Pattaya extension not from September 27th ? Can we ask them to change the date ?

43 minutes ago, abonsa said:

hi, Pattaya immigration didn't start the extension from September 27th, do you know if we can do something about it ?

I read that the "Covid extension" is not done at first visit, but that you would get an "under consideration stamp" and have to go again to get final stamp?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From the article in this thread:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1184103-phuket-immigration-assures-all-‘visa-extensions’-at-least-30-days/

“The stamp in the passport is to indicate when the foreigner is to return to the Phuket Immigration Office in order to have the 30-day extension approved,” Lt Col Udom told The Phuket News today.

Refers to Phuket but assume it's the same elsewhere.

60 days for wife or kids extension also starts from the day you apply at Pattaya, not from September 27th.

Why nobody is saying the truth about this here ?

They clearly refuse to start any extension from 27th and nobody complains ? what is the reason ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fat George said:

Refuse to pay the money until they confirm the start date of the extension is 27 Sep to 25 Nov. They'll call the supervisor. I presented them with colour copies of their own info-graphics. Then they comprehended it and did what was required... 

You did this at Pattaya ? They would reply you to fuxx off !

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, samtab said:

They clearly refuse to start any extension from 27th and nobody complains ? what is the reason ?

Usually an extension is dated from the end of the previous extension or permit to stay.

It appears Jomtiem are using the application date in the absence of an extension up to the 27th. (i.e. amnesty PTS). Wrong though as we have seen it clearly stated these new extensions should start the 27th... Likely the boss just told them to do it that way.

Suck it up I guess as you are losing a few days after getting a substantial number, probably for free.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Usually an extension is dated from the end of the previous extension or permit to stay.

It appears Jomtiem are using the application date in the absence of an extension up to the 27th. (i.e. amnesty PTS). Wrong though as we have seen it clearly stated these new extensions should start the 27th... Likely the boss just told them to do it that way.

Suck it up I guess as you are losing a few days after getting a substantial number, probably for free.

Can we call the special immigration hotline ? and go back to change the stamp ?

• Like 1