NIPT test in Thailand? Which brand?

Ray394

Hi, 

I'm getting my 10 weeks of pregnancy soon. And my clinic suggested the NIPT test in their clinic. The brand name is Qualifi by NGG and it provides Down, Edward, Patau syndrome and a baby sex information. 

However before I proceed, I did some research and there are a couple more NIPT brands in Thailand such as Panorama and Genode. I know Panorama is a famous on in USA but never heard of Genode system. One of the clinic offer a lot more DNA information with cheaper price. 

https://www.raknareeclinic.com/ตรวจคัดกรองดาวน์ซินโดร/?gclid=CjwKCAjw5Kv7BRBSEiwAXGDElSQir8OgFT_kona62h5BA4IbnsGueCOX4ej7LUU29AWpd6thznMscBoCz9cQAvD_BwE

However I'm not sure how accurate this one is. 

Could anyone provide me some information about NIPT? Thanks. 

I would steer clear of clinics for this and stick to hospital.

Genode is a Thai company and has some sort of affiliation with Ramatibodhi hospital. As a test should be OK but it is important to have a doctor who can accurately explain results to you. Especially as both false negatives and false positives can occur. False positives more than false negatives but still 1% chance of the former.

Thanks to both! I almost decided to go for Christian hospital where provides a couple options/brands for their patients. I will decide which fits to me the best after talking to Dr. 

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I would steer clear of clinics for this and stick to hospital.

Thanks for the advice! Hospital would be a better idea than a clinic...

1 hour ago, RotBenz8888 said:

We did ours at Chula 4y ago very good service.

Yeah! Chula was one of my options as well, since I read many positive reviews. Looks like it's about 15k these days. Thanks! 

• Like 1