Got new extension of stay, TM30 and 90day report problems

Hi All

"Wall of text, written on my phone. Sorry for any spelling mistakes"

First some background.

I previously held a thai elite visa. I entered the country a few days before it expired and got a one year stamp upon entry.

I then obtained a multiple re-entry permit for this stamp. So far so good.

This permit to stay expired on the 16th of August. So at that time I went onto the amnesty in place.

Before it expired I spoke with several agent's about getting a conversion done into a non-b, as I have gotten a job opportunity in Thailand.

No one was able to get this done in country.

With the visa amnesty starting to come to an end and me not wanting to leave the country I contacted yet another agent that claimed he was able to convert it into a one year volunteer visa.

Ok, I took him up on that offer and earlier this week I received my passport back with a one year permit to stay based on being a volunteer. I was also informed by the agent that I needed to update my address (TM30) and do a 90 day report (TM47) before 26th of September.

So yesterday I went to CW to get that done, I was then referred to the new place in mung tong thani. Ok off I went to MTT.

First TM30, But it was refused claiming that they needed notorized copies of both my chanote and my purchase agreement (I have owned my condo a few years now).

I went back home and managed to get the TM30 filed online successfully instead.

Back to immigration today for the 90 day report. But it was again refused, claiming that I needed a note from the officer that processed my volunteer visa showing that I had to report before a specific date or give them my receipt from my last 90 day report or they would not accept it.

As I entered Thailand on the 14th of march, and then came the covid shutdown, I haven't made any 90 day report before so I don't have such a receipt. Nor did I get any note from the officer that processed my extension (was processed in Khon Kean).

What should I do now?

Just not do the 90 day report, what would the consequences be?

Maybe the extension itself qualified as a 90 day report, but I still don't have any receipt of it, so next report could be problematic then?

I have asked the agent I used to obtain the visa, but so far I haven't gotten any response from him.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

He states he has already.  But the person won't return his call.

The maximum fine for late reporting is 2,000 THB.

It is possible that his agent is just simply too busy, and the officers he is approaching are understandably not in the best mood during this week.

Maybe try showing up at his office instead.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Like 2

As I said, I have tried to contact the agent that I used initially. Still waiting for a response, and I will take the drive down to Pattaya tomorrow morning to go to their offices.

But the more information I have up to that point, the better it is.

Can I even do a 90 day report outside of my "home province"?

If your agent doesn't contact you, go to another agent just for the purpose of the 90 days report. It won't cost much. The fine for not doing the 90 days report is a minimum of 2,000 baht. Then you can charge your first agent for the cost for the second agent. 

Edited by Max69xl

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You don't need to do 90 day report until 90 days from when your extension was done. The frist extension is equal to a 90 day report.

Form the immigration website. "5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification"

I recently got my extension done through an agent but didn't receive a 90 day report slip in my passport. Not sure if that was forgotten or they saw the old slip I was mistakenly given back in January upon re-entry to the country thinking it was one of theirs. This slip has been mistakenly stapled into my passport 2 or 3 times now at the Mae Sot border checkpoint, even though I have been on a multiple entry visa with 90 day stays until now. No other border has ever given me this slip, because the officials know a multiple entry visa doesn't require one, but I guess not all officials know what they're doing. 

I asked my agent about this slip but haven't received a response yet. 

Is it necessary to send this slip in when I mail in my 90 day report in December? Or is a photocopy of my extension enough? 

If I'm residing in a different province to the one I got the extension from (which would be the purpose of the 90 day report since it's an address notification) that's fine too, right? 

Also, how are the 90 days counted, from the date the extension was made (Sep 18 in my case) or when it begins (Sep 27)?

What happens when one loses their slip? 

14 minutes ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

I recently got my extension done through an agent but didn't receive a 90 day report slip in my passport.

Some offices put a slip as reminder your report is due 90 days for the day you apply. It is not receipt and it is not important.

You just count 90 days from the day you applied for the extension.

19 minutes ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

Is it necessary to send this slip in when I mail in my 90 day report in December? Or is a photocopy of my extension enough? 

The extension stamp is one of copies required with your mailed report. No need for a slip for the first extension.

See: https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

20 minutes ago, TheFreqFlyer said:

If I'm residing in a different province to the one I got the extension from (which would be the purpose of the 90 day report since it's an address notification) that's fine too, right? 

You are going to need to do to change your address to the province to where you report before doing the 90 day report. A TM30 report will be needed to do it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Some offices put a slip as reminder your report is due 90 days for the day you apply. It is not receipt and it is not important.

You just count 90 days from the day you applied for the extension.

The extension stamp is one of copies required with your mailed report. No need for a slip for the first extension.

See: https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

You are going to need to do to change your address to the province to where you report before doing the 90 day report. A TM30 report will be needed to do it.

Aha I understand now.

That sounds simple enough.

So I guess not every office staples this notification slip into your passport anyway? 

3 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

The maximum fine for late reporting is 2,000 THB.

It is possible that his agent is just simply too busy, and the officers he is approaching are understandably not in the best mood during this week.

Maybe try showing up at his office instead.

Not true, it's a maximum fine of 3,000 baht.

But if you've just received it, you must go there in 90 days after receiving it, as far as I understand it. 

Edited by teacherclaire