Changing Agents

I've obtained a 3 month Non-Imm from an "Associate" that owns 2 bars and a restaurant here in BKK. I've been to all 3. I mention her businesses as I feel she is "reliable". I know, I know... It's Thailand. Reliability, really?!? I'm just wondering if when you use a particular "Agent" or "Broker" you must keep using that particular "Agent" or "Broker". I trust her to get me the 3 months but its seems she is not as "In-The-Know" about a further extension adding a 12 month volunteer visa to the mix. Where as a reputable "Agent" might have the "Volunteer association" already in place. I hope that makes sense. I messaged the "reputable sponsor" of ThaiVisa.com and have not heard back from them. Thank you. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing in your passport says anything about using an agent. If you got your 90 days Non-immigrant O Visa stamped and signed by Immigration with the "Permitted to stay until-stamp", you can go to another agent if needed. Like you said, an experienced agent would have taken care of the first 3 months + the 12 months extension.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

stick to an agent that has an office and a good reputation, I wouldn't go near an associate in a bar. Find a new agent and ask them, should be fine

OP, this is exactly what you should do. 

Your in Bangkok so that makes it easy. Plenty of ones with full web site, facebook page etc. Just underlying scubascuba3 thoughts.

21 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Nothing in your passport says anything about using an agent. If you got your 90 days Non-immigrant O Visa stamped and signed by Immigration with the "Permitted to stay until-stamp", you can go to another agent if needed. Like you said, an experienced agent would have taken care of the first 3 months + the 12 months extension.

Thanks Max. That makes perfect sense now that you have said it. Somehow I was thinking along the lines of the computer registry, but that would be the same as the signature on the stamp. 

20 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

Messaged them how? Through the avenues that they request that you contact them?

Try contacting them in their recommended way; they are quite efficient.

Thanks Eindhoven. I messaged them through there preferred method. I did get a reply later in the day. They are very nice.