Why less than 1-full year received for entrance into Thailand w/ Non O-A visa?

I am confused about the amount to time I have been allowed to enter the LoS with my Non O-A visa. My visa was issued from a Thai Consulate in the U.S. barely into the first week of February 2020. I entered the country the beginning of the 3rd week of the same. And, in my total absent mindedness, ???? I just realized the other day (when I got my wife and daughters placed on to my O-A visa) that I was only admitted to stay in the country until the mid-part of the 2nd week of February 2021 --nine days short of a full year according to the calendar. I thought I was able to get a full year--admitted to stay in the country until the day before my entrance day into the country (this year) the following year! That is exactly the amount of time I was allowed to stay 4 years ago. Why would I not receive the same now? Even including both the beginning date (day of entry) and the ending date of admittance (now stamped in my passports), it only comes to 357 days.

Is this simply an error I missed at Customs at BKK when entering the country earlier this year? Or, is there some COVID related matter or other new regulation here at play that I am unaware of that has me admitted to the country 9 days less than previously allowed? If it is the former, do you think I can respectfully point this out at immigration on my next 90-day report and ask them to change it (in all of our PPs)? Thanks. ????

20 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I would advise that you start planning now for an in-country extension (money in Thai bank, health insurance) as it is quite possible (I would go so far as to say likely) that borders will still be closed in February.

Note that for an in-country extension international health insurance is not accepted, must have a policy from one of the Thai companies listed on the tgia website.

@Isaanman > Sound advice by Sheryl.

I did PM you some information on how to subscribe to the LMG Insurance Plan 1 policy.  That is the cheapest IO-approved insurance policy issued by a TGIA associated insurer.  Since you are already covered by your international insurance (which will not be accepted by IO) going for that cheapest policy is indicated, annual premium will be between 6.000 and 11.400 THB in the age bracket of 51 till 75 years of age.  Additional advantage of that LMG Insurance policy is that it does NOT require an (expensive) medical to subscribe to it.

>> To access your PM messages just click the letter-icon next to your Profile when logged-in to the Forum.

20 hours ago, Isaanman said:

Hey guys, 

I just figured it out. Perhaps, you are all already familiar with the matter and I was just ignorant. Looking back through all my initial documents a few minutes ago, I just realized that the coverage of the medical insurance (with a foreign, non-Thai company) I purchased for our family ends at the end of the day that BKK customs stamped in my Passport. I had forgotten that I had to start my coverage and pay for it about a week or so before we actually left the U.S. and entered Thailand. Evidently, Customs in BKK were on the ball and recognized it, only allowing me to stay in the LoS through the coverage period allotted in the policy. 

So, the loss of 9 days was not an error. I am sad to lose the days, but glad that I understand it and was not wrongfully deprived of them. Sorry for the bother. ???? Perhaps this experience and info will be helpful for others in the future who might have the same question.  

Since your insurance is foreign you will need another policy to do an incountry extension of stay in Feb. If you are happy with your foreign insurance best option is to keep it and take out a cheap  local "throw away" policy as advised by poster above. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

@Isaanman > Sound advice by Sheryl.

I did PM you some information on how to subscribe to the LMG Insurance Plan 1 policy.  That is the cheapest IO-approved insurance policy issued by a TGIA associated insurer.  Since you are already covered by your international insurance (which will not be accepted by IO) going for that cheapest policy is indicated, annual premium will be between 6.000 and 11.400 THB in the age bracket of 51 till 75 years of age.  Additional advantage of that LMG Insurance policy is that it does NOT require an (expensive) medical to subscribe to it.

>> To access your PM messages just click the letter-icon next to your Profile when logged-in to the Forum.

Does this insurance satisfy the in/out patient Covid19 coverage required for entering the country now please?

12 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Does this insurance satisfy the in/out patient Covid19 coverage required for entering the country now please?

Probably not since it only to apply for extension of a entry from a OA visa or to enter the country with one.

At this time the $100,000 corvid 19 insurance requirement is only to get a certificate of entry from a embassy.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Someone I know just completed quarantine. He renewed his previous annual medical insurance (obtained in Thailand )but asked for it to satisfy for his COE and return to Thailand and was hit with a 16000 baht higher premium.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1