border crossing is closed. Can treat yourself to a weekend at Koh Kood or Koh Chang afterwards. 

Didn't even know there was an immigration office there! Or do you mean the one in Khlong Yai, 15km from Hat Lek, which covers that town, seeing that's the stamp you get when you enter or exit there (Khlong Yai, Thailand)?

2 hours ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

Didn't even know there was an immigration office there! Or do you mean the one in Khlong Yai, 15km from Hat Lek, which covers that town, seeing that's the stamp you get when you enter or exit there (Khlong Yai, Thailand)?

Yes Klong Yai. I was trying to remember it's name.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dart12 said:

I don't know. we stayed 2 and a half extra hours hoping they would let more in after they cleared some of the first batch.  we gave up after 11am when they started blocking the entrance and putting up signs.

At around 2:00 PM they handed out twenty new numbers. Mate got #7, consideration stamp until 15 Oct. Can/may/will go back for 26 Oct stamp but think he's flying out soon.

17 hours ago, johng said:

Yes  see here  they say  in the info graphic only 100 persons per day

Phew! That's good news, have to attend Jomtien today (no choice) to have my stamp updated for marriage extension, after the compulsory one month wait. I'm hoping to do my 90 day reporting at the same time. Thought I'd have to fight my way through a vast throng of bad-tempered, heaving bodies. Now my bad-tempered heaving body should be able to get the job done without too much trouble.

12 hours ago, david555 said:

That is now the result to use the "wait until the last days option ".....as Dutch embassy already gave warning no amnesty extension would be given anymore by immigration to their compatriots ...

That warning has been out there from a multitude of sources......

I just hope they will keep processing beyond the deadline without becoming draconian.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

That warning has been out there from a multitude of sources......

I just hope they will keep processing beyond the deadline without becoming draconian.

As long they would give those plastic number cards out in the time limited period , to process beyond the deadline it would be fair for both sides ....

Edited by david555

2 hours ago, jesimps said:

Phew! That's good news, have to attend Jomtien today (no choice) to have my stamp updated for marriage extension, after the compulsory one month wait. I'm hoping to do my 90 day reporting at the same time. Thought I'd have to fight my way through a vast throng of bad-tempered, heaving bodies. Now my bad-tempered heaving body should be able to get the job done without too much trouble.

You're supposed to go to Jomtien Immigration at Soi 5. Not the temporary office.