Pattaya: Long holiday weekends greeted with a big smile by Chonburi tourism rep

webfact

Pattaya: Long holiday weekends greeted with a big smile by Chonburi tourism rep

10pm.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable TV

Sophon Cable TV spoke to the chief of Chonburi Attractions Club who they said greeted news of extra long weekends in November and December with a big smile.

The cabinet decided earlier in the week to declare 19-22 November and 10-13 December as four day breaks. 

120138020_3554734861214089_6799922313093083191_o.jpg

Thitiphat Siranatsrikun said that the last long break - a four day Songkran replacement holiday in early September - had provided a welcome boost in the province for domestic tourism. 

She said that attractions were full of tourists and it was a great stimulus measure. 

10pm1.jpg

She welcomed the government decision after they announced the two new long breaks and said that operators were preparing for the influx of tourists. 

She said that advance bookings so far indicated the measure would be successful. 

Source: Sophon Cable TV

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-24

At least we know when we should avoid travelling.

Not a bad idea to concentrate all the travelling, and associated traffic jams and price hikes, over one long week end...leaving the rest of the month free of hassles, and cheaper, for those who prefer to avoid crowds...

• Like 2

This is an interesting photo - on the shelf is a book by Koontz, so this person is obviously a fan of other horror fiction to go with her fictional belief tourists will save her from the reality of this horror !

Course, if she's reading The Eyes Of Darkness, she will know Koontz predicted a Chinese virus named Wuhan-400 years ago - so she may well be better advised to ban the Chinese first

120138020_3554734861214089_6799922313093083191_o.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

This is an interesting photo - on the shelf is a book by Koontz

Well spotted.

5 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

so she may well be better advised to ban the Chinese first

Unfortunately.. I'll bet they are one of the first let back in.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, a977 said:

How can people keep taking holidays either on no pay or if paid loss of production, you see my dear Prime Minister Pinocchio you need people working to produce things which your company then sells to make a profit which keeps the people employed, which puts bread on the table. But then I'm just a stupid farang how would I know these things after all I never was in the army !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Domestic tourism is a major source of revenue in the UK and the USA

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nout said:

Domestic tourism is a major source of revenue in the UK and the USA

Yes. We got to insist that it cannot possibly be in Thailand, however, so we can maintain the illusion that only farangs have money  and Thais just eat som tum, drink Sangsom, and live in jungles. It's that relentless need to feel superior. The obverse is all the victimism because of Thais' infuriating refusal to acknowledge that natural superiority.

Yet the Kasikorn Research Centre (not TAT) said in 2017 regarding domestic tourism:

It also forecasts that Thai travellers will make 158.2 to 159.7 million trips, this year, up 6.2% to 7.2% compared with the growth rate of 7.3% last year.

Last year, domestic tourism circulated THB869 billion and generated 149.0 million trips.

4 hours ago, BigStar said:

et the Kasikorn Research Centre (not TAT) said in 2017 regarding domestic tourism:

It also forecasts that Thai travellers will make 158.2 to 159.7 million trips, this year, up 6.2% to 7.2% compared with the growth rate of 7.3% last year.

Last year, domestic tourism circulated THB869 billion and generated 149.0 million trips.

Weren't most of those trips between Issan and Pattaya?   They were traveling to earn money, not spend money.  ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Leaver said:

Weren't most of those trips between Issan and Pattaya?   They were traveling to earn money, not spend money.  ????

Unlikely, as Pattaya's been dead for over 10 years. ???? However, you may present your usual "evidence."

Edited by BigStar

3 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Pls advise of the additional flights throughout Isaan in recent years?

For example, when AirAsia started the Utapeo - Udon Thani - Utapeo route, it was huge.  

Nok Air and Smile also cater for many of the Issan to southern tourist destination routes.

These routes are basically for "Fly In Fly Out" workers.  (FIFO)  Most working in the sex trade.  

Lucrative for the airlines.

I am sure they are classified as, "domestic tourism" flights.  ????

30 minutes ago, Leaver said:

For example, when AirAsia started the Utapeo - Udon Thani - Utapeo route, it was huge.  

Nok Air and Smile also cater for many of the Issan to southern tourist destination routes.

These routes are basically for "Fly In Fly Out" workers.  (FIFO)  Most working in the sex trade.  

Lucrative for the airlines.

I am sure they are classified as, "domestic tourism" flights.  ????

You've named one flight route.

Just now, HashBrownHarry said:

You've named one flight route.

I could post many links, by due to Covid, I guess many routes are not operating.  

Phuket - Udon Thani - Phuket comes to mind.

There are / were many from Issan to southern tourist destinations.  Do you deny this?  

• Haha 2