Sri Panwa Hotel not encroaching on state land, say authorities

webfact

By The Nation

800_0a114300f09d7db.jpg?v=1600929912

The Phuket Land Office clarified on Thursday (September 24) that the 56 rai the luxury hotel Sri Panwa stands on is not owned by the state.

The provincial land office started investigating the hotel’s title deeds after netizens asked if it had been legally built on a hill in Phuket’s Wichit subdistrict and demanded all documents on rights and construction be closely inspected.

Netizens turned against the hotel after a senior manager criticised the student-led pro-democracy rally on September 19 and 20.

The Phuket Land Office said the hotel has the correct documents and does not occupy any state land.

Meanwhile, the hotel’s owner, Charn Issara Development, has been monitoring comments and is getting ready to file defamation lawsuits.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30395067

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-24

17 minutes ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile, the hotel’s owner, Charn Issara Development, has been monitoring comments and is getting ready to file defamation lawsuits.

Having this "ruling" in his favour was undoubtedly very costly, and he needs to recoup some cash most likely.

You would think with a chunk of land that size, it should have been simple to ascertain precisely the ownership immediately.

Protracted affairs here obviously draw suspicion of wrongdoing, and crazy that people highlighting such can end up in the criminal system. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Having this "ruling" in his favour was undoubtedly very costly, and he needs to recoup some cash most likely.

You would think with a chunk of land that size, it should have been simple to ascertain precisely the ownership immediately.

Protracted affairs here obviously draw suspicion of wrongdoing, and crazy that people highlighting such can end up in the criminal system. 

I suppose that you could get the GPS co-ordinates from Google Earth then take a walk around the site with a handheld GPS and compare the two. 

Alternatively you could just accept another brown envelope and save all that exertion in the heat.

Edited by billd766
Bad spelling
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, mark131v said:

I will just translate this fully for clarity:

The Phuket Land Office said the hotel has sent the correct number of brown envelopes and does not mind if the hotel occupies any state land

That's better isn't it...

That's the usual way in Thailand. However, when one has such powerful friends as this spoiled brat, even such envelopes are not necessary anymore. The land office just does as it's told.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Of course He isn't encroaching on State Land . I have seen same thing happening in our village .

Our Neighbours Original Chanote  & Land marks and Pegs Surveyed Land Printed out 40 yrs ago.

3 yrs ago A Accuser  Neighbour came with a Lawyer and New Chanote from his Land  ,Different Boundaries  and Wanted A New Survey done from the Neighbours Land  if the Neighbour didn't Give him His land back (His land so he said) or An amount of THB 200.000 and on top of that Shifting a Concrete block Fence.

The Neighbour said no and had to get his land surveyed by the  Local Lands department Surveyor.

Guess what , The Chanote/Map and Measurements  Were Different on His Laptop,Linked to the Computer at the Lands Department, then the Original Measurements from the Neighbours Chanote .

The Neighbour Lost to the Accusing Neighbour Because The Old Chanote Wast Right ,,,,Yea right.

the neighbour had to shift his Block  Fence to the New Surveyed Line.

The Accusing Neighbour and the Surveyor and  A Aquaintense from the Lands Department Know each other Very Well.

You know how easy it is if people are in the Right place to Edit /Change things on a computer if there's Money involved and Printing out a New Document.

19 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Of course He isn't encroaching on State Land . I have seen same thing happening in our village .

Our Neighbours Original Chanote  & Land marks and Pegs Surveyed Land Printed out 40 yrs ago.

3 yrs ago A Accuser  Neighbour came with a Lawyer and New Chanote from his Land  ,Different Boundaries  and Wanted A New Survey done from the Neighbours Land  if the Neighbour didn't Give him His land back (His land so he said) or An amount of THB 200.000 and on top of that Shifting a Concrete block Fence.

The Neighbour said no and had to get his land surveyed by the  Local Lands department Surveyor.

Guess what , The Chanote/Map and Measurements  Were Different on His Laptop,Linked to the Computer at the Lands Department, then the Original Measurements from the Neighbours Chanote .

The Neighbour Lost to the Accusing Neighbour Because The Old Chanote Wast Right ,,,,Yea right.

the neighbour had to shift his Block  Fence to the New Surveyed Line.

The Accusing Neighbour and the Surveyor and  A Aquaintense from the Lands Department Know each other Very Well.

You know how easy it is if people are in the Right place to Edit /Change things on a computer if there's Money involved and Printing out a New Document.

It can work both ways. 

A neighbour tried the same thing on me and both parties joined the surveyor from the land office for the measuring. All instigated by the neighbour. 

I ended up being rewarded for my neighbours attempt and gained 80cm of his land. 

His land is now smaller and mine got larger. 

Sometimes it can come back to bite the greedy. 

• Like 2