Pattaya: Desperate dad comes to find his daughter on Koh Larn

webfact

Pattaya: Desperate dad comes to find his daughter on Koh Larn

9pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Thai media 77kaoded spoke to a desperate man who they found sleeping rough in the area of Beach Road, Pattaya.

It was 65 year old Prajak who said he had left Sukhothai (in the north of Thailand) with 500 baht in his pocket and was trying to find his daughter who he has had no contact with for ten years. 

All he knows is that Cheun Sangthong, now 40, lives with a foreigner on Koh Larn.

He said he had run out of money and couldn't get across to the island. 

He said that he had lost his job as a tractor driver at a factory because of the pandemic. His wife had long since died and no other relatives could help him out. 

He said that his daughter got quite a lot of money selling his land years ago - now he needed her help and it was payback time. 

Asked what message he had for his daughter if she could be located he said: Tell her I miss her. 

The media asked the public who might know the daughter to help contact her and tell her that her dad is sleeping rough near the entrance to Walking Street. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-24

• Sad 7
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Why would Police & Immigration get involved?? What if she doesn't want to be found? I mean, she clearly hasn't tried to contact him. Too many presumptions on your part. No need to insult the Police & Immigration in this case.

It´s not an insult. According to me they should help the guy, and if the daughter not want to be found, she can at least pay back the money she in reality owe her father. However, I am sure you will bring the law into it and try make it irrelevant. Just do that. Have fun.

5 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Why would Police & Immigration get involved?? What if she doesn't want to be found? I mean, she clearly hasn't tried to contact him. Too many presumptions on your part. No need to insult the Police & Immigration in this case.

And what if she sold the land before she was living with the farang and spended all the money drinking and going out every night living the live and her father being worried where she is and waiting for his part of the money . He was just saying let the police or immigration help this man finding his daughter thats why he talked about police and immigration . What about if your own daughter ran away from eindhoven with a loverboy ?? Wouldn't you be happy with police or immigration or the amberalert . Or if the police or whatever institution wouldn't help you in any way when you where sleeping on the street outside the PSV stadium with no money because your daughter sold your house , would you be happy then ?? Would you be saying the same thing then ?? Maybe there is two sides to this story we never know but don't make you assumptions just because someone is saying that he can't understand why nore the police nor the immigration is helping him find his daughter . 

7 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Answer! Who is insulting anybody? Did I write more than I thought that they should assist in this case? So, let your words spread now!

Edited by Matzzon

On 9/24/2020 at 3:00 PM, Matzzon said:

Where is the police and immigration helping this man locate his daughter?

Has the foreigner breached any immigration laws?

Has the daughter committed a criminal offence?  

If the police and / or immigration provide the father with their whereabouts it would be a breach of their privacy and improper use of resources.  Eg. computer database. 

After 10 years, they may not be on Koh Larn, and could be in farangland somewhere, but perhaps there is a mutual family member still in contact that could reach out.   

If this is what the women did to her father, imagine what she is doing to her farang.   ????

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Has the foreigner breached any immigration laws?

Has the daughter committed a criminal offence?  

If the police and / or immigration provide the father with their whereabouts it would be a breach of their privacy and improper use of resources.  Eg. computer database. 

After 10 years, they may not be on Koh Larn, and could be in farangland somewhere, but perhaps there is a mutual family member still in contact that could reach out.   

If this is what the women did to her father, imagine what she is doing to her farang.   ????

Finding out a persons address have never been a breach of privacy or computer law. When you go back to before Internet and computer, you could find peoples addresses in a regular phone book.

• Like 2

Just now, Matzzon said:

Finding out a persons address have never been a breach of privacy or computer law. When you go back to before Internet and computer, you could find peoples addresses in a regular phone book.

I've lost touch with a few great bar girls.  Do you think it's appropriate Thai Police give me their addresses and phone numbers, or Immigration let me know me know if they are still in Thailand? 

I see your point.  How simple is it for the police to enter into the computer the daughter's name and date of birth and up come up with ID Card details and / or drivers license details, which includes address, and they pass it onto the father who can make his way to her for some care.

However, what if the father gets these details, goes to see the daughter, demands money, daughter refuses to give money, a fight ensues and the father assaults the daughter, or worse, stabs and kills the daughter. 

Would you say the police / immigration done the right thing?   

On 9/24/2020 at 3:29 PM, Grumpy one said:

Should have kept his land, this comes from an old fool who has been in the same boat as him

Yes. Then his daughter would be easy to find or at least she would find him.

Edited by Reigntax

On 9/24/2020 at 12:18 PM, webfact said:

Asked what message he had for his daughter if she could be located he said: Tell her I miss her.

Sad story, but so typical.

Running out of money and suddenly *family values* come to mind.

Reminds me of a person winning the jackpot and next day the family, that always missed him so much, shows up.